Regret

Forget Me Not

3rd February 2013 (One week later on a Sunday)

 

She's seated at the corner of the coffee house, waiting for the arrival of Kwon. She had been waiting for this day. She was finally asked out by him. Now she's having a huge expectation for Kwon's crush on her. Finally, there's progression on Kwon's part.

 

There's still 15 minutes. Kwon wasn't late. He never was late. It's the expectant her who decided to be early. She took the opportunity to touch up her makeup before he arrives.

 

Kwon arrived 5 minutes before the appointed time. "Lizzy-ssi!" He called. He was excited about this date despite what drove him to go for this date. He sat before Lizzy and ordered their drink.

 

"So where should we go today?" Lizzy asked.

 

Kwon thought for a while. She's only 21 years old. He had to bring her somewhere fun. "The Amusement Park?" He answered.

 

"I'm not a kid anymore..." She said. She was secretly hoping he would bring her to places that are more romantic.

 

...

 

"And you said you aren't a kid anymore." He said as they walked away from the shooting booth. Lizzy held on tight to the teddy bear she won.

 

"Which 21 year old can resist these? And that doesn't mean I'm a kid. By the way, you're only 3 years older. We aren't that different in terms of age." She retorted, pouting.

 

"You're a kid subconciously! Look at your pouting lips. Only a kid does that," Kwon laughs.

 

Throughout the day, the formality between the two of them gradually disappeared. For the first time, Kwon was able to without feeling uncomfortable. Lizzy was happy that Kwon no longer called her 'Lizzy-ssi' but just 'Lizzy' that day. She did not know that she had someone to thank to.

 

FLASHBACK (A week ago after alumni dinner)

 

Lizzy was at the entrance of the hotel with Ga-in, waiting for Kwon to finish up his conversation with his friends in the function hall. It was colder in the function hall and Kwon had told them to go to a warmer place to wait for him

 

"Unnie. I can call you 'unnie' right?" She started.

 

Ga-in looked at her and smiled. "Of course!"

 

Lizzy braced herself for her following words. She took a deep breath. "Unnie. I like Jokwon-ssi."

 

Ga-in felt a tinge of jealousy even though she had expected this when she saw how Lizzy was exceptionally sweet to him.

 

"Um... That's good!" She managed to say although her initial speechlessness was inescapable from one's hearing or sight.

 

...

 

One day before the date...

 

"Ya! Give me back! It's my phone! Give me!" Kwon screamed trying to snatch his mobile phone from Ga-in's clutches.

 

Ga-in had sent a message to Lizzy.

 

"Meet me tomorrow at May coffee house in Sinsa-dong at 1 pm. Don't be late! ^^"

 

"Kwonnie-ah, just go. Can't you tell Lizzy likes you? I'm doing you a favour. You'll be grateful if you listen to me now." Her words are the exact opposite of what she really thinks. She hates to send him away like that but it's her way of avoiding her interests for Kwon.

 

End of Flashback, forward to after date at 8 pm

 

It's 8pm. Ga-in had been staring at her phone ever since dinner. It's finally time.

 

From Ga-in noona

How's your date?

 

Kwon, who just returned from his dinner with Lizzy, received the message. He enthusiastically replied:

 

From Kwonnie

It was smooth. Thank you noona! ^^ We went to Lotte World! You don't know how lively Lizzy can be outside work. Aigoo... That girl made me go for the roller coaster ride. I ended up dizzy and nauseous. That girl, however, pulled me to the Haunted House without giving me a single break! Aigoo... Without you, I wouldn't have an enjoyable day. Jeongmal gomawo! (Really thank you!)

 

Ga-in felt something different about the way Kwon talked to her. He no longer called Lizzy "Lizzy-ssi" just like before. He never was so enthusiastic in thanking her. Being such close friends, they hardly were so formal to thank each other for trivial things friends do for each other. She found this worrying as this meant one thing. Kwon might have liked Lizzy more than her. She felt she's losing her close relationship with the increased formality between her and Kwon. It was only a day and...

 

From Ga-in noona

Tell me honestly. Do you like Lizzy-ssi?

 

"What took him so long?" She thought, "He must be hesitating! Why did I even help him?"

 

A moment later, the message she received was all she needed to prove her anxieties true.

 

From Kwonnie

I like her.

 

....................................................................................................................................................................

This is the shortest chapter I've ever written. Sorry... Rushing to finish as it's already late and I've school the next day. Didn't want to delay this chapter any further as I want to write as much chapters as I can before June. Cut most of the chapter from the date scenes since I don't think anyone's really interested in their date... i guess??? Shall reprimand myself for choosing quantity over quality this time round.

 

SPOILERS:

 

Kwill's finally appearing again after a 3 chapter hiatus!

 

Next few chapters will be getting more fun... to me at least...

 

 

Comments please... I beg you???