relationship issues.

enha uni high. [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena slipped a yellow letter into Hanbin's locker in the dance team's break room a little over a week later. A few days ago, Mind mustered up the courage to write her feelings and thoughts to Hanbin again and if given the chance could they start anew. Yet she didn't have the courage to talk to him face to face or even send the letter herself and she came to the cousins for advice. So, just like with Linna, Serena ended up being the delivery person for Mind. Serena had no idea how it occured, but what's done is done and here she was. Unlike last time, Serena went early in the morning before classes actually started and not in the late afternoon.

"Are you leaving the letter for another friend of yours this time? Or is it still for Sunghoon?"

Startled by the words of an amused voice, the back of Serena's fist hit the person in the chest out of reflex. Not expecting to get hit, the person backed off with a grunt as Serena's attention went on to them after sucessfully leaving the letter before. Serena recognized the person to be Heeseung. She really needed to time this whole thing better without disturbances and wondered why she even got caught in the act by him again. Still, Serena wondered why Heeseung was here alone and so early just like last time. She figured it must be the dedication.

"Uh, sorry. Reflex."

Serena did not feel sorry whatsoever, but her demeanor remained calm. Heeseung felt like it was deja vu, but recalled a similiar incident back at Lotte World. He rubbed at his chest as Serena eyed him, sheepishly.

"Are you okay?"

Heeseung collected himself with slow nods before giving her a half-smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but don't apologize. I was the one that startled you."

Serena remembered his question from earlier and decided to answer him.

"Um, about the letter, yes. It's for another friend. So, no, none for Sunghoon since he wasn't interested either."

She shot him a knowing smile.

"Well, at least from what you told me."

A sheepish smile graced Heeseung's face upon hearing the last part of her words.

"Uh, yeah."

Serena cast him with a playful look once Heeseung seemed to be fine.

"Are you gonna tell me that Hanbin's not interested, too?"

The sheepish smile disappeared as another slow smile graced his features before a chuckle left his lips as he shrugged.

"That, I can't say for sure unless you tell me who your friend is first."

Serena's expression shifted back to being indifferent.

"Nah, I'm not gonna do that until Hanbin reads the letter himself and can decide what he wants to do."

She flashed him an indifferent smile.

"Anyways, bye!"

Serena her heels and rushed out of the room and building with Heeseung following her after gathering his things.

"Hey, wait."

"No."

Heeseung reached her in no time and matched Serena's pace once out in the open. Serena briskly walked while Heeseung seemed to look like was taking a casual stroll. Serena didn't want to run so early in the morning and figured to stay quiet in hopes that he'll go off on his own. He did not as Heeseung made conversation.

"How are you feeling?"

"Um, I'm fine."

She shot him a look before facing forward again.

"Why do you ask?"

"I heard that you didn't show up for school last Monday."

"From who?"

"Ni-Ki."

"That kid."

Serena tried to walk faster, but Heeseung easily kept up not taking the hint.

"How about we chat over coffee, yeah?"

"I don't like coffee."

"Well, it doesn't have to be coffee."

"It's okay. I'm not in the mood to eat or drink."

"Are you sure? We could get boba or something? Whatever you like. I'm not that picky."

"I'm sure and no thanks."

Serena wasn't trying to be mean to the guy, but she wasn't sure if she actually wanted a friendship with the guy either. Then again, Serena knew how much she had teased the other three about their so-called boy problems and thought to just not have it come bite her in the so soon. Still though, Serena just didn't want to interact so early in the morning. Although the thought of having bubble tea right now was highly tempting and she hadn't had one in a couple of days either. Still, she wasn't in the mood to consume something and just wanted to find a quiet place to nap or relax alone.

"We don't have to go off campus. We can head over to the school's cafeteria."

Heeseung continued as Serena didn't understand why he persisted.

"It's all good. I'm fine. Thanks though."

"I'm sure we can pass the time getting to know one another better until both of our classes starts in about two hours. What do you say?"

Serena paused in mid-walk with Heeseung doing the same. She faced him, puzzled.

"How do you know when my first class starts today?"

"Oh, well Ni-Ki mentioned your schedule an-"

Heeseung got interrupted when some students called out to him, distracting the male. This scene felt like deja vu and this time around Serena became relieved by it. She excused herself with a polite tone and smile despite Heeseung watching her go, but couldn't really do anything. His brows furrowed upon seeing a small bouncing pink-like bear plush attached to her backpack. His train of thought got cut off when he heard his name being called for again. Heeseung shot the small group a feigned polite smile. Serena headed to the school's infirmary to sleep until classes actually started for today. She'll take care of Riki later. She never got the chance to as she ended up sleeping longer than necessary.

"Hmm, everything looks so good in person."

Serena scanned the menu and displays while standing inside the shop of Beard Papa's, after leaving campus. The nurse didn't wake Serena in time for her first class, figuring she needed the rest upon how Serena arrived to the infirmary. She and the other three were friendly with the nurse, Ji Nari, and Nari allowed the cousins to lounge around if needed, but of course appropriately. Then again, Nari really enjoyed the four's company. When Serena did wake, she realized it was now a bit later in the afternoon. She dismissed the issue with Riki for now while messaging a classmate about the lessons for today. As a thank you, she visited the bakery to buy the said classmate their favorite treats here.

"So Hyunkyung wanted a creme brulee, a fondant, and a cheesecake. I'll get myself one of each, too."

Serena continued to scan the items while thinking of her sister and cousins, too.

"Maybe I'll grab one of each with the four different fillings. That makes it thirty-two choux creams in total. Wow. Do I wanna do that though?"

Serena had a quiet conversation with herself.

"Yes, yes I do."

She chuckled, enjoying the moment despite what others may think.

"Hmm, maybe I'll get them each the other three, too. So that's twelve in total. Overall, that's forty-seven items I have to carry around."

Everything looked and smelled delicious, yet then again, Serena didn't want to carry that many boxes home. She continued to contemplate over all the desserts about what to get overall and decided she'll it up and get it all. It's not like she'll be back to this place within the week, too.

"Hey, Chaejin, wanna get boba?"

She heard someone asked from next to her and replied automatically.

"Not today. Maybe another time."

Once the words processed in her head and she found the voice familiar did she shift her attention to see Riki standing closely beside her with an amused look on his face. She took a step back to give her and him some space while eyeing the younger male suspiciously.

"Hi." She greeted with a flat tone.

"That's not a friendly greeting."

"Yeah, don't care."

She caught movements from behind him as her eyes shifted to see Heeseung, Sunoo, and Jungwon with him. She greeted the trio in the same manner, but with more of a polite smile gracing her features instead. Riki eyed her, knowingly with a stoic expression as she gave him the same smile, but there was a playful twinkle in her eyes. Sunoo brightly greeted her with Jungwon being friendly in his greeting. Heeseung flashed her a small smile with a soft 'hello'. She acknowledged them as she quickly averted her attention away while stepping closer to the counter to make her order after the next two customers. Riki sidled up next to her while softly nudging her. She knew what he wanted her to do.

"Hey, could you get me a va-"

"No." She promptly answered, interrupting him, but her tone seemed more playful than outright rejection.

"Oh, c'mon. You owe me."

"I'm pretty sure you're the one that owes me."

"Since when?"

Serena eyed him before facing ahead again. She didn't want to interact, but knew the male would continue to bother her.

"Don't y'all have dance practice or something?"

"We came to buy snacks for our break."

"I see."

"So, will you buy me a vanilla choux cream though?"

"I'll think about it."

"Please?"

"On the condition you stop talking about me or the other three to your friends."

"I don't talk about you."

Serena cast him with a knowing look before switching to Japanese. She didn't want the others to overhear her mentioning them even though that did look bad on her end if they did. Riki sheepishly laughed when Serena asked him on how Heeseung even knew she was out sick and her classes. Riki countered her argument with why the quartet needed to hide their identity when doing off-work performances. She asked him how he even knew about that and he responded that he happened to see a recording of them on Kana's phone and she ended up telling him. Serena sigh before telling him to not say or talk about them as it wasn't his business. Riki agreed as well before adding in a little condition of his own if they would just buy him food and snacks every now and then. Serena tiredly agreed. The other three were bemused by the whole interaction.

"Oh, I didn't know that Chaejin knew Japanese." Jungwon commented as Sunoo laughed before speaking.

"Honestly, I forget that Ni-Ki is Japanese at times."

Heeseung just smiled at the situation, wondering if they'll have enough time to get the order and eat before their break was up. Still, his eyes lingered over to Serena, wondering if she was always like this despite being in the same grade since they were in high school. Then again, he recalled the two of them never really hung outside of school and he focused more on his studies and group of friends than his other classmates.

"Who's buying Riki his fish-shaped pastries this morning?" Serena asked as the cousins entered the unversity gates of Enha University High.

"I already bought him his other snacks for later today."

It was an early Thursday morning and the first day of April. Melanie, Linna, Serena, and Kierra were headed towards their university's cafeteria. The cousins wanted to grab breakfast instead of making their own before their morning classes along with getting their friend something, too.

"I got him sushi the other day." Melanie commented before glancing at her cousins.

"I'm sure it's one of you two this time around."

"It's Linna." Kierra confirmed.

"I'm getting him dinner tonight."

"Wait, why?" Linna questioned.

Kierra shrugged.

"Dunno. He personally messaged me last night that he wants me to buy him dinner."

"Oh, he did the same to me, too." Melanie chimed in with a roll of her eyes.

"This kid is having too much fun with asking us to buy him stuff since finding out about us."

"I know right. I'm debating if I should knock him down a few steps."

Serena made a face with a small chuckle.

"Also telling other people my schedule and life I feel like ever since that Christmas day at the ice rink, we've been having those drama scenes."

"I know. I agreed. Need Kana to talk to him or something because I'm not enjoying these little cliche moments in my life to be honest." Kierra chimed in with a disgusted face.

"Besides, this whole thing just seems kinda cliche in it's own aspect."

Serena nudged her cousin playfully.

"Yours is pretty cliche with Jay if we're talking about the whole cliche stuff."

"Shut up and no, it's not."

Kierra cast a knowing look at her sister and younger cousin.

"Linna and Melanie's situation seem more cliche than mine."

"Oh, very true." Serena agreed.

"Well," Linna interjected with a shy-like demeanor, "My situation may seem cliche and fitting, but I doubt anything will happen further as I'm not actively

Please log in to read the full chapter