Press Conference

Forget Me Not

Later that day...

 

"That's good!" The CEO said. "Now the only thing left to do is to call the reporters up for a press conference."

 

Just then, Kwill rushed into the office. He saw the swollen-eye poker-faced Ga-in sitting before his sajang-nim. "Gain-ah... what happened?" He asked, concerned, as he walked towards her.

 

"She agreed to the marriage," bellowed the heartless CEO who did not feel any pity for her in a situation like this.

 

Kwill didn't know what to do. He knew she will be upset if she had to be forced to marry him but for the sake of her career, he didn't persuade her not to accept the marriage offer. It wasn't just for himself. It was more for her, the girl he cared for the most in his life.

 

"When will Ga-in get out of this?" Kwill asked, hoping for answer which might please her.

 

"When this dies down, we will wait for another year to avoid suspicion before returning your freedom. Now are you pleased, Miss Son?" he said sarcastically, obviously annoyed.

 

Kwill turned to look at Ga-in but didn't expect to still see her stoic face.

 

...

 

The next afternoon...

 

Reporters from all news agency made their way to the conference venue, all eager to see what Kwill and his agency have got to say and awaiting the scoop they will be able to make a field day out of. The earlier ones quickly took  the front row seats while the cameramen were setting up their equipment before the event started.

 

As time passes, the conference hall is packed with reporters. The hall was still calm with reporters discussing among themselves on questions to throw at the singer until the protagonist made his entrance. However, what caused most of the noise was the appearance of the female lead whom all the reporters recognised from the photographs circulated online.

 

Ga-in was taken aback by the huge number of reporters in front of her and the non-stop flashing of camera lights made her felt even more tensed. Kwill noticed Ga-in stopping in her track and held her hand to guide her to her seat. Both of them along with the agency's representative took their seats.

 

Without any cue, questions are immediately thrown at them.

 

"Can you introduce yourself? Who are you to Kwill?" One reporter asked Ga-in.

 

Before Ga-in could answer, Kwill spoke up on her behalf. "She's Son Ga-in. 26 years old. She's my fiance. We are holding this press conference to clarify what had happened in Singapore and also to announce our marriage to the public." He explained confidently.

 

Reporters are surprised but that did not stop them from throwing even more questions at them.

 

"Is this true? Is this a shotgun marriage only to stop the rumours?"

"How did you meet her?"

"Why did you hide your engagement from the public?"

 

"It isn't. We aren't actually engaged yet but Ga-in had already accepted my proposal this February. We are midway through the preparation for the wedding and will sign the engagement papers on the wedding day itself. We initially wanted to only announce this news after my concert tour is completed so that we can focus on the concert fully. But now we have no choice but to share with the public to avoid misunderstandings." The CEO from aside was glad that Kwill managed to explain convincingly.

 

"Did someone just ask how we met?" Kwill said jokingly to disperse the air of suspicion. "Ga-in used to be my fan. Her friend is also my close friend and brought her to see me about two years ago. After that, we became friends and then after some time, my girlfriend."

 

The CEO then noticed that she looked glum while Kwill was sharing their 'happy memories'. Smile!!! He tried to signal to her with hand gestures. Ga-in tried to force out a smile but it looked really obvious it wasn't a sincere one.

 

"Why does Gain-ssi look upset?" Another reporter asked, noticing her sudden forced smile.

 

"Ah... She's camera-shy and that's actually another reason why she didn't want to make our relationship known until just before the wedding." The quick witted Kwill replied.

 

...

 

Kwon was watching the entire press conference while at work during his lunch break in the pantry. The sight of a doleful-looking Ga-in tore him apart. The gnawing guilt was growing on him but nonetheless, he wasn't regretful of what he had done. It's just for the time being... She'll be back to me again...  He reminded himself.

 

He then felt a touch on his left shoulder. It was Lizzy who looked genuinely concerned for him. She learned of the scandal over the weekend and called Kwon but he just wouldn't answer his call. She immediately looked for him as soon as it was convenient for them to talk alone.

 

"Oppa... are you okay?" She asked as she took her seat beside Kwon. He didn't answer. She heart sank when she saw his woebegone look and at the same time, feeling indignant for him. "If Ga-in unnie wasn't drunk, none of this would have happened." She thought to herself.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Short update!

 

Would like to make it clear to readers that Kwon's not as upset because he felt he could explain to Ga-in once she ends the contract marriage and they would get back together... He's not giving her up. He cannot relate to Ga-in's feelings and it was naive of him to think that he can take back all the hurtful things he said even if it was a lie. It will be soon that he realises turning back may be difficult and regrets. Ga-in's depressed not because of the forced marriage but Kwon's hurtful white lies which she believes is the truth.

 

SPOILER:

Lizzy's plan...

 

Comments please^^ And I know all of you certainly didn't like this:D