Questions

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Taemin’s POV

“Um..hi!” I greet Jae Ri uncertainly as she comes out of the office chatting with guy who I recognised as also being in the student council.

“Oh hey!” She glances up from her conversation in surprise, “Taemin, right?” smiling, she raises a hand and waves before turning back to the guy next to her, “Soo Hyun, this is Taemin, he’s the one who came up with this year’s theme, pretty cool huh?”

The guy who I have now identified as Soo Hyun eyes me before smirking, “Really Jae Ri? Really? I never knew your taste was-“

Huh? What was he talking about? But before he was able to finish his sentence, Jae Ri had grabbed onto Soo Hyun, “AHAHAHA! OH YOU ARE SO FUNNY SOO HYUN! Oh he’s a funny one!!” she gave me a tight smile as she spun him around so he was facing the opposite direction and patted his back, “off you go now!! I’ll catch up with you later!”

“Alright, alright, I’ll give you some alone-‘

“BYE! Enjoy your lunch!

—while you still can, you stupid—“ she mutters under her breath as she turns around to face me again. “So, what’s up?”

Ignoring the scene that had just occurred, I smile back, “Oh I’m just here to collect my tickets?”

“Oh! Right, of course! Er…” She frowns, patting her skirt pockets, “I think I left them somewhere…let just go and check!” turning around, she walks back into the office and I follow behind.

 “Ahh, sorry making you wait! I’m so forgetful!” She smiles ruefully as she begins searching the office.

I nod and stand there awkwardly as I decide against helping her, I mean not like I would even be able to find it, right? I would probably just get in her way.

“So, err… umm… wait, I-I’ll get them i-in a sec…” She fumbles through all the draws of her desk and at the blink of an eye, she is holding an envelope which has my name neatly printed on the front.

Jae Ri hands the envelope to me as she starts to pay her attention to a notebook that was not previously there. “Umm. Here it is.” She says snappily and shortly.

“Oh. Okay. Uhhh-“ Maybe it was time for me to leave right now. I mean, not like I was hoping I could have a better look around the student council office. I had never been here, plus it had this nice and funny smell. Like Chinese incense. Didn’t know where the smell came from.

I took the envelope and shot her my generic Taemin smile, (in which she wasn’t looking at me at all) and mumbled a short, “Thanks!” and prepared to leave the room. Before I did, I heard a shuffling of papers along with Jae Ri’s voice.

“So who’s the lucky girl?”

“Uhhh…” I replied rather awkwardly as Jung Hye’s face appeared in my mind. “Well, uhhh…”

“Maybe you’re not bringing a girl! Sorry, oh silly me, that was weird to ask!”

I chuckled a bit. “Haha… no! I’m asking…a friend.” I looked towards Jae Ri, who instantly broke off eye contact with me and looked somewhere else.

“Oh,” she said.

“She’s… really cute. And funny. And nice. And comfortable to be around. And-“

“Okay. Sounds great.” She interrupted, eyes still focused on her notebook.

“Oh. Okay. I’ll leave now, bye!”

I hope Jae Ri didn’t hate me or find me annoying. Well, why would she hate me for? She was in my class, but I barely ever talked to her. But then again, she wasn’t as friendly as she always was in class.

Oh well, I shrugged and I looked back at the envelope. I opened it, and I saw two yellow tickets, nicely printed and both identical to each other.

I smiled. Usually I found dances boring but, maybe this time…it will be different.

Jung Hye’s POV

Oh crap, crap, crap. I hurriedly raced around the room as I shoved my phone, wallet, keys and other necessities into my bag whilst pulling on a pair of black jeans. Why, why do I always end up being late?

Taemin had called me earlier and asked me to have dinner with him at some restaurant which he apparently really liked. Why? Absolutely no idea. When I had asked, he had simply replied with, “No reason!” Which is absolutely rubbish because why in the world would he want to treat me to dinner unless he wanted something from me?

“Jonghyun!! I am going out for dinner!” I call out as I quickly rush out of my room and slip on some flats.

“With who?” Jonghyun suddenly appears besides me.

“Taemin.” I tug open my bag and scan my eyes over the contents, doing a mental check on everything I need.

“Taemin?” He repeats.

I glance up, “Yes Taemin! I’m sure you’ve met him! The adorably cute one with fluffy blonde hair!”

“Of course I know him! I hang out with him for Pete’s sake, but-“

“Sorry, can’t talk, I’m already late! Bye!” Pulling the strap back over my shoulder, I open the front door and run out before Jonghyun could finish his sentence.

Jonghyun’s POV

“-but I already cooked dinner…” I mumble lamely as I watch Jung Hye’s retreating back.

Dinner with Taemin? Adorably cute Taemin? Fluffy Taemin??

I thought Jung Hye was just his friend! Friends don’t have dinner together alone! Why are they having dinner together. Oh my gosh, are they dating? Wait that makes sense, didn’t Onew mention going on a date with Yoo Mi and bumping into Jung Hye and Taemin? TOGETHER!?

Great! So Jung Hye and Taemin are dating and did anyone bother to tell me? Nope! to be me! Kim Jonghyun: The forever unupdated person!

Taemin’s POV

My temple down to the tip of my fingers were dripping with sweat.

You know that feeling when you’re so nervous that you get an urge to pop bubblewrap?

Yeah. That feeling. I faced towards the empty space which Jung Hye was supposed to fill – who was now in the toilet. Which is now the perfect time to rehearse whatever I need to ask her.

Wait.

Why do I need to rehearse? I should ask her smoothly and naturally – filled with my heart’s feelings and warmth! I don’t want to sound robotic…

But what if I screw up? Considering how gross my palms are with my sweat, and I’ll probably blink faster than the speed of light to the point that I look like I have a seizure… -

I took a deep breath in. “So, Jung Hye-“

“Yes?” her chirpy voice startled me from my thoughts, and as my heart leaped over in panic, I saw Jung Hye suddenly seated in front of me. Since when did she come?! Or have I been thinking too much by myself? Did I happen to think aloud? Did she hear my thoughts? What should I do? What can I do? Where am I? WHO AM I?!?!

“Taemin, were you going to say something or…?”

“Oh yes! I was going to say something! Right!” I cracked my knuckles, as if they could offer me some kind of support for this obstacle that needed to be overcome.

It’s okay, Lee Taemin. I can handle this suavely. As Jonghyun-hyung says – As suave as a man.

Not like I’m not. But, y’know.

Jung Hye POV

I don’t understand why Taemin has invited to a dinner while wearing something that looks like a business suit. Since when did he become so formal?! Considering that I feel a slight bit nervous in my t-shirt and jeans, okay…

“Have you got a dress for the prom yet?” He asked.

“No! Why?”

“Uhh, nothing! Just that I see lots of girls on Facebook talking about their dresses! And yeah, I haven’t seen you talking about it! But anyways, you’re going, right?”

I nodded. “Of course! This is our last high school dance before going onto college!”

“Have you got your tickets yet?”

“Uhh. No, I think I’ll buy them later.”

He smiled triumphantly. “Okay. Awesome!”

Instantly I was confused. Why was it awesome?!

“Well, I have a spare ticket. Do you- uhh, want to come with me? For prom?” Taemin asked, suddenly his eyes blinking faster than usual.

“Sure, I’ll come with you! What do you mean by the spare ticket, though?”

“I won, from the student council, remember?! Anyways, Jung Hye, do you want to come with me? Please?” He grinned from ear to ear, eyes seeming to sparkle more with every word.

“WAIT, WHAT? You’re giving me a free ticket to the prom? A TICKET WHICH COSTS 50,000 WON?!”

His angelic smile disappeared. “So you’re not coming?”

“Well… don’t you have more important people than me?”

He stuck his tongue out. “Silly, they told me I was only allowed to bring a girl! So, come with me!”

“But… but… BUT THEN I’D BE SCABBING MONEY OFF YOU!”

“Noooo! Don’t worry, it’s completely fine!”

I paused a bit. “Are you sure?”

He nodded enthusiastically.

“YAY! THANKS TAEMIN!” I said happily as I glomped him into a huge bear hug. He’s such a nice friend! 


 

A/N- We are so, so, so sorry about the lack of updates. Seriously, we feel so bad ): And we promise there will be no more of getting you guys to help like posts anymore TT Once again, sorry! But thank you to all those who have stuck by us, we hope (no promises though) that updates will be more frequent now! Once again, sorry! 

However, we have decided to start writing our chapters so that instead of writing a bit and then sending it to the other author, we will now be writing one whole chapter each. Hopefully this will speed up the process of writing chapters which would result in more updates ^^

On another note, THE K-POP FEST IN SYDNEY IS IN ONE MORE WEEK!! We are both going VIP :D Hope to see some of you there!