Accident (2)

Forget Me Not

It was 8am and more reporters returned to the hospital, crowding at the entrance. The security guards tried to disperse them to prevent them from blocking the entrance. While they did that, Ga-in was advised to stay away from the ground floor.

 

Lizzy and her mum, now back after hours of calming sleep, was less emotional about Kwill's condition. They were now more curious about Ga-in's recovery than yesterday.

 

"Unnie..." Lizzy called out to the older girl next to the patient. She turned her head in response which Lizzy took as a signal to start asking. "Unnie, about your memories... Do you remember me?"

 

Ga-in nodded with a slightly warm smile, now reminded of the fully grown up Lizzy she took care of when she was younger. "You are Sooyoung... I remember you." She assured her, making Lizzy and her mum glad that they were remembered. (NOTE: Sooyoung is Lizzy's Korean name)

 

Kwon, who was a distance away from the three women in the room, was pleased upon seeing the seeming sight of a peaceful reunion, a possible end to the tension between the two. Just then, his ringtone was heard and since he didn't want to disturb the two chatting, he made his way out of the room to answer his call.

 

...

 

Later in the evening, Ga-in's friends came to pay Ga-in and Kwill a visit. All of them had to squeeze through the headstrong crowd, although smaller, in order to enter the hospital by the entrance. They offered their comforts to Ga-in upon learning from JeA about Kwill and Ga-in's past. They stayed about 2 hours before going off with Lizzy and her mum for the night, leaving Kwon and Ga-in again in Kwill's ward.

 

"You have to go home tonight, Gain-ah," Kwon insisted, "I'll fetch you home."

 

Ga-in was quiet for a moment as she thought for an excuse. "I can't leave with the reporters all out there." She said, glad that this was a valid reason why she shouldn't leave with him. "You should go home. I've taken a week's leave anyway so there's no need for me to go home. I've asked Lizzy to pack me some clothes."

 

"You know you can't stay in the ICU for too long." He reasoned with her.

 

"I can always ask the nurses to give me a visitor bed..." She tried, not relenting.

 

"And where are you going to sleep? Not in the ICU ward right?"

 

"The nurses will find me a place to sleep," She argued.

 

"Are you sure the nurses will allow you to sleep in the other wards?"

 

"They promised they will help me out..." Her voice softened when she realised she's near to losing.

 

Just then, a nurse entered, asking them to leave since the visiting hours has ended.

 

"Excuse me. I'm staying overnight here since I can't leave right now. Is there a place where I can sleep at?" She explained.

 

"Miss, most of the reporters have gone back for the night. It's been more than a day already. They gave up I guess. If you need help on leaving the hospital, we can ask for security guards to you out of the building via the exit near the rubbish chute. I don't think the reporters would want to go there."

 

"It's okay. I can follow her out." Kwon told the nurse. Ga-in had no choice but to heed what he say since her only legit excuse is gone.

 

...

 

The two of them made their way to the rubbish chute exit. They opened the door but to their surprise, saw a male with a camera in his hands. Thankfully, he was quite a distance away and he seemed to be daydreaming. Kwon put his arm over her back and together, they slowly walked to the carpark to avoid attention. As soon as they got out of the danger zone, they heaved a sigh of relief. Upon nearing Kwon's car, Ga-in got away from his arms to get to the other side of the car, oblivious of the skinship both just had since her focus was all on that reporter.

 

...

 

After Ga-in alighted from his car, another call reached him. He knew who the caller was even before he saw the caller ID since this was the nth time the person was calling. Hesitantly, he answered the call but the first few words were yelled out that he had to remove the phone away from his ear for a moment.

 

"YOU BETTER COME BACK TO THE OFFICE THIS MINUTE!!!" His superior yelled at the top of his lungs in a fit. "BUT NOT BEFORE INTERVIEWING SON GA-IN!!! IF YOU DON'T, SEE WHAT I'LL DO TO YOU TOMORROW!" He hung up with a loud thud.

 

 

Flashback to hours ago...

 

"Why didn't you pick up your phone yesterday evening?!" His superior asked sternly over the phone. "You should know as a reporter... I don't care if your work hours is over. As long as there's a scope, you have to be there to catch the scope! You're a really professional journalist but where did your professionalism fly to? Just because she's your friend? I forgave you months ago over you not reporting on the scandal she had with Kwill. You're lucky I got one of your subordinate in time to cover you." Kwon sighed. This wasn't the first time he heard him complaining. Both Lizzy and him already got a warning for rejecting his job offer to cover the story back then.

 

"This time round... you're still lucky! No one so far got to interview her yet. If not, I would kill you for missing out again. You better not miss this chance now that you're so near to her. Be the first to get her interview and our newspaper will be a hit tomorrow! Get it by this evening." He said, not giving him a chance to rebut.

 

End of flashback

 

 

He was insistant on not reporting. The problem is... how would he answer his boss? Lizzy will get another warning as well since his superior knows her relationship with Kwill.

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Continuation of the previous chapter. Sorry for not updating for 2 weeks. Babysitting my cousin's children so I have to avoid using the computer in front of them or else they will snatch it away from me LOL. I will be babysitting them for the rest of my holidays until school starts. So I probably won't update as regularly as before.

 

SPOILER:

Love Bridge's plan... in a way to say thanks for Adam couple's actions back in chapter 17^^