performances.

enha uni high. [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh my god, Kangmin, look! I passed!" Linna excitedly told him once they met up on school grounds after messaging him.

"Oh, congratulations, Yiseul."

She beamed while holding onto her paper. Kangmin chuckled at her behavior. They were in their last week of finals and Linna just got back the results of her exams today.

"What? Do you want me to give you a head pat and say 'you've done well'?"

Kangmin's hand hovered just above her head, teasingly, and she smacked it away with a look.

"No."

He chuckled as she playfully nudged him.

"Anyways, thanks a lot for your help these past couple of weeks."

"No problem. Glad to be of service."

"Yeah, too bad your time is over since Jinah will be returning once Fall semester starts."

"Ah, right."

Kangmin sighed, realizing the type of students he'll be tutoring again.

"Back to tutoring unruly peers and children."

"It shouldn't be that bad since tutoring pays well. Besides, why not try being just a private tutor? I'm sure that would work out better for you and your peace of mind."

"Oh, good idea, Yiseul. I never thought of that."

He shot her a thankful smile.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

"So, what are you gonna do for the rest of the week before summer break starts?" Kangmin asked.

"Well there's no more actual lessons after today, but me, my sister, and our cousins will be helping the dance team with their dance events in a few days." She replied while glancing over at him after putting her papers away.

"What about you?"

"I still have one more exam to take today and then I'll be going back home by the day after tomorrow."

"Oh, wow really? You're not gonna stay and watch my debut for Enha University High's dance team."

"No. Unless you're gonna pay for my train fare."

"Nah, not worth it."

"Wow. And I thought we became fast friends."

"Who said we were friends?"

"Jinah wasn't lying about your sense of humor."

Linna chuckled.

"I try. Anyways, we need to have a meal before you leave then."

"Why?"

"I mean, if you don't want free food, then I-"

"No, no. I like free food."

"That's what I thought."

Kangmin nudged her as Linna pointed in the direction to the cafeteria.

"C'mon. I'm hungry. I didn't eat this morning and Chaewon will join us, too."

The pair headed to the cafeteria unaware of Sunghoon watching their interaction upon making his way to his last class of the day.

Melanie received her results back, receiving a passing grade. A high one at that. She silently congratulated herself, feeling proud. Melanie reached for her phone to take a picture to show Jake the results, but remembered they weren't like that anymore. Honestly, if they weren't in the weird relationship they were in right now, Jake would've been the first to know. Melanie dismissed the thought and feeling while sharing her results with her sister, cousins, and friends instead. Linna responded that hers were the same and suggested the two have a meal once done.

"Hey, Chaewon." Yana called out to her.

"Hmm?"

"I forgot to give this back to Jake yesterday. Do you think you could give it back to your boyfriend for me?"

Yana held a book, The Little Prince, in her hands. Melanie hesitated as she assumed everyone would have known the two had 'broken up'. Then again, not much noise happened even when they were in a fake relationship. She didn't get these things at times.

"Oh, yeah, sure, Yana, I can do that for you."

Melanie slowly took the item from out of Yana's hands. Not having it in her to make the situation awkward. She shot Melanie a grateful look.

"Thanks. Tell him 'thank you' for letting me used it for my project."

"Yeah, will do."

"See ya later."

"Yeah, see ya."

Melanie stared at the book while putting it inside her backpack. She wondered if she could give it to Riki to give it back to Jake instead. Then she recalled that she and the others were gonna do a run through with the additonal performances later today. Melanie figured she may run into Jake sooner than giving it to Riki to deal with.

"Whoo, go ladies!"

Came the cheers from Kana, Jyurie, Becky, Rosie, Megan, Romi, and Mirae as the quartet along with Aeji, Seori, Nakko, and Chaeyoung performed 2 On. It was the last choreography after having danced to Kiss the Sky, Personal and Yeah earlier with the others. They had danced to each routine twice to make sure as they wouldn't be practicing the routine again until day of the events during rehearsals. On Saturday, Kiss the Sky and Personal would be performed whereas Yeah and 2 On would be performed on Sunday. All four performances were included in the beginning of the events, allowing the cousins to leave early to attend previous planned matters on both days.

"I'm tired."

"Me, too."

The pair of sisters crashed to the floor, resting their tired bodies as the others lauged at their behavior.

"Oh, you'll get used to it." Megan remarked with a laugh.

Mirae and Becky came around to the pairs to give them water or juice to re-energize them. The quartet took them thankfully while re-positioning themselves into a sitting position and drank the drinks.

"Anyways," Romi interjected with a firm look.

"We're gonna check in with the others for the overall dances and see ya later."

"You guys can hang out for as long as needed." Jyurie informed them with a smile.

"The others will be in the other rooms practicing and won't be bothering you."

The quartet gave an OK sign.

"Good job today and can't wait for this weekend." Both Chaeyoung and Kana beamed at the idea of the four participating.

Nakko joined in.

"Heh, me, too!"

"Alright, ladies, let's go." Rosie got them back on track.

"Rest well you four."

The cousins gave them another OK sign while bidding the eleven goodbye as they continued to just rest. Serena had connected her phone to the system to play some music in the background. Currently the song, Sleep, was playing before transitioning to Criminal just as either Linna or Melanie's phone started ringing due to their similar ringtones. Serena turned down the volume low enough for her to still hear the song while the younger two went to check their phone. It was Linna's phone.

"Oh, it's Franklin."

Franklin was one of Kierra and Linna's four brothers and a cousin to Serena and Melanie.

"What's up?" Linna answered as the other three stayed where they were while putting him on speaker.

"Sup." Franklin responded.

"What you doing?"

"Chilling. I got you on speaker. Isn't it like one or two in the morning over there?"

"Yeah, taking a break from gaming. When are you guys coming again?"

"Uh..."

Linna looked over at Melanie before sliding the phone over to her as she had a better memory of their flight back home. Melanie picked up the phone and spoke with her cousin.

"Hey. So, um, we're leaving here Friday afternoon on the twenty-fifth around three and should arrive over there Friday morning at around nine that same day. It's a nonstop flight."

"Cool, cool."

"Why? You and Phillip gonna pick us up?"

Phillip was also one of four brothers to Melanie and Serena and a cousin to Linna and Kierra.

"Nah. Calvin and Brian are gonna pick y'all up in their cars to test it out."

Calvin was the younger brother to Linna and Kierra while Brian was the pair's younger brother.

"Oh, I see. Did they add in the straight pipe or whatever they wanted to do over the summer, but couldn 't."

"Yeah. Where's Kierra and Serena."

"Here with me and Linna."

Melanie slid the phone in the middle of them all so that everyone could hear and talk better.

"Hi." Both Serena and Kierra responded with Franklin doing the same.

"Yeah, sup, sup. So, I don't know if y'all saw the siblings chat, but Timothy, Manny, Kenton, and Carson want y'all to bring over some more of that authentic Korean snacks since y'all didn't come during Christmas time. We just ran out a few days ago."

"I'll think about it." The quartet responded, followed by a laugh.

Manny and Carson were Serena and Melanie's eldest brothers while Timothy and Kenton were the eldest brothers of the other pair.

"Aight then, I'm gonna go back to my game and see y'all in a few days."

"Okay."

"Aight, late."

"Later."

Franklin hung up as the four stayed where they were while Serena turned up the volume with the song, Love You Like I Do, playing now. Kierra looked around at them all.

"Has any of y'all packed yet though?"

"Good evening, everyone!" Serena greeted the customers of 20 CUBE before leading the rest with their greeting.

"One, two..."

They announced the rest as a group.

"We're Just 4 Girls."

"Jinri."

"Yeonae."

"Wonhee."

"Seulae."

They bowed as they finished as a group before sitting in their prepared chairs.

"Please watch over us kindly."

Kierra continued the talking ment once thy settled themselves.

"Alright, so, today will be our last performance here at 20 CUBE for awhile as Just 4 Girls will be taking a break."

"But don't worry," Linna interjected with a comforting smile, "There will be many other amazing acts to keep y'all occupy until we return!"

Melanie spoke afterwards.

"So, thank you so much for watching over us these past few months. We really hope you enjoy what we have prepared for y'all tonight to set the mood for the up and coming summer holidays."

The first song the quartet sang was My Type, followed by D-DAY, then HI FIVE, next with, Puppy Love, after that, Want You to Say, and the four ended their segment with Lead Me. During their performance, they weren't aware that their friends had shown up to watch it since they wouldn't be able to enjoy them again until their return. Accompanying the said friends were Riki, Jungwon, and Sunoo with two enjoying the performance while the other was trying to piece the whole thing together.

"Ahh."

Sunoo nodded once he connected all the dots while glancing at his two friends as his sister and the other two's sisters were enjoying the show.

"The two of you knew this whole time?"

"Yeah."

"Do the other four know?"

"I don't think so." Jungwon answered as Riki dismissed it.

"They don't need to know since these four don't really wanna talk about it much."

"Oh."

Now it made sense to him on why they came to the dance building and hung around the other members lately. As well as all the other times he felt they seemed familiar during the past events. Sunoo looked at the pair again.

"Why are they taking a break though?"

"They're going back home for the summer next week." Jungwon responded as Sunoo nodded.

He continued to watch the four's performances alongside the others before remembering something.

"What about Simplistic? I don't remember seeing the store hiring new people as only they and another person worked there."

"Yeah, it's gonna be closed for the time being, too." Riki replied with a shrugged.

"That's all I know though."

"Ah, okay."

Sunoo continued observing the quartet and felt like despite the interactions so far this year, he still didn't know his sister's friends that well.

After making sure the beginning of Jaekyung's birthday went according to plan as well as giving Woongjae the run through of locations and time frames of each event, the cousins returned

Please log in to read the full chapter