act normal.

enha uni high. [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay, Linna, just act normal like always." Linna psyched herself up as she entered her morning class.

She brought out her materials like usual and even tried going through them, but her eyes kept darting towards the door, watching for Sunghoon. Linna could feel like someone was watching her and she noticed Jeonghee  glaring at her. Linna totally forgot about her. She flashed Jeonghee a polite smile, but turned away with a roll of her eyes. Then when Sunghoon walked through those doors a few seconds laer did a relieved smile graced her lips, but after meeting eyes with a smiling Sunghoon, Linna immediately averted her gaze down to her textbook instead.

"Good morning, Yiseul."

Linna turned her head to see Sunghoon sitting beside her. At first she was confused, but after hearing Sunghoon whispering that they needed to keep up the facade since Jeonghee was watching them carefully, did realization settled in.

"Oh, right. Yeah, that's important."

She cast him with a smile.

"Good morning to you, too, Sunghoon."

She watched him for a few seconds before Sunghoon turned his attention onto her with that dimple smile of his.

"Admiring me already?"

Linna nonchalantly brushed him off.

"Not even."

Despite her crush on Sunghoon, she remained calm and collect.

"Why are we pretending to date? Can't we fake a break-up, soon? I'm sure that would be better in the end."

Even though Linna liked Sunghoon, but she didn't want to be in this type of relationship with him. It seemed too cliche and overused. The whole drama bit stuck in her head and she really wished her sister and older cousin's words didn't keep on popping into her head. The smile on Sunghoon's face dimmed, but Linna didn't catch it as she went back to looking at her materials.

"We can talk later." Sunghoon responded and left it at that.

Linna nodded with a disapproving face, wondering when 'later' would actually happen. As for Melanie, it was a similar situation.

"So you want us to fake a break-up?" Jake asked while Melanie nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I mean there was that whole love letter incident and now we have this."

Jake softly laughed, but Melanie wasn't amused.

"It's not a laughing matter, Jake. I'm serious."

"We can talk later, Chaewon."

Jake didn't pursue the topic further or even give her a clear answer with her suggestion of a fake break-up. The pair were sitting together in class to keep up with appearances incase another set of rumors started about the two and it got back to Gaeul and the others, but luckily they were in the back so no one could overhear what they were talking about. Melanie was grateful that Gaeul was in her Tuesday and Thursday class, but who knows how it'll be until then.

"We can talk later, Chaewon."

Just as she opened her about to reply, Jake signaled for her to be quiet before pointing at the professor giving a lesson with a raised eyebrow. She scoffed with a roll of her eyes, but Jake quietly laughed and resumed taking notes. Melanie silently sighed and did some the same thing, wondering when they would actually discuss their so-called relationship. Unfortunately, the talk never happened and were left to somewhat keep up false pretenses for now. Fortunately enough, hardly any rumors spread about either couples dating or being close to one another on campus.

"Whooo! Go, ladies!"

"Go, Enha University High!"

"Let's get it, Enha University High!"

"Y'all got this!"

The quartet clapped and cheered alongside the other audience as they watched Kana and team perform Catch Me If You Can. At first, the four wouldn't be able to make it due to work, having believed the competion was on a weekday and not a weekend, but Jaekyung closed the shop for today so the quartet could cheer on their friends. Jaekyung needed the break after finding another full-time job on the weekdays and the quartet were more than happy to let her have some 'me time'. As for Seoyoung, she still seemed to be with her fiancee in the Netherlands and helping him continued to work with his own business. Seoyoung mentioned that she and him may end up moving and that she would discuss with the four and her cousin about the future of Simplistic.

"I'm so glad that the others recovered and were able to perform with them today." Melanie said as Linna agreed.

"Me, too, because I don't wanna join the dance team and spend my hours practicing all that stuff."

"For reals." The other two chimed.

"I'm totally down for this to remain as a hobby and glad we don't really do that whole cover group thing anymore." Kierra commented as Serena laughed with a remark.

"Yeah, but then again we put on a show almost every Friday evening at 20 CUBE though. It's still the same thing."

"True, but we get paid to do that unlike the cover group thing."

"Yeah, true." The others agreed.

"Maybe we should look into another part-time if Seoyoung decides to close Simplistic down for good." Melanie suggested as the others nodded, agreeing before going back to cheering on the others.

"Yeah! Go Enha University High!"

They continued to cheer on their friends and schoolmates along with the other people in the crowd who were cheering for their own school and friends. Afterwards the Enha University High's female dance team placed within the top ten once more and qualified for the finals held in July. The quartet were sadden as they would be back home around that time and wouldn't be able to attend.

"Hey, maybe we could stay for the summer, yeah?" Melanie mentioned with a knowing look.

Linna hopped in on the idea.

"Oh yeah, we definitely could. Save money, too, instead of traveling."

The older two were hesitant.

"We'll talk about that before the school term's end." Serena reasoned.

"I actually wanna return home for a bit."

"Me, too." Kierra agreed.

"Although it'll be interesting to see how the summer will be like here though."

"Let's just stay. We can hang out with Haeyoon, Jangmi, and Kana." Linna persuaded, eagerly.

"Ooh, yeah, let's stay. We can definitely go to Jeju or visit the other beaches around here." Melanie suggested, excitedly.

"It'll definitely be great to check out the places for once since staying here."

Kierra felt herself wavering, but Serena was still hesitant.

"Going to Jeju for sure has always been something I wanted to do."

"Yeah, but I dunno, but we can talk and plan later once we talk with Seoyoung and Jaekyung. Now, let's go check in on the others."

"Do you know what do you want?" Kierra asked Jay while glancing over at the male.

The pair were at a cafe near the school with Kierra insisting on treating Jay. They met coincidentally and Kierra couldn't completely ignored him since he asked about her photography assignment that had been due a few days ago. Of course the pair had some incidents in the past, but that didn't mean the two couldn't casually tolerate one another in a civil manner out in public. Kierra revealed that because of him, she received a high mark on the project and as a reward was treating herself when her professor told her about her grade today. The others were doing their own thing and she came alone to have her 'me time'. It ended up being shared with Jay who offered to pay, but she insisted on treating him.

"Um, a regular bagel with cream cheese, please." Jay answered.

"Okay. Anything else?"

Jay told her what else he wanted before she relayed the message to the worker along with her own order. The worker then gave Kierra a number tent and she followed Jay to a table for two. Despite her open reservation for the guy to her sister and cousins, Kierra really didn't mind Jay all that much. Of course, Kierra wasn't gonna let him know that for sure. Once settled, Jay initiated conversation.

"Which one did Mr. Seo like?"

"Surprisingly, the couple aesthetics one."

A soft chuckle left her lips as Jay observed her.

"Mr. Seo said it reminded him of himself and his wife back then."

She glanced up at Jay, having caught his observant eyes upon her. Kierra averted her gaze behind him with a sheepish laugh.

"So, um, yeah, thanks."

"You're welcome, Yiyeon, and thanks for the treat."

"Yeah, you're very welcome."

Jay noticed the familiar bear once more as Kierra brought her backpack to her lap to search through it.

"You must really like that bear, huh?"

"Hmm?"

Kierra glanced up at Jay as he pointed to the plush keychain. Kierra's eyes followed to where Jay was pointing as her eyes landed on the white furry toy. She smiled before focusing on Jay again.

"Yeah, he's quite cute. I really like it and gives me comfort when I see him."

Jay didn't expect that kind of response from her and so was shocked. He recovered and tried to play it cool. Kierra went back to sifting through her backpack before finding what she was looking fo, her latest photography assignment. She gave it to Jay after removing unnecessary things from it, knowing that he will question her about it and she didn't want to give him any explanations for it whatsoever. Like all of her photos had some short stories that Serena came up with it to add some 'pizazz' to it. Mr. Seo did enjoy it and believed most of them to be real, too. Kierra at the time had no clue what he was talking about until she went through them and found them.

"Here you go."

"What is it?"

Jay took the small booklet before flipping through the pages.

"Oh, pictures of us."

"Yeah, something like that. It's only right if you have your own copies, too, since you helped me, but if not, then you can just throw it away, burn it, or whatever. I still have them in my laptop for future projects."

"Thanks."

A soft look graced his face as Kierra nodded.

"Welcome."

Jay put away the booklet as he tried to lightened the mood or at least ease the atmosphere around them, but that just put them back into their usual interaction.

"It's good to see you being nice."

"I'm always nice."

"Not to me."

"Because you're just asking for a punch to the face."

Jay scoffed.

"You want to punch my face?"

Kierra nodded with a smirk.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

She gave him a firm look.

"Besides, it's not like I've actually done it despite thinking about it. Although I did push you and hit you on a few ocassions."

Jay's jaws dropped before recovering a second later, still wondering why Kierra wanted to punch his face, not worrying about the other times she's been physical with him.

"Why do you wanna punch me in the face?"

Kierra opened to respond, but nothing came out as she hesitated at the last second to tell him her reason. Jay cocked a brow at the sudden silence. Place his arms folded on the table, a slow smile graced his face as he leaned closer towards Kierra.

"Why so quiet all of a sudden?"

Backing away with an aloof demeanor, Kierra turned her attention off to the side, playing cool.

"Because you might get offended if I tell you the truth and then sulk like a baby afterwards like Riki."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"There's no way that I'm just as bad as Ni-Ki about that."

Jay paused in his argument and re-directed the topic to Riki instead.

"By the way, how do you know him so well?"

"I just do."

Kierra didn't feel like explaining to Jay that she was also a foreigner living in South Korea for a few years now. She also didn't want to inform him that she knew and spoke English and conversational Japanese because he may want to converse with her in those languages, too. So, Kierra vaguely gave him an answer and hoped he would leave it at that. Just as Jay was about to probe further, another employee came to drop off their meal before leaving quickly afterwards. Jay left the topic alone upon seeing Kierra becoming excited when their order arrived.

"Okay, let's eat!"

Kierra cast him a bright smile while sorting out their order and a soft look graced his face while watching Kierra. She noticed his stare and tried to make him focus on his own meal instead of her.

"Eat." Kierra urged, breaking Jay from his trance.

"Oh, right."

Jay picked up his bagel and took a bite or two, still observing the female before him while chewing. Kierra felt his eyes on her still a

Please log in to read the full chapter