Keeping Promises

Perfect Place

Jonghyun got out of the car and walked to a tombstone on the ground. He knelt down on the ground, placed the flowers on the grave and closed his eyes. Tears slowly slid down his face.

Jaejoong and Seungyeon stayed standing in the back.

"Don't bother him right now. He needs to spend some time alone with his parents." Jaejoong looked at Jonghyun.

"I think it was only a few years after you left that they passed away. They went to the market to get some food for Jonghyun, who was sick. They got into a crash on the way back. Jonghyun was mentally unstable after they passed away. He nearly killed himself several times. Bom and I were finally able to get him mentally stabilized only a few years ago." Jaejoong looked at Seungyeon. "Jonghyun may look like a tough guy and act like a player sometimes, but he's really sensitive and weak. With all the recent events like Bom losing her memory, don't leave Jonghyun behind alone. He hates being alone."

Jaejoong tapped Seungyeon's shoulder than walked to Jonghyun and knelt beside him and prayed.
Seungyeon also knelt down beside the guys to pray. She glanced at Jonghyun who had tears in his eyes.

It must have been hard for Jonghyun all these years. Jonghyun was always so close to his dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

flashback*12 years ago*

"Appa, appa!!! Save me, Bommie and Seunggie are coming!!" Jonghyun yelled as he ran to his father. Bom and Seungyeon were running after him with some jumping rope on their hands.

"Appa, they are going to kidnap me, they want to dress me as a girl, I don't want to.. save me!" Jonghyun whined and hid behind his father.

His dad laughed and tapped his head gently then knelt in front of Seungyeon and Bom. "Guess what girls.. this old man is going to throw you both all the way to the moon if you kidnap my son."

"You aren't." Seungyeon giggled.
Jonghyuns dad then grabbed Seungyeon and lifted her high up. "Shooooong!! Seungyeon flies to the moon!!" He yelled making Seungyeon yell and giggle.
"I want to fly to the moon too!!" Bom said as he let Seungyeon down.

*end of flashback*


~~~~~~~~~~

When they finished visiting the cemetery Jaejoong drove them back home.

"Seungyeon, I gotta work tonight. Watch Jonghyun for me." Jaejoong looked into the rear view mirror.
"Araso." Seungyeon said then looked at Jonghyun, who had fallen asleep on Seungyeon's shoulder. Poor Jonghyun. Seungyeon lightly ran her hand through Jonghyun's hair.

~~~~~~~~~~

After dropping Seungyeon and Jonghyun off at home Jaejoong drove to work. Jonghyun sat on the couch, while Seungyeon searched the house for Eli.

"Yoboseyo, Eli." Seungyeon called Eli's cell. "Where are you?"
"I'm at my friend Kevin's house. He offered me a spare room, so I'm going to move in here until we can find out our place. You can stay at Jonghyun's." Eli answered.
"What? But??" Seungyeon replied.
"Sorry I can't hear you there's too much noise. I'll see you tomorrow." Eli cut the phone.
"Ugh. The dummy." Seungyeon hung up and walked into the darkened living room.

"Jonghyun?" Seungyeon called Jonghyun.
"You know, I miss them. They shouldn't have died. When they did they should have took me with them." Jonghyun stared at the picture frame.

Seungyeon sat beside Jonghyun. Jonghyun.

"Why does everyone want to leave me? You left, they left, now Bom's leaving. I thought you came back, and now you're leaving again. No one cares to remember me." Jonghyun continued to stare at the picture.

Seungyeon slowly, instinctively put her hand around Jonghyun's neck. She turned him around and hugged Jonghyun tightly as Jonghyun buried his face in Seungyeon's shoulder and brought her closer to himself. Jonghyun slowly lifted his head from her shoulder as Seungyeon stared into his eyes. Slowly their lips touched each others.

They slowly parted. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-" Seungyeon panicked.
"Don't be." Jonghyun pulled Seungyeon in for another kiss as Seungyeon relaxed.

"Jonghyun," Seungyeon mumbled through the kiss. "I-" Jonghyun deepened the kiss, placing his hand on her neck.

After a few minutes Jonghyun pulled away. "I really like you Seungyeon. When we were kids and even now. Please don't leave. You can-"
Seungyeon kissed his lips. "Shhh. I think I like you too."

Jonghyun smiled, lightly kissed Seungyeon's lips, then hugged her tightly. "Thank you."
"Jonghyun.. I'm sorry about the way I acted. I guess I was just so disappointed to find out you were a player.. I'm not going to leave you alone." Seungyeon said and took a deep breath trying to calm herself as her heart was still pounding fast from what had just happened.

"It's okay. And me being a player and Jessica and all.. I.." Jonghyun started but Seungyeon put her finger on her lips.
"Let's not talk about that today okay.." Seungyeon said and walked to her bags and started unpacking her stuff.

Oh the promise, I should ask him about it now. she walked back to the living room where Jonghyun was still sitting and sat beside him.

"There is something I really want to know.. what is the thing I promised to you? I feel horrible that I can't remember and it seems to be something really important to you.." Seungyeon asked as she looked at Jonghyun straight into his eyes.

Jonghyun smiled slightly. "The promise.. well you just did what you promised me a moment ago."
Seungyeon looked at him confused.
"What do you mean?"
Jonghyun kissed her lips. "And you kept it again just now."

Seungyeon's eyes widened. "You mean kiss?"

Jonghyun nodded. "Except the kiss was supposed to be on the cheek." Jonghyun smiled. "But it's okay, the lips was even better." Seungyeon lightly slapped Jonghyun as she blushed. "But I'm happy you didn't remember and kissed me out of own will. It made me feel more loved than if you kissed me because you remembered."