The blind date

Forget Me Not

3rd March 2013 (The next morning)

 

Her eyes struggled to open. The sunlight nearly blinded her eyes, she cannot seem to open them. Her head seemed heavy, her limbs numbed that she had no strength to lift them up, let alone to sit up. Her mind was off, still half-asleep, unable to bring yesterday's incident to her thoughts. All she knew was that she felt extremely tired, she belonged to the bed and no where else. After a while, her eyes adapted to the light and opened. She sat up with her weak arms supporting her. She wiped the dirt on her eyelashes to see better and scratched her head which wasn't washed for the whole of yesterday. It was only then she could vaguely remember what had happened the night before. "What did I do? I didn't reveal anything... right?" She mumbled to herself. "Aargh!" She pulls her hair in frustration.

 

*inserts 'Bloom' ringtone*

 

She searched for her phone on the bed with her blur vision. As soon as she grabbed it, she looked at it. It was Jokwon. Yesterday's events made her still embarrassed and she was hesitant to pick up the call. She did some reflection and realised it was impossible to run away from him forever. "Whatever!" She was about to swipe the screen but the call ended. Although it gave her a relief, it was short-lived. The phone rang again.

 

She breathed deeply before dragging her finger on the screen.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Kwon asked.

 

"Neh... why did you call, Kwon-ah?" She asked fearfully. He better not mention anything related to last night.

 

"Why didn't you answer the phone just now? By the way, meet me at that cafe we always meet at at 12." He instructed.

 

"Wae?"

 

"'I'm introducing you to someone."

 

Confused, she asked for the identity of the person.

 

"It's your date." Kwon smiled at the other end of the line.

 

"Eh?! Date?!"

 

"I've set up a blind date for you, noona! You're welcome! Don't have to thank me. Just do your best! He's Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon, my colleague. He's younger than you by a year but with his awesome, witty personality, you wouldn't mind. It's Ok Taecyeon, the handsome guy you often see on KBS news!" He said so quickly that she wasn't given a moment to refuse. hung open throughout, preparing to talk once she finds the opportunity to do so.

 

She, however didn't talk at all after a chance was given to her. Rather, she let out a chuckle, followed by a cynical laughter. Kwon was oblivious about how ridiculous his words were to her. "Noona, you're this happy? I knew Taecyeon will be a hit!"

 

"Haha... The idea is ... RIDICULOUS!!! Why set me up on a date?!"

 

"You don't like it? You said you were lonely and I guessed a blind date would suit you. I bet you're too busy to go and meet guys so I helped you on this one!" He said innocently.

 

"I never said I wanted to date! I never said I wanted to go for blind dates! I enjoy being single, waeyo?!" She yelled, frustrated about how ironic the person she likes is actually recommending her guys she don't even know and like.

 

"Anyway, noona, I informed him already. You ARE to meet him there so don't be late. It's rude to not turn up. Remember to dress nicely. Not too much eyeliner, remember!" With that, he hung up.

 

...

 

"So this is Son Ga-in ssi? You're beautiful... and HOT," Taecyeon winked.

 

"Your byuntae friend here has humour," She looked at Kwon who's slammed his face with his hands. He looked up and gave her a smile which she understood as "You better not do this" smile. She chicly ignored him and turned to look at Taecyeon.

 

"I heard you're an accountant. Accountants are always busy. I guess this is why Kwonnie set up this date for you."

 

Ga-in knew why he organized this whole thing but she didn't want to mention it, especially to a stranger. "You're right." Afraid Kwon gets reminded of it, she tried to change the mood. "You're a journalist right? Same as Kwon. No wonder you are humourous."

 

"So are you attracted to me? Seriously, I have a car, mercedes in fact. I have the looks and money. I'm not at all boring. Not as rich as Kwonnie here but definitely better looking than him. Muscles to protect a lady like you. I certainly am suitable boyfriend material." He asserted which earned him a kick in the leg by Kwon. "Be serious will you?" He whispered.

 

"And then why are you here?" Ga-in asked as she leaned back against the seat and folded her arms. Taecyeon looked at her, speechless for few seconds.

"Haha! Kwon-ah! Your friend's really feisty! I like it!" Ga-in smirked.

 

...

 

"Ya! Son Ga-in! You're supposed to be soft and gentle during a blind date!" He yelled as soon as Taecyeon left.

 

"Not when it's a forced blind date."

 

Kwon looked at her outfit. "You picked the right clothes today but didn't I tell you to go humble on your eyeliner?"

 

"My eyes, my choice. I already made an effort by coming here." She said. "Besides, I wasn't planning to go on for a second date so there's no need to impress him."

 

"You're going for it!" He demanded. "You never know. Taecyeon's really nice. He might seem  frivolous but he can actually be serious at times. You might just fall for him one day. You'll regret if you don't attend the next one."

 

"I won't regret if I don't see him again."

 

Just then, Lizzy called. Seeing Kwon being so happy when it comes to Lizzy really pains her. She then felt it's wrong of her to even think of wanting Kwon which was equivalent to snatching Lizzy from her happiness as well. If I really like Kwon, shouldn't I let him be happy?

 

"Ya! I'll go... only if you go for a trip with Lizzy." Son Ga-in! What're you talking about?!

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

SPOILER: The trip to Jeju^^ I promise you adam interactions.

 

Hope you enjoyed it.

 

ANOTHER HINT TO FOLLOWING CHAPTERS:

Look at the date again.