just 4 girls.

enha uni high. [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good evening, everyone!" Kierra greeted the customers of 20 CUBE before speaking again.

"Tonight, Just 4 Girls will be doing things a bit differently this time around for our segment. What will that be, Wonhee?"

"Ah, yes," Melanie responded with a smile.

"We will be taking requests from all of you for our segment as we won't be performing with any prepared songs."

She locked eyes with her sister.

"Jinri, could you explain more?"

"Oh, yes. I can."

Serena chuckled before glancing at the crowd.

"So, yes, for tonight we will be taking suggestions from all of you, but depending on the suggestions we receive, we'll decide if we can complete depending on if we know the song well enough to perform the whole thing or not or maybe just a snippet of it."

Serena looked to her left at her younger cousin.

"Seulae, please explain a little more about that."

"Okay. Got it." Linna responded with a smile.

"We can also do word associations where we'll sing a song based upon that word. Whether it relates to an artist, the song, or whatever seems to pop up in our head for it."

She motioned at the other three.

"Either myself, these three, or as a group, we will sing or maybe dance."

Linna locked eyes with her sister and Kierra wrapped it up.

"So there you have it. Does anyone have something in mind for us to perform?"

"Congratulations on another great show tonight, ladies." A colleague, Yeonjoo, congratulated the cousins while holding four envelopes.

"And of course, your pay. Yeseul wanted me to make sure y'all got it before she left earlier today."

"Thanks!"

The quartet happily took the envelopes while stuffing it into their belongings.

"Yeah, Seriously, I don't know how y'all do this every Friday." Another co-worker, Hayana, commented, joining the group in the break room.

"Like it's different from work as y'all actually have to sing and dance at times."

"It's mainly the pay." The four chimed in unison with a laugh before Melanie explained further.

"Also, it's easier to do a few songs that we've done before."

"Were y'all trainees or a cover group in middle or high school?" Yeonjoo inquired as Serena explained.

"Just a cover group. We never thought about being idols as that's too intensive for us."

"Mmhmm." Kierra agreed, speaking further.

"We just love all the songs and dances. It helped relieved stress and pass time."

"Oh, yeah, it passed time a lot for us." Linna interjected with a laugh.

"It was really fun to do."

The other two nodded in agreement.

"Make sense."

"By the way," Hayana glanced at the four, "Are y'all gonna fly back home in two weeks?"

"For what?" Melanie questioned.

"Seollal."

"Oh, right. I forgot about that." Kierra commented before shaking her head.

"No, we're not."

"Oh, why not?" Yeonjoo asked.

"We're trying to save money since we didn't go back in December, but traveling around Seollal time is very hectic."

"Oh, true." Serena agreed.

"I remember a few classmates of mine mentioning she was going somewhere two hours away, but became like five or six hours instead. I don't really know how y'all do it every Seollal and Chuseok."

"You just get used to it." The duo responded with a laugh and shrug.

"It's normal and we just never thought about it much."

"Yeah, it's pretty hectic. So, then are y'all just gonna stay around here?"

"Mmhmm." The quartet hummed.

"It'll be nice to see how Seoul will be like after others go on home for the weekend even though we won't be able to perform that weekend."

Soon there was a knock and another co-worker, Minsung, entered with the work phone in hand as his eyes landed on the quartet.

"Oh, perfect."

A relieved smile graced his face.

"I thought y'all had left by now. Anyways, there's a customer on the phone that would like to make a special request for Just 4 Girls to do some type of performance. There's another customer dining in that would like to do the same. So, um, Yeojin wanted to make sure to ask before saying 'yes' since it's the first time that this has happened."

Minsung cast them with a smile.

"So, are y'all up for doing it?"

"Alright, Jungwon," Jangmi announced for her brother's attention as she stood on the stage within the restaurant in-between Kana and Haeyoon.

"Tell me us that we're the greated for getting you the best birthday gift!"

"Yes!" Haeyoon interjected, excitedly as she motioned at her and the other two.

"This is my, Kana, and Jangmi's birthday present to you!"

Kana motioned towards and announced the quartet as the four were standing off to the side in their covered outfits, matching their group name. The owner of the restaurant allowed the trio to invite the quartet for a special performance tonight.

"It's a dance performance from The Bumblebees!"

The cousins were requested by the trio the day after the day that Minsung had came to find them. Besides the trio's request, there were only two requests that interested. Kierra, Serena, Linna, and Melanie spoke with Yeseul and Yeojin on how to go about it as the two were owners of 20 CUBE, but the decision still lied with the quartet since they still be the one performing. So, prior to Jungwon's birthday, the quartet performed at two other events for a colleague's cousin's wedding party and an elementary school busking event for one of the students. Anyways, the four casually came onto the stage while waving at the crowd. Their outfits consisted of shoes, sweat pants, hoodies, face masks, and snapbacks to overall conceal their identities. The only thing you could make out were their hands and possibly their eyes.

"1, 2," Serena began as they finished as all four, "We're The Bumblebees!"

The group chose the bumblebee name as it related to the person's songs they would be dancing too. Also, it gave them another reason to wear black and yellow clothing. As for the stage names, it was the same reason due to the association of the artist and four of his songs. Serena introduced herself first, followed by Linna, then Kierra, and ending with Melanie.

"I'm Beom Joah."

"I'm Park Byeol."

"I'm Je Yeoja."

"And I'm Eom Bam."

The four bowed while speaking.

"Please watch over us kindly."

The trio spoke one more time.

"Once again, The Bumblebees, and enjoy!"

Jangmi, Haeyoon, and Kana quicly stepped off of the stage, allowing the spotlight to shine on their friends while returning to where Jungwon and company sat. Serena, Kierra, Melanie, and Linna opted for another dance performance as they wanted to have a little more fun this time around.

"Music, cue!"

The four got into position as they rearranged the choreography of the songs to fit their team of four as they have already done these songs in the past. Know Your Name was their first performance, followed by Solo, then Me Like Yuh (K), and lastly with All I Wanna Do (K). Luckily, there weren't any disturbances like last time and the crowd cheered like at Jangmi's birthday.

"Please give a warm applause to The Bumblebees!"

Kana, Jangmi and Haeyoon clapped with the others cheering as the trio gathered on the stage once more once the quartet finished their set.

"Now, we'll have to say goo-"

Jungwon interrupted his sister.

"Wait. Can I make a request?"

The trio looked at the quartet before Melanie motioned with an arm to proceed to what the request was.

"What is the request?"

"Can I ask them to do All I Wanna do, but with me and my friends joining?"

Both Kierra and Serena replied at the same time as the patrons awaited for a response.

"No."

Before anyone else could respond with the other customers laughing at the situation, the four waved goodbyes and dashed off while laughing. Riki stared after them, curious, but didn't ponder on it as he became interested in the mentioning of cake.

"Well, there's your response." Haeyoon said as the staff took over to re-directed the attention elsewhere for their next scheduled act.

The trio returned to their table with just their brothers and their friends as their parents went home early for the weekend to prepare for Seollal.

"So, who wants cake?"

Upon hearing the cake bit, both Linna and Melanie made their way over to the table and stood in-between the trio.

"Could we have some cake to go, too, please?"

Serena and Kierra also returned upon remembering something while each carrying a grocery bag they had brought with them earlier.

"Ah, you can give this to the birthday boy and his friends, too." Kierra informed them as Serena laughed.

"I guess you can say it's also a Valentine's Day gift, too. We know y'all won't be here and hope y'all like the chocolates."

"Okay, bye!" The other two ran off while leaving the other two behind to collect on the dessert.

"I'll take this to the others as I need to use the restroom." Melanie informed Linna after receiving her slices of cake.

"Okay."

Linna casually watched her cousin walked off before focusing her attention onto the delicious looking cake. When she got her slices, too happy and in thought about it, Linna turned too quickly and ran into another body causing the cake to smear hers and the other person's clothing.

"I am so sorry." Linna immediately apologized as the other person calmly told her it was also his fault.

Linna's brows furrowed upon recognizing the voice and glanced up to see Sunghoon who had returned from the restroom himself.

"Park Sunghoon?"

She didn't realized she said his name out loud.

"Ah, yes." Sunghoon confirmed with a sweet smile.

"Do I know you?"

"Ah, no."

Linna side-step around him, nervously.

"No, I don't."

Sunghoon reached a hand out as if to stop her.

"Ah, wait a minute."

"No, no, no." Linna repeated as she evaded his hand and ran off while softly yelling a 'sorry'.

"Do you know her?"

Jay asked, coming up to his friend shortly afterwards also having used the toilet as Sunghoon chuckled sheepishly with a shake of his head.

"I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure she knows me though despite denying it."

"How about a well-deserved break, yeah?"

Melanie, Kierra, Linna, and Serena along with Riki and Kana were cleaning, organizing, prepping, and preparing Simplistic a day before Seollal. A few days ago, Seoyoung called her employees to discuss the re-opening of the cafe despite still being overseas. Jaekyung was put in charge to run the place since quitting her own job to help Seoyoung, even if though the place would resume it's limited hours of operations again. The quartet were more than thrilled to have the place up and running again as they have missed eating the rice balls and mochi waffles.

"Oh, yes!"

Both Kana and Riki jumped to their feet excitedly as they rushed towards Jaekyung to aid her with the food and other things. The two siblings stayed behind to hang out with the cousins upon learning they wouldn't be going anywhere for Seollal. Their other friends had offered for the two to spend it with them and their families, but the pair declined and choose to stay in Seoul to help their four friends with Simplistic instead.

"I'm not the greatest cook," Jaekyung began with a sheepish laugh, "But since all of you are far from home, I wanted to do something."

The group of six were thankful for her consideration, knowing she decided to stay in Seoul for the holiday instead of going back home. Still, both she and Seoyoung didn't mind as this would mean Simplistic would be up and running again, allowing others to visit the cafe during Seollal. The group's conversations were filled with lots of talks consisting of memories of their family and friends. Jaekyung even explained and informed to the six of how Seollal was traditionally celebrated and other things that have shifted over the years.

"It's a great three-day holiday to spend time with family, but the traffic is a hassle."

The others agreed as Jaekyung changed topics.

"Do you think we should do something special when we're open?"

She glanced at the others as Riki nodded, eagerly.

"Yeah, could you make bungeoppang?"

Jaekyung considered it.

"We could, but that will need some time for prep work if we do a variety of fillings."

"Then Riki can do that all on his own since he wants it." Serena rem

Please log in to read the full chapter