not studying.

enha uni high. [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, Chaewon, if you need more tutoring sessions due to midterms coming up next week, then let me know." Jake informed Melanie, coming up to her after class.

"I'm free to help you study as much as needed before dance practices start."

Melanie glanced at him with a grateful smile.

"Actually, that would be great, Jake. Wait, you won't be too busy?"

"Nah. Dance helps relieve stress."

"I thought you correcting people's grammer was a stress releive." She mused as Jake laugh.

"Some times, but no, I won't be too busy."

"Okay, cool, because honestly I could use all the help with it."

Jake flashed her a smile.

"Great. We could even have a study session later today."

Before Melanoe could agree, she then remembered something.

"Ah, sorry, but I already have plans for today."

"Oh."

Jake's smile dimmed a bit. Melanie didn't notice as she continued packing up her things.

"It's alright, Chaewon. No worries, but we're still on for tomorrow, right?"

"Oh, most definitely. There's another formula I don't get and hope you'll explain it better to than my professor."

"I'll try my best."

Jake nodded with a chuckle as he waited for Melanie before noticing the same bear plushie from the other day once more.

"That's a cute stuffed animal."

"Huh?"

Jake pointed at the stuffed toy and Melanie followed to where his finger was pointing to.

"That's cute."

"Oh, yeah."

White Day came to mind, but Melanie remained calm and nonchalant.

"Isn't he cute?"

She chuckled as she finished stuffing the her last material into the backpack.

"Yeah, very cute." He agreed with a small smile.

Just as Jake was about to ask where she got it from, Melanie spoke before he could.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Right. Tomorrow."

Soon the pair headed towards the door to exit the classroom before separating in different directions. Jake wondered what plans she had.

"Gosh, this banana oreo cream cake is delicious." Haeyoon gushed over the dessert with Jangmi doing the same thing.

"I really love the oreo parfait the best."

Both turned to the quintet with a thankful look.

"Thank you."

"Welcome."

Jangmi and Haeyoon continued to eat while making a small comment.

"Too bad Mind couldn't join us, but this day wouldn't make sense for her to celebrate. Still, I'm happy for her in trying to reconnect with Hanbin."

"Me, too. She and Hanbin's relationship were going so well before them other girls started saying something. I just hope Hanbin doesn't have anything against her though."

"Me, too, but I find it cute how they're going back and forth with their letters though." Kana chimed with a happy look.

"But we all wish the same for you two later with someone that actually loves and cares for only you two."

"Thanks, Kana."

Kana then suggested for them to try today's special.

"Enough about that. We definitely have to try today's special. It's coffee based and super delicious."

Serena and Kierra made a face, but decided to order it anyway due to the others as they'll be sharing the food in the end. As the group of seven continuing conversing and eating their desserts, two 20 CUBE staffs, Yejin and Seoah, had set up the karaoke section with one of them tapping on the microphone to grab the customers' attention.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Yejin greeted when all eyes were on her.

"Today's an exception. So, the karaoke machine is here for y'all to sing your heart out!"

Seoah joined her with an excited look.

"Please enjoy, whether good or bad. Thank you and have fun! Now who wants to sing first?"

Meanwhile, the trio cast the four a knowing look.

"What?"

"Y'all should sing." Kana suggested with a gleeful look.

"Yeah! What Kana said." Jangmi agreed with a serious expression.

"We're serious." Haeyoon said, just as serious as Jangmi.

"The two of you should be singing today." Linna suggested instead, looking between Haeyoon and Jangmi.

"Listening to and even singing sad or breakup songs will help you two get over your ex-boyfriends, too." Melanie informed them.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

"We'll each sing a song if one of y'all joins us." Both Haeyoon and Jangmi chimed with an eager expression.

After much persuading, Haeyoon and Jangmi got Melanie and Linna to sing a duet with them. Melanie found herself singing What Do I Call You with Haeyoon while Linna joined Jangmi for a duet of FRIENDS. Soon the pair dragged the other three for a song or two until they were singing on their own or as a duet with others. The cousins along with the other customers of the cafe watched the pair sing to their hearts' content along with others who may have been feeling the same or just bitter with no significant other.

"I seriously blame Serena and Kierra for jinxing us with the whole cliche drama life stuff." Linna grumbled as she joined Melanie in the library.

"My path with those people have crossed more in like two months than it ever did in three years of attending this school."

"Tell me about it." Melanie sighed as the pair slumped against the table.

"I realized Jeonghee's in my Monday and Wednesday's morning class."

"How's that going?"

"She just gives me the stink eye because none of her friends are in the class to do anything."

"Typical."

"Yeah, and then Ahra is like always waiting outside of the classroom for Sunghoon, but he doesn't really pay much attention to her."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm. He kinda walks with me towards my next class, but then we parted."

"That's cute."

"I wish if it were under different circumstances."

"True. Well, Park Gaeul is like the biggest headache ever."

"What she's doing to you?"

"Same thing, but talks about me and Jake which isn't relevant at all. She has a boyfriend so I don't get it."

"Some people are like that and I don't get it either."

"For reals."

Melanie ran a hand through her hair.

"I'm debating if I should ditch my extra math tutoring for today."

"Don't you need it?"

"I do, but missing one extra lesson for today won't hurt me."

"True, but it is midterms."

"I know."

"What about Jake though?"

"What about him?"

"He'll be sad."

"I'm sure he'll be fine though."

"Should ask."

"No. Anyways, weren't you supposed to meet up with Jinah?"

"It ain't happening."

"Why?"

"She's out for a month or so. Bad car accident the other day."

"How is she?"

"Fine except for a few broken bones and is on bedrest."

"Hopefully she won't miss too much school though."

"Me, too."

"Still, can't you get tutored by someone else?"

"She's the only one I trust to teach me."

"Wow."

"I know, but that's the furthest thing from my mind at the moment."

"What's on your mind then?"

"I wanna forget how much I'm noticing Park Sunghoon all of a sudden, too."

"So what's your deal with him?"

Linna shrugged.

"Nothing much. I'm just tired of seeing and hearing that almost every girl in my class wants to be his partner and almost all the guys thinks he's cool or are envious of him. It's kinda cliche and never thought I would actually witness it. It seems too surreal and because of our sisters' words it just feels like I'm in a drama series."

"I feel you."

"Okay. Then how about you?"

Linna re-directed the attention onto her cousin instead.

"So, what's your deal with Jake though."

"I thought we were done talking about him."

"Nah."

Linna chuckled, more amused than before.

"Your life is more interesting than mine."

"Right, when you're the one that hasn't mustered the actual courage to confess face to face with Sunghoon."

"That isn't interesting. Besides, not like I can get that close to him when Ahra's constantly around."

"Really?"

"Yup. Like I mean, she waits for him outside of class, and has class with him, but it's almost stalkerish or something."

Linna dimissed the topic.

"But enough about me. As for you and Jake though, that is interesting. I really thought y'all were chill and cool with one another."

Linna re-directed the topic onto her cousin as Melanie shrugged nonchalantly.

"I dunno. It feels like he wants to be close friends now or something like that."

"Weren't y'all friends before though?"

"He was just a friendly classmate that happened to tutor me in math before that whole love letter incident occured."

"But...?"

"Now people think he and I do have something going on."

"I thought that died down."

"Me, too, but I still get weird stares and they whisper whenever we're in class. They won't say anything to my face about it. Pretty dumb."

"Sounds dumb, but why don't you just address it properly?"

"There's no point in trying to explain something to someone when there's nothing going on in the first place."

"But it's bothering you, right?"

"Somewhat."

"Then you should say something."

"I dunno. Still, Jake treats me the same as before, but he's a little more attentive. I guess, a little more friendlier than before."

"So, your new crush is becoming a bigger crush?" Linna teased as Melanie swatted at her.

"Not even. Unlike you with Sunghoon."

Linna made a face.

"It's not the same."

"You actually like Sunghoon while I'm just associated with Jake."

"Same difference."

"If you say so."

"I do."

Melanie stopped the teasing and sighed deeply while placing her head onto the table's surface.

"I rather go home and sleep."

Linna mirrored her cousin's actions.

"Maybe our sisters could help us out instead. They've taken these courses before."

"They're swamped with their own studying and helping Riki and Kana with theirs."

Linna chuckled.

"So they're at the high school campus then?"

"Mmhmm."

"Those two were always bad at their studies."

"True."

The cousins were unaware that two other people have joined their space shortly after.

"Hello, ladies."

The cousins swiftly lifted their heads to see the two young men they were talking about earlier.

"How about we all go somewhere else for a change of pace?"

"I'm bored. Let's do something else." Riki suggested as he glanced from Serena to Kierra.

The trio were in one of the high school library's study rooms from outside distractions. Kana had finished her own study materials along with the worksheets Kierra and Serena had prepared for her. She left to hang out with her other friends. The pair were currently reviewing their own notes, leaving the male to do the same. Yet, he didn't want to studying further, becoming bored.

"We all have our midterms to worry about, kid. Just finish yours and you can leave like Kana." Kierra reminded him while not looking up from her notes.

"I'll be fine. I did a majority of the problems y'all assigned me anyway."

Serena paused, glanced up, and held out a hand for him to pass her his work.

"Let me see."

"There's nothing to see."

Riki immediately closed his books and put away his materials. Serena rolled her eyes with a small smile before resuming her work.

"Let's go eat. None of you have gotten me fish-shaped pastries for a while now."

"You don't deserve them." The pair chimed in unison while laughing and continuing their studying without looking up.

"Y'all are mean."

"We know."

The cousins chuckled once more as Riki rolled his eyes in good-nature. He suddenly recalled something.

"Hey, wanna help me decorate?"

"No." Kierra and Serena answered simultaneously as they cast each other knowing glances.

Riki ignored it.

"C'mon. It'll be easy and it'll get done faster with more people."

"Decorate what though?" Serena inquired a second later, pausing in mid-read.

Before Riki could reply, Serena changed her mind.

"Never mind. I don't wanna know. I'm gonna get me some boba instead."

"Ooh, me, too." Kierra agreed with a smile.

"I need to treat myself before these midterms drain me."

Both began packing as Riki looked at them questioningly.

"I suggested eating, but both of you ignor

Please log in to read the full chapter