Valentine's Day (2)

Forget Me Not

Meanwhile...

Kwon's hands were hesitant. He slowly placed his belongings into his suitcase, eagerly watchful of the wall clock in front of him. "It should come anytime soon. Ottoke?" He thought as he squeezed his eyes in anxiety. Moving his sight to Lizzy who's outside his office, he noticed that she's done with her packing. He thought he could delay his packing a little to prevent her from leaving since she had been waiting for him after work these days. Unexpectedly, she headed to the door.

 

"Lizzy!" He called out as he ran out of the office. Lizzy stopped.

 

"Wait. She's not holding her bag. She's not leaving... Thankfully!" Realisation hit him. She looked at him strangely before continued making her way to the door. His eyes shifted as she walked until a man entered his optical range. "The man... THE FLOWERS?"

 

There was nothing he could do about it. With his wide eyes, he just stared at her receiving the bouquet after signing the recipient form. His heart pumped wildly. His nervousness heightened with every move Lizzy took. She removed the card from the bouquet and opened it with eagerness. She read the message repeatedly and blinked as if she couldn't believe her eyes. Forgetting his presence, she giggled like how a fangirl does.

 

After a moment of his heart racing wildly, he was comforted and relieved seeing her smile. More than that, he felt extremely hopeful and is thus delighted. "What should I do now?" He thought.

 

Approach her? "I don't dare to."

 

Pretend he didn't see anything? "That's ridiculous. She saw me already."

 

Cough and act cool about it? "Whatever. She's turning her head already."

 

"Omo! O..oppa..." She stuttered. "You... Did you send this card?" "Babo! Isn't his name already written on the card?" She berated her silly self for not thinking before she spoke. She was nervous.

 

Kwon was equally nervous and was in the same state of mind Lizzy was in. He unconsciously fidgeted, his hand rubbing his neck, looking away from her, unable to look at her in the eye. Trying his best not to hide how excited he was, he nodded slightly, what he thought was looking cool. However, his actions gave him away.

 

"Thanks! I like it." She continued.

 

It was silent after that. He still had the necklace to give her but he had no courage to personally give her the gift, especially since the flowers were not given to her by him directly. He stood rooted to the ground, not moving away from her.

 

"Erm... I guess I'll go now," She said which surprised Kwon.

 

"You can't go!" He said as he held to her wrist tightly.

 

...

 

Kwill just ruined his chances of his potential confession. It was frustrating for him to realise Ga-in had heard him saying that she was just a friend to him. Her reaction was a total disappointment, nothing like what he wanted this date to be. Although his liking for her was still at its beginning stage and that he came here to leave a better impression of her as a suitor, it seemed this date has lost its meaning.

 

He encouraged himself. I've lost her for almost two decades and I found her. What is this one day compared to that 19 years? He tried not to lose hope.

 

The food arrived. Ga-in was more comfortable compared to the time when they first met. She didn't eat exceptionally slow to look feminine in front of him. After the past one and a half months, she no longer thought of him as her idol but still a distant friend. Kwill looked up from his food and was comforted by the sight of her being comfortable with him around. He knew there's hope for their relationship, their new life together, as friends or lovers.

 

She knew he was staring at her and was embarrassed. She didn't like to be stared at, especially when she's eating. She pretended she was blur about it and didn't look up but after a while, she couldn't tolerate it any longer.

 

"Don't stare at me. I'm eating." She looked up and spoke. She thought he would be offended for hearing such a tone which she thought it was but unexpectedly, he laughed. "Finally speaking banmal (informal language)?" Rather, he found Ga-in's embarrassment and reaction hilarious.

 

"Continue speaking like this. Don't call me 'Kwill-ssi' anymore. It's uncomfortable to hear you call me that. Call me Hyungsoo? Oppa? Don't call me Kwill." Although Ga-in was bewildered by Kwill's sudden boldness and tone, she just nodded. To Kwill, he was finally glad he could speak comfortable like how they did when they were younger. He had to be polite since she didn't feel close to him but strange. Moreover, his childhood friend calling him 'Kwill' felt extremely odd to him.

 

...

 

After an hour...

 

Dinner was over. It's almost 7.30pm and it is impossible for them to leave the restauran together. The chauffeur entered the restaurant to Ga-in back home while Kwill had to wait for a while before leaving.

 

"Thanks for the dinner, Kwill-ssi."

 

He laughed again. "Didn't I ask you not to call me that?"

 

"Now that I gave myself time to think over it, I think 'oppa' is a little... I'll just stick to 'Kwill-ssi'." She was about to turn when he said,

"Anything but Kwill."

 

She blinked her eyes, confused. "Waeyo?"

 

"Just don't call me Kwill."

 

"Will 'Hyungsoo-ssi' be okay then?"

 

...

 

Lizzy walked out of the office with high hopes. She knew her boss like her and it was undeniable. From his subtle actions to the event for her that day, she was right about it.

 

"Kwon-ah! Wait for me. In a month's time, on White Day. It'll be my turn."

 

............................................................................................................................................................................

 

Finally! I don't know if this chapter is good enough... It's my June Holidays!!!

 

SPOILER:

 

Adam couple has a plan...