Dinner with Parkmama

Perfect Place

"Umma?" Bom called. "Umma, I'm home! I've brought guests along too!"

A pretty ahjumma popped her head out of the kitchen.

"Guests?" She emphasized the 's' in guests.
"Yes guests, mom. Jonghyun and Seungyeon." Bom replied
"Seungyeon? As in Han Seungyeon?" Her voice trembled.
"I think so, but I'm not too sure myself, umma." Bom turned as the door opened. "Where's appa?"
"He's been working later and later these days. Heaven knows, especially with his heart."

Her mom walked out to greet Jonghyun and Seungyeon who just appeared at the stairtop. Bom looked after her, His heart huh? She smiled and went to sit on the table.

"Welcome, welcome. I'm Parkmama, just call me that. Cause if you start calling me ahjumma heaven knows where you're going to be." She chuckled.

Bom walked over to them and escorted them to the table.

"What's for dinner mama?" Jonghyun called after Parkmama.
"Spagetti!" She answered back.

Bom smiled.

"See now I paid the end of my deal." Bom nudged Jonghyun's shoulder.

Seungyeon sat and smiled. They started talking stories and sharing this moment together.

"Thank you so much Parkmama. The spaghetti was so good." Seungyeon thanked Bom's mother after eating.

"Oh, I'm glad to hear that. We have more if you want to." Mama smiled to Seungyeon.
"It's okay I’m full." Seungyeon said holding her stomach but Parkmama had already taken Seungyeon's plate and filled it with a new portion of spaghetti.

"Just eat okay. You are so skinny." she smiled while Seungyeon stared at the huge amount of spaghetti in front of her.

How can I eat all that? I think my tummy is going to explode!

"Jonghyun here for you too!" Parkmama said and put more spaghetti on Jonghyun's plate also.

Jonghyun smiled and started eating.

Seungyeon took a deep breath and slowly started eating also. Parkmama was satisfied to see her guests eating her food.

Seungyeon finished the second plate and let out a sigh of relief.

"Take a little bit more." Parkmama said and put even more spaghetti on Seungyeon's plate.

Seungyeon stared it in horror.

I think I'm going to die!

When Seungyeon had finished the plate. Parkmama tapped her shoulder and chuckled when she saw Seungyeon's suffering expression.

"Aigoo, you don't have to eat it all if it's that hard." Parkmama laughed.
Seungyeon looked at her thankfully and let out a small sigh. "I'm really sorry but I don't think I can eat all that."
"It's okay, most of the guests that come here can never even eat that much. Mama just likes to test people like that." Bom laughed.
"Eh? Oh.." Seungyeon took deep breaths and held her stomach.

The others just laughed.

"Here take some water." Jonghyun said and poured some water on Seungyeon's glass.

Parkmama turned to Seungyeon, she couldn't hold back her curiosity and asked.

"What is your whole name Seungyeon?"
Seungyeon smiled at her. "Han Seung Yeon."

The room became silent. Everyone was staring at Seungyeon.

Her name is Han Seungyeon!

Seungyeon felt awkward at the sudden silence and asked. "Why, is something wrong?"
"No nothing's wrong." Bom replied.

Jonghyun and Parkmama still stared at her.

"Well welcome back to Korea dear..." Parkmama started to go into the kitchen again but turned back. "And Bommie dear could you help me with all these dishes?"
"Ye-?" Bom noticed Jonghyun going up into the kitchen; he turned his head back towards Bom and Seungyeon.
"I'll help her, you have something for her don't you?" He turned back into the kitchen. "Mama what can I do to help?"

Parkmama smiled and gave her thanks.

Bom noticed Seungyeon's confused face. "Come, let's go into my room real quick. I do have something to give you."

Both of them stood up and Bom led Seungyeon downstairs into her room. There was a sign on the door that read: Jenny, engraved in a star-shaped glass that was stuck on by glue. She opened the door to reveal a bed snugged on the side, a desk tucked away in the corner next to the closet door; right above the desk stood a window that looked into the closest. She smiled when she saw Seungyeon's face lit up.

"Make yourself at home." Seungyeon smiled and jumped on the bed. "Wow, I've missed Korea haven't I?" Seungyeon said smiling.

Bom laughed.

"Hold a sec, I have to go get it. I'll be right back." Bom went out through another door that seem to extend to another room.