New Friends or Old Friends?

Perfect Place

Though Bom was happy, Jonghyun didn't look like it. So she dragged him towards the table.

"Seungyeon-sshi?" Seungyeon looked up. Bom started again. "You wanna come out with us tonight? I already asked Eli, he said it was fine."

Jonghyun didn't look at her once. What's up with Jonghyun? Bom smiled.

Seungyeon turned to look at Eli but he already had walked out of the door when Bom and Jonghyun appeared.

He just abandons me like this huh? What just happened back there?

"I.. I guess.. I could come with you then. Eli left me here alone anyway.." Seungyeon answered as she watched how Eli drove away through the cafe window.

Seungyeon glanced at both Bom and Jonghyun.

Bom... Jonghyun. Those names are the same.. they look familiar... and that ring. What if it's them? Oh.. I could be wrong. I should stick with them tonight and find out.. If that guy wants me to hang out with them anyway..

She looked at Jonghyun's gloomy expression.

"Okay, just wait for us here for a second." Bom smiled and dragged Jonghyun back to the kitchen.

"Be nice. I know you haven't done that to anyone but me and my family since 12 years ago but try okay." Bom said as she took off her uniform.
"Fine, whatever." Jonghyun said taking off his.

"Let's go." Jonghyun said to Seungyeon and Bom as he walked past them.
Seungyeon frowned.
"Don't worry he's nice once he warms up to you." Bom smiled and led Seungyeon to the car.

As Jonghyun drove around the city and Bom was trying to contact Eli, Seungyeon stared at the building that looked different from 12 years ago.

"Jonghyun, Eli's not answering so we might have to take her to dinner at my house. Seungyeon want to eat at my house for dinner?" Bom asked.
"Ummm sure. I feel like I'm bothering you though." Seungyeon said politely.
"No you're not. My mom likes guests coming over to eat her food." Bom said to Seungyeon then turned to Jonghyun. "So to your house to pick up mom's pots then to my house for dinner."

Jonghyun sighed as he drove around.

"So Seungyeon what do you like about Korea?" Bom asked trying to start a conversation since the ride to Jonghyun's house was about an hour away.

"I really like it. Eli showed me many nice places today. It feels a little different though than before." Seungyeon said as she stared outside.

"Oh so you lived in Korea before?" Bom asked.
Seungyeon nodded. "I left Korea.. was it 12 years ago, because of my father's work. We lived all over South America and I liked it there but I still missed Korea and now I finally decided to return here. I have good memories from here when I was little."

Bom looked at her. She left 12 years ago.. that is just like..

Seungyeon turned to Bom. " You two seem close, have you been friends for a long time. Or are you dating?"

"What? Me and Jonghyun dating? No no no.. we have just been friends since we were little kids." Bom answered.

"I see. I used to have close friends here before I left. You two remind me of them somehow." Seungyeon said and glanced at Jonghyun who was driving in silence.

"Really? Seungyeon you remind..." Bom started but Jonghyun coughed signaling her to stop talking. You remind me of our long lost friend.. Seungyeon.

"I remind you of what?" Seungyeon asked.
"Oh nothing.. forget about it." Bom said and looked out of the window.

Time passed by quickly as they started talking about other things. Soon they arrived to Jonghyun's house.

"Coming in or staying in the car?" Jonghyun asked as he stepped out of the car.
"Hmm stuffy car or messy room?" Bom questioned back opening her door.
"Fine but don't touch anything." Jonghyun said opening Seungyeon's door.

Seungyeon looked at Bom getting out of the car then got out of the car as well. Jonghyun shut the door and walked towards his front door, the two girls followed him.

This house looks familiar. Seungyeon thought looking at the exterior of the house.

"Shall I give you a tour?" Bom asked as Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Come on."

Bom showed Seungyeon around Jonghyun's house as Jonghyun went to get the pots. The house was big and fairly clean with only the kitchen area a mess. The girls went everywhere in the house except for Jonghyun's room.

The inside also looks familiar. It looks like Jonghyun's house. Seungyeon thought again.

"Excuse me, Bom-sshi." Seungyeon asked.
"Just call me Bom. Bom-sshi makes me sound old." Bom joked.
"Bom, where's Jonghyun's parents." Seungeyeon asked.
"They... umm... past away some time ago. But don't say anything to him about it. He doesn't like talking about the past." Bom whispered into Seungyeon's ear.

"Let's go! We're already late for dinner!" Jonghyun called from the front door.
"Coming!" Bom said pulling Seungyeon to the door.

As everyone got in the car Seungyeon's mind was still on the words the Bom had just told her. Seungyeon looked a bit lost in thought so Bom thought she shouldn't bother her. Jonghyun looked a bit mad as if he had sung at the cafe at night and his voice cracked; that's when you never bother him. So instead of talking to them she the radio to [14.3 You and We]. She slightly squealed because it was playing one of her favorite songs, "Noona Neomu Yeppeo (replay)".

"Noona neomu yeppeo suh~" Bom started singing. Jonghyun started grinning and Seungyeon started to feel a little bit more comfortable with them. With the song still going, "C'mon you guys help me! I can't sing this song by myself! Jonghyun, you and Seungyeon take the chorus, actually let's all do it hurry it's coming up!!"

They all laughed and by the chorus part they were all singing.

"Noona neomu yeppeo~" Bom and Seungyeon smiled while singing their hearts out.

Jonghyun just grinned letting the girls sing the chorus.

"If you wanna be my girl...ohh~" They both looked at Jonghyun in surprise. His adlibing was perfect.

"Chika ah~" The song ended with a burst of laughter.

"Oh my, I never thought singing would be so much fun!" Bom laughed.
"Really right?" Seungyeon added. "Jonghyun-sshi you're voice is so awesome!" She looked towards Jonghyun in the driver's seat.

He looked away in embarrasment but kept smiling.

"I told you!" Bom . "Oh! We're here!" Bom pointed at a regular two story house as they started turning in the garage.

Seungyeon looked on excitedly while Bom jumped out of the car to warn her parents.

"Jonghyun! You know where to go! I'll be back!" Bom called over her shoulders while rushing into the house.