Set Up

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

 

Jung Hye POV

“Look, Jonghyun! We don’t have all day!” I kicked Jonghyun’s mattress again which was on the floor and his short limbs and blankets were awkwardly splayed out. Like the usual.

In response, Jonghyun pulled his pillow from under his head to over, as if he was blocking out his ears.

I grabbed it from his loose grip and hung it over him. He groaned and made weak attempts to grab it away from me, but I just took it away from his reach.

Short arms.

“Get up, Jonghyun.”

He turned his bedhead to look at him and squinted, as if I was something shiny and glimmering that he couldn’t see properly. Quickly, he put his head down again and snuggled tighter into his Power Rangers blanket.

“The dance is tonight! And you don’t even have anything to wear.” I said again, and I pulled off his blankets, at the same time revealing his Power Rangers boxers, which I did not need or want to see so I took my eyes away.

“Msjhfueidjvdf who cares, I’m not going.” He groaned groggily.

“Yes you are. You bought tickets already - you’re coming with me to buy a tuxedo.” I said, resolutely. He was coming with me and I would make sure of it.

“Njhfudhgkgjjjjjjjjjfdjgkfgfd nooooooooooooooo...” Jonghyun tossed on his stomach and covered his ears.

“Yes you are. Or I’m calling Key.”

Jonghyun instantly tensed at the mention of Key’s name, before he grabbed the top corner of his mattress as if he was clawing for something, and slowly, he started pulling and dragging himself out.

“Why do I feel like I’m living with Key,” he mumbled as I victory smiled to myself.

--

 “Jung Hye, try this dress on!” Key said excitedly as he ran up and pointed to the white and aqua patterned dress on the mannequin. He looked back at me with a large grin on his face. “It’s fabulous!”

“Uhhh...” I started, looking at the dress disapprovingly. “It’s great, but... but... but I’ve already bought mine!”

Key pouted before continuing, “can’t you buy this too? God, you’ll look amazing, these colours are suited to look watery-”

I cut him off, intent on leading him away from the dress (because frankly, I wasn’t into wearing all the flashy dresses and also because Key would go on and on and on about the mechanics of fashion). “Key, where’s Jonghyun?”

“- and those sequins will totally give you the mermaid look, just accesorise yourself with a flower and-“ he stopped from his speech-to-be and turned his head to look around. “Oh, please-“ and at that point, he had set his eyes onto a figure who was creeping away to the ice cream shop. I giggled as Key’s nostrils huffed in frustration and he marched up to his best friend, pulling him back by the collar.

“AHH!” Jonghyun screamed (like a girl) from the shock of being pulled. Key glared.

“Don’t you dare run away.”

“Pshhh.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes in response.

“Or else.” Key threatened, and as if Jonghyun had heard or seen something that I didn’t, his back hunched in defeat and followed Key.

I laughed. I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted to their direction, “This is why I love you, Key!!!”

He smiled and walked on, still dragging Jonghyun by the collar. I remembered why we were here, and walked inside the shop, which was the same one as the dress that Key suggested. “Guys, let’s go in!”

Instantly, Key and I started surfing through the racks as Jonghyun lazed and strolled around the shop. Something caught my feel – I pulled the dark grey suit out of its rack and called Key over.

“What about this?”

Key felt it all around. “It’s perfect – and it’s cheap!“

 “JONGHYUUNNNN~!!!” I called Jonghyun over, who was hanging around near the corner of the shop. What the hell was he doing?!

He was still standing there, not coming.

“JOOOOONGGGHYUNNNNN!!!!!”

No answer.

I inhaled, “STUPID DUMB JJONG!!!”

He turned around to glare at me. Yay! He finally reacted! I beckoned him over. “COME HERE! COME!”

Jonghyun arrived, holding two different ties. “Yeah?”

Key smiled in triumph, and revealed the suit he was holding. “Jonghyun. Behold.”

It took a few seconds of awkward silence before Jonghyun. “Uhhh. OK.”

“WHAT?!” Key shrieked. “What do you mean, ‘OK’? This is wonderful! It’s totally this season’s formal fashion - the dark grey is the ideal colour to look modern and sleek yet formal, seducing and-“

We both started ignoring Key’s rambling as I peered over to the ties he was holding. “Jjong, what’s that?”

“Uhhhh. Well.” He held out both the ties in front of him. “Which one looks better?”

Shock.

Never today would I have thought, that during hours of Jonghyun’s relentless lack of co-operation, he would finally contribute to his own suit.

“Heh.” I smirked. “Finally going?”

“I-“ Jonghyun started, flustered. “No. Of course no- well. Uhh. Maybe. The tickets are already. Bought. So...”

I looked towards the bright aqua coloured one, which had a layer of white net over it. “I think that one looks the best.”

While totally expecting him to argue with me and then decide the other tie was better, instead his smiled with his eyes. “Sure. Thanks -” He said. Maybe he was being a nicer person! Maybe he was finally going to say something nice!

“- can’t expect anything less from the KFC man!”

Before I could say anything to defend myself, Key stepped in, obviously having finished from talking. “Yah, Jjong! Don’t talk to my baby like that!”

Jonghyun POV

“Hey. It doesn’t even look half bad on you.” Key smirked, as he tweaked the necktie a little before patting my shoulders.

At that point, I heard the sheets of the next changing room cubicle slide, and Jung Hye’s head poked out, followed by that white and aqua patterned dress (that Key suggested) which she was wearing.

I hitched a breath.

Key was right.

She looked amazing. I was taken away – breathless, and she stared right back at me.

“Oh. My. God.” Key mumbled from the side (that third-wheeler!), inhaling and exhaling at every word. “Your outfits are even – matching! You guys are so... perfect. For each other.”

Perfect? For each other?

For Jung Hye?

At the side, I heard Key mumble something about going to the toilet.

Which totally ruined the mood.

Jung Hye turned and took the tie out of my blazer. “Hey!” I protested immediately. “What are you doing?”

She laughed. “Just looking at my stylish pick!” In my peripheral vision, I could see Key talking to the cashier. What was he doing? Probably asking where the damn toilet was, I thought as I knocked the suspicions away.

“Nuh, I was the one who picked that out!”

She put my tie back in, as the shopkeeper came up and approached us.

 “The sir – your friend – has paid for your clothing already.”

I widened my eyes. “WHAT?!” Jung Hye and I cried in unison.

“He told to pass on the message.” The shopkeeper continued. She held out a piece of paper and I took it from her hands. “Thank you for shopping and have a nice day!”

“You too?” I replied, as she turned around to leave. I quickly opened the piece of folded paper, to see Key’s neat writing printed onto it.

Yeah guys. I’ve also taken your clothes from your
changerooms so you can’t change back into it.
This means you have to go around the whole
shopping centre for the rest of today wearing it!

YAY!

What do you mean go around the whole shopping
centre, you ask? Because the suit is already bought?
So that means the job is already done? Well, what’s
a prom without makeup, hair, accessories and shoes.

You guys, are going on a mission.

There’s still plenty of time, until the prom, and
plenty more time to prepare. Go to Hibiscus Shoes
on Level 3. Don’t buy anything – just go straight to
Shin Hee there. She’s a staff.

See you guys tonight.

Key.


 

 

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you all for reading and sticking with us! We really really appreciate all the support! ^^