Jealous (2)

Forget Me Not

No one’s POV

 

“20 minutes… What should I do to occupy my time?” She thought.

 

She rummaged her bag, taking out a compact mirror and her cosmetic bag and began touching up her makeup. She smiled subtly as she admired herself on the mirror. She felt exceptionally beautiful that day, probably because of the good mood she’s feeling then.

 

From the reflection on the mirror, she saw someone suspiciously lurking behind her from a distance. She couldn’t see that person’s face clearly but she could tell he was looking in her direction. While she’s staring at him, her hand shifted a little and the glare reflected from the mirror reached his eyes. He got alerted and looked in another direction. This further worsen her suspicion. She knew how to defend herself and thus, her calmness. Yet, she felt uncomfortable with his presence and prayed for Kwill to arrive as soon as possible to chase that stranger away.

 

He arrived a few minutes later to see her smiling widely at him. He smiled back. Unbeknownst to her, the reason behind that smile wasn’t simply what she thought it was. For the past 2 days, there was never a moment without thinking of her. Seeing her after what seemed like years to him, it’s inevitable that he’ll smile so brightly. In fact, he had been smiling so much for the past 2 days. He was never that cheerful, ever since she left him and the past never left him all these years.

 

Flashback

 

1 January 1995

 

It’s only two days after Kwill’s 13th birthday…

 

He ran as fast as he could under the rain. He wasn’t sheltered with an umbrella. He was drenched from head to toes. His tears on his cheeks and the rain drops which fell on his face mixed. He was so nervous he didn’t even bother to think of his umbrella. Taking a taxi wasn’t his option since he would have to wait for one. He wasn’t bothered by the rain at all, even at the risk of slipping on the streets. Reaching the neighbourhood hospital in only 6 minutes, he felt as if it was hours.

 

He rushed into the ward she was in. The bed was empty. The toilet was empty. She wasn’t in the room, just like he expected. He came too late.

 

The thirteen year old fell onto the ground, whimpering. ”Why didn’t I stay a little longer? Why didn’t I visit yesterday?”

 

The blue forget-me-nots he gave her on his birthday were still on the table in the flower vase but she wasn’t there.

 

End of flashback

 

Ga-in walked over to him. She was so excited to the extent of forgetting about the suspicious stranger who was still behind her from a distance the whole time.

 

“Oppa, what should we do today?” (Still can’t imagine Ga-in call anyone ‘Oppa’ :D )

 

Kwill smiled at that. It had been a long time since he heard her call him “Oppa”.

 

“I’ll buy you ice cream.” He suggested.

 

They walked towards the Ben and Jerry shop. As soon as they entered the shop, they chose the seat nearest to the window. After they sat down, he signalled for the waiter to come over their table.

 

“We would like to have double scoops of Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream each.” Kwill said to the waiter.

 

“How did he know I liked Strawberry Cheesecake?” She thought. She gave him her specialty eye smile in response to the heartwarming thought of him being so gentleman-like.

 

Their ice cream arrived in no time. Ga-in , despite being a shikshin (food lover), forced herself to eat in a ladylike manner. Small bites in between a minute intervals which was overdone because Kwill noticed she was eating too slowly; her ice cream already melted but she wasn’t even halfway done with her ice cream.

 

“You don’t like Strawberry Cheesecake?” He asked.

 

” I like it a lot. It’s just that I’m a little full.” She reassured him.

 

“What’s your profession?” He started asking.

 

“I’m working at Daesung Enterprise as an accountant.”

 

“University?”

 

“Kyung Hee University.”

 

“How do you know Changmin hyung then?”

 

“We knew each other in the orphanage.”

 

Kwill felt guilty for reminding her of her past. He never knew Changmin was an orphan along with Ga-in in the same orphanage. ”Mianhae (sorry). I didn’t mean to…”

 

“It’s okay. I don’t even remember how I got there or lose my parents so I don’t feel as sad like you thought I’ll be.” She smiled. It’s true. It wasn’t because she wanted to make him feel better but she couldn’t remember how it felt to lose her parents.

 

After a long chatting session, they became closer (what Ga-in thinks) and as for Kwill, he knew more and more how Ga-in lived her life after she left him.

 

After a while…

 

They finally finished eating. It’s 12am. Kwill offered to walk her home since it’s already very late and he can’t leave without feeling uncomfortable with letting a lady walk back home herself at such an hour. She, of course, gladly accepted. They left the shop and headed for her apartment which were blocks away.

 

While walking home, Ga-in can’t help but to blush. This was exactly like a scene from those dramas when the male lead would walk his girlfriend home. Kwill walked her to the gate when they reached the street she lives in. “I won’t walk you in.” He said as he looked at the security guard’s office. She was disappointed on the inside. (Byuntae thoughts…) She can’t possibly say no. Not that he didn’t want to but he was an idol after all. Entering an apartment with a woman would be scandalous for a celebrity. She can’t possibly cause him any trouble and didn’t want to be the subject of torture by his sasaeng fans.

 

“It’s okay. Annyeong!” She waved goodbye. Kwill walked away as she looked at him leave dreamily. “Even his walking is so… so stylish…”

 

Just then, a voice broke out of nowhere. “So how’s your ‘date’ ?”

 

She turned around. It’s Jokwon.

 

She’s back to the chic Ga-in resurfaced again. “Why are you here? Miss me?”

 

“Nope. Just happened to see you with your ‘husband’.” He said nonchalantly.

 

“So you are that byuntae behind me at the park?!” She yelled.

 

“I’m not a byuntae. And not just at the park. I followed you throughout your ‘date’. Since I was curious about your ‘date’ with your idol.”

 

“Just admit it. You like me and you’re jealous so you followed me from the party,” She thought.

 

“Well, you saw it for yourself and I’m sure he seemed like a nice gentleman to you,” She said with pride.

 

“If that’s what you like to think, it is.” He told her.

 

“You’re still not convinced…”

 

“Get in! You need sleep! Look at those bags under your eyes. Workaholics like you…” He then pushed her to the gates.

 

At home…

 

She started questioning herself. She wondered how he knew she liked Strawberry Cheesecake and why would a celebrity like him ask a fan out.

 

“Changmin probably told him what I liked… No wonder he asked to meet me at that park.” She thought. However, she still didn’t understand why he asked her out given his status as a celebrity.

 

What she did not know was that Kwill already knew her from long ago.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Hello!

 

1) Can’t imagine Ga-in calling anyone “Oppa”.

 

2) Firstly, I’m not sure if there’s Ben and Jerry shops in Seoul. I chose it because I love Ben and Jerry’s. Secondly, I don’t think there are waiters in Ben and Jerry’s. Lastly, Strawberry cheesecake probably isn’t Ga-in’s favourite flavour. Since I don’t know what she likes, I chose Strawberry cheesecake as I like it. :b

 

3) Sorry for not updating for a week. I take a long time to write because I don’t plan what I’m writing. It’s impromptu writing. Whenever I’m stuck in a paragraph, I’ll take a long time to think of something to write.

 

Thanks for reading! :) Please comment ^^