Who Are You?

Perfect Place

[::Bom unconscious::]
"Hello?" Bom's voice echoed through the empty city.

Where am I?

She ran through the familiar streets upon finding a strangely familiar shack whose door was ajar. Light poured from the door tempting her forward. But she felt someone grab her hand as she turned. It was the blond person who saved her.

He smiled a sweet smile and shyly asked, 'Who are you?'

He just smiled and brought her away passing two people; a guy and a girl who both looked as she went. Up ahead she saw a car coming, it's lights right in her face...


Bom's eyes shot wide open as her heart raced. She found herself in the hospital without knowing how. There at the door entered her mom and two other people who she didn't know at all. The girl rushed up to hug her.

"Bommie! I was so worried are you okay?" The girl asked with a worried looked. Then the boy pressed on.
"Yah, Bommie why'd you do something so clumsily!" His eyes filled with worry.

She didn't answer. Only stared at them in confusion and fear. She looked towards her mom.

"Umma." She called and Parkmama came forward.

Parkmama held her tight and released her hand through her hair.

"Yes Bom?" Parkmama's look turn from relief to worry. "What's wrong?"

Bom saw everyone's expression and looked towards her mom. Then without hesitation she looked back smiling at the girl and guy.

"Hi~" Bom greeted.

They both looked at each other awkwardly.

"Bommie what do you mean hi!?" Jonghyun looked at her angrily.

Seungyeon looked heartbroken.

"My name is Park "Jenny" Bom. It's nice to meet you." She smiled. "And I believe you're my mother's friend's kids no?" She tilted her head as everyone's faces twisted in hurt.
"Yah, enough with that act like you lost your memory. Nice try..but I'm not buying it" Jonghyun snorted angrily.

Bom gulped.

I really don't know who he is.

She stayed silent.

"Why don't you say anything, embarrassed that your acting was a failure?" Jonghyun continued mischieviously.
"Jonghyun.. what if she really..doesn't remember us." Seungyeon said quietly to him then sat on the bed beside Bom.
"Bom. It's me Seungyeon.. and here Jonghyun." she said and pointed at Jonghyun. "You remember us, don't you?"

Bom looked clueless and smiled faintly.

"We.. the three of us, we have been friends since we were little babies.. always." Seungyeon looked into Bom's eyes hopefully.
"Sorry." Bom replied.

Jonghyun sulked down to his knees as water began to dampen his eyes. "It's all my fault. It's all my fault. If I didn't make her mad and... Sorry I... I... I don't belong here!!!"

Jonghyun got off the floor and ran out to his car.

In his car he tightly gripped on the steering wheel and let the tears he was holding back fall.

Mianhe Bommie. Mianhe Bommie.

-

Seungyeon looked at Bom who seemed to be uncomfortable that Seungyeon was still there.

Parkmama turned to Seungyeon and gently touched her hand. "Seungyeon dear, maybe it's better to leave Bom alone for now. I will stay here with her, so don't worry."

Seungyeon nodded and took a final look at Bom who smiled at her, but the smile wasn't the same as it had been. Bom was just smiling out of politeness.

Seungyeon slowly walked out of the door and kneeled down outside the door. She stared at the wall in front of her.

Bom doesn't remember us.

Suddenly she felt her phone vibrating. She picked it up without saying anything.

Eli: "Seungyeon where are you? There's something that happened...this is a bit embarrassing to say.... Eunjung.. she threw me out of the house. That house belongs to her... so now you and I we don't have a place to stay. Im sorry about this. I have all your stuff with me.. Seungyeon you have some money with you right... i'm sort of broke.. we need to sleep somewhere.. Where are you, we have to meet?"

"I'll call you later." Seungyeon answered him emotionlessly and hung up the phone.

She got up and walked out of the hospital. She looked around at the night view of the city. Her tears blurred the view and she started running along the streets crying endlessly. She ran past Jonghyun's car, past the hospital.

She just kept on running aimlessly until she ran out of breath and had to stop. She sat down on the stairs in front of a night club.

It soon began raining hard, Seungyeon sat still. She wanted her tears to be hidden by the rain.

"Miss.. please come inside for awhile. It's raining." A man from the night club came to her.
Seungyeon didn't answer.
"Aish whatever, do as you please." He said after asking her several times and went back inside.

Hours passed and Seungyeon still sat there soaking wet. Her eyes were numb from crying. She just stared in front of her, shivering from cold. The rain had already stopped.

Bom and Jonghyun were the only reason I came back.. and now.. Bom..

She got a phone call from Eli again, she picked up again without saying a thing.

"Yah.. Seungyeon come here now. I've been waiting for you for hours with all this stuff, I don't know where to go." Eli whined on the phone.
"Eli.. I will call you tomorrow. Don't you have friends, go sleep with them tonight.. i will call you tomorrow." Seungyeon answered him.
"What? Tell me at least where you are now... but Seungyeon are you okay.. your voice sounds a little strange?" Eli asked worried.
"I'm fine." Seungyeon said and hang up.

"Miss.. you are still here? I told you to come inside didn't I, now look at you." The same man from the club came to Seungyeon shaking his head.

Seungyeon ignored him and got up. Slowly she started walking away shivering from cold. She ignored all the calls she got and kept on wandering around the city.

At least Bom is alive.. she is alive. But will it ever be the same again?