Chapter 23

Jennie: Best of Me

"Hey, Lovebirds. I'll be joining you in this worn-out plane Elijah owns. If only Elijah allows Jisoo to represent S&N in France, maybe, just maybe, he can buy a new aircraft for his dear Grandpa." Scott jokes before hugging Jennie. She is used with Scott giving her hugs or putting his arm on her shoulder.

 

Elijah makes a face and teases Scott. "Jisoo will represent your brand, but only in your dreams. You can't afford her. Sorry."

 

Jamie continues to read the newspaper without greeting Scott. He is seated near Jennie.

 

"Money is never an issue with Scott Wertheimer, my dear friend Elijah." Scott has always been confident, outspoken, and frank. His mouth has no filter, but he can get through with anything because of his charm and humor.

 

"Stop bugging me with Jisoo. Do you like her?" Elijah asks Scott. Jisoo has a contract with Dior Cosmetics, so they can't accommodate Scott's offer.

 

"Why don't we ask Jamie if I like Jisoo." Scott lifts his eyebrows at Jamie, who is sipping his coffee. Jamie chokes, and his coffee spills all over his shirt. The flight attendant rushes over to Jamie and handed him paper towels.

 

"You like Jisoo unnie?" Jennie asks Jamie in disbelief.

 

"No, no. She's r-really pretty, but no." Jamie answered Jennie while stuttering.

 

"Stop stuttering, Monsieur." Scott continues to tease Jamie.

 

"Stop talking nonsense, Scott! Go back to your seat, salaud." Jamie, who is as red as a tomato right now, raises his voice. Scott runs back to his seat when Jamie is about to stand up.

 

Elijah chuckles. "You won't have a chance, Jamie. You'll lose your mind after getting to know her extraordinary mind. Another thing is she doesn't like boring people. Sorry."

 

Scott laughs loudly, and Jamie stares at Elijah.

 

"Stop it, El. I think they look good together. Imagine how beautiful their kids would look like." Jennie muttered with dreamy eyes.

 

"What? Kids my . They are not even dating, Jennie Kim." Elijah laughs and pinches Jennie's cheeks.

 

"I'm just saying that they will have handsome and beautiful children. Jamie is the most handsome guy I know." Jennie laughs when Elijah pouts his lips. "He's the most handsome next to my mon amour, of course."

 

Elijah grins. "Don't forget the iest and hottest."

 

Jennie rolls her eyes. "Stop spending too much time with Scott. You're oozing with too much self-confidence whenever you spend time with him."

 

Elijah presses the button to set up the divider and teases Jennie with soft kisses on the side of her lips. "I heard differently when I was kissing you like this few days ago."

 

Jennie pushes Elijah and tries to cover her face. "Stop it!"

 

"What?" Elijah chuckles. "Oh, I didn't hear anything last time. All I heard is ."

 

"I'll kill you, Elijah Ellington." Jennie punches Elijah before burying her face to his chest. Elijah laughs harder, and Jennie presses the button to remove the partition between her seat and the aisle. They saw Scott flirting with one of the cabin crew.

 

"Don't fall for that French guy. You have a bright future ahead." Elijah told the stunning crew when she passes them their seat. She smiles at him brightly.

 

Jennie laughs when Scott raises his middle finger at Elijah. "Ya! That will be the last time you will smile like that to beautiful women like her."

 

Elijah frowns at her.

 

"What?" Jennie irritatedly asks him.

 

Elijah grins. "I just followed what you told me. Don't smile at beautiful women, so I frowned at you."

 

Jennie rolls her eyes and pulls the blanket before turning her look away from him.

 

Elijah takes her passport. "Oh, now I know why you're so cranky. Your full name is Jennie Cranky Kim. Nice middle name, mon amour."

 

"Ya! Give me my passport." Jennie hisses at him.

 

"Oh, my bad. I missed something. It's Jennie So Cranky Kim. I missed So." Elijah continues to .

 

Jennie tries not to laugh by rolling her eyes.

 

"Go to sleep, mon amour. I'll wake you up once we landed in Seoul." Elijah kisses her on the forehead.

 

The plane they were in landed half an hour ago. Jennie is the first to come out as a lot of people are waiting for her outside. Elijah always tries to avoid photographers, so he never comes near Jennie or the other members when in public. Elijah, with Scott and Jamie, walk towards the van waiting for them. There are a couple of photographers who follow them. Scott smiles and waves at them.

 

"I'm coming for your title, El. I'll be the upgraded version of the Nation's Favorite Boy." Scott mumbled after settling inside the car. He opens the car window, and smiles at the people gathered around them.

 

"Close the ing window, Scott! Jennie is here, you er." Elijah yells at him, and Scott quickly closes the window.

 

"Jinjeonghae, Ahjussi!" Scott answers him.

 

Jennie laughs with how Scott sounded when he tries to speak Korean words.

 

"Are we going to see Jisoo?" Scott eyes Jamie before grinning.

 

"Jennie might misunderstand you. Stop fooling around, Scott." Jamie looks at Scott seriously.

 

Elijah elbows Scott lightly. "Yes, Father Jamie." They muttered together.

 

The group arrives in the building where Blackpink and Elijah's apartments are located. Scott and Jamie will stay at Elijah's apartment for a week. Jamie is in Seoul for a few business meetings. Scott is always in Seoul for the past few months because of Chanel Korea.

 

"Let's just eat in our apartment. I asked the girls to order food." Jennie leads them into their apartment.

 

"Oh, it's just next to Elijah's." Scott teases Jennie by wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Jennie blushes, making Scott more. Jisoo opens the door, and they all look at Jamie, who blushes after noticing that they are all looking at him.

 

"You are all weird," Jisoo mumbles before pulling Jennie and whispers something. They are both giggling while walking towards the dining room.

 

"I'm going to kill you in your sleep." Jamie, who is still blushing, threatens Scott and Elijah.

 

Scott pats Elijah on the back. "You will be missed, mate."

 

"I'll kill both of you! I'll kill you first, Scott." Jamie answers.

 

"Fine! Just make sure to shower my corpse with Chanel fragrance." Scott responds before waving at Chaeng and Lisa. "Bonjour, belles femmes."

 

"Hey! I heard that before. You lay a finger on these girls, and I'll drown you in Chanel Perfume." Elijah threatens Scott, making everyone laugh.

 

"You treat them like 12-year old kids. Their dating ban is over." Scott said while checking his phone.

 

"How did you know that? Tss." Elijah sits and checks the food.

 

"I just know." Scott winks at the maknaes.

 

Lisa elbows Chaeng lightly and grins at her. Elijah catches it and jokingly scolded them. "Ya! What's that? You can date anyone, but not Scott. He's an ."

 

"Little Elijah is just threatened I'll take away his throne in South Korea as Nation's Favorite Boy. Keep hating, mate." Scott starts to dig into the food.

 

The group starts to eat and talk about random things. Elijah and Jennie are having their own world, while Scott teaches Lisa and Chaeng some French words. Jisoo and Jamie are awkwardly surrounded by silence. Everyone is dispersed, and Jisoo is left with Jamie.

 

"Would you like to have some wine?" Jisoo asks to escape the awkwardness.

 

"I would love to." Jamie answers. "Do you like drinking wine?"

 

"Yes. Elijah brought wine when he came back after graduating from Oxford, and I fell in love with wine since then." Jisoo answers while looking for a corkscrew. "I can't find the corkscrew."

 

"Let me try." Jamie takes the wine bottle and opens the bottle using a key.

 

"Daebak! Jjang!" Jisoo expresses.

 

Jamie looks confused. He knows the basics of speaking Korean as he learned it at school and learned a lot from Elijah.

 

"Oh, it means awesome. Sorry." Jisoo shyly told him.

 

"It's fine," Jamie muttered and returned to his usually serious demeanor.

 

Jisoo feels the awkwardness again and looks around. Elijah just smiles at her, not getting her silent cry for help.

 

"I love wine, too. I grew up on a farm, and I learned how to make wine when I was six." Jamie told her without smiling.

 

"How old are you?" Jisoo asks.

 

"I'm 25." He responds.

 

"How about learning how to smile at the age of 25?" Jisoo smiles at him. Jamie blushes and looks down.

 

"Bonjour, Jisoo. As much as I want my dear friend to experience some romance, we need to go. His wife and kids are waiting for his call." Scott interrupts them.

 

"Scott! What the hell are you talking about?" Jamie yells before hitting Scott's head.

 

Elijah joins the conversation. "You haven't called your wife, Jamie?"

 

Jamie stares at Elijah, and he's about to hit him when Elijah runs to Jennie's back. "Is it a secret? I didn't know."

 

"Stop this nonsense!" Jamie gives Scott and Elijah a death stare.

 

"Okay! Okay! Jisoo, pretend that you didn't hear what we said." Scott runs for his life when Jamie chases him.

 

Elijah laughs out loud. "I need to go, girls. I'll follow the two outside. Scott will end up dead if I don't follow them."

 

Jisoo is confused with what is happening and just nods at Elijah.

 

"Hey! You two. Dating is not allowed yet. You're still a baby. Huh!" Elijah eyes the blushing maknaes before leaving.

 

"Ya! Kim Jennie! You have something to tell us!" Jisoo pulls Jennie on the couch.

 

"What?" Jennie giggles. "I have nothing to say!"

 

"Oh my God! They did it!" Lisa exclaims.

 

"Unnieeee?" Chaeng asks. The three girls are now hovering over Jennie.

 

"O.M.G," Jisoo muttered.

 

"How did it feel, Unnie?" Lisa asks with wide eyes.

 

"Lalisa Manoban!" Jennie was caught off-guard.

 

"Is it painful?" Chaeng asks innocently.

 

"Park Chae-young! Oh my God." Jennie is shocked by their questions.

 

Jisoo is silently waiting but ends laughing hard. "You did it!"

 

"I didn't say anything!" Jennie denies Jisoo's accusation.

 

"But, you did not deny anything." Lisa answers.

 

"Exactly!" Chaeng agrees.

 

Jennie opens and closes it again.

 

"OH MY GOD!" The three girls squeal.

 

Jennie covers her face with a pillow, while the three girls jump and scream hand in hand.

 

"Don't you dare tease me when he is around!" Jennie warns the three, but she only receives a teasing look from them. "Yaaaaa! Stop it!"

 

"Let's change the topic! Why are you so awkward with Jamie?" Jennie starts to tease Jisoo to get away from their teases.

 

"Everyone does!" Jisoo defends herself.

 

"We are not, Unnie!" The three answers together.

 

"Are you going to accommodate him if ever?" Chaeng asks.

 

"I don't see myself living abroad." Jisoo answers quickly.

 

"Jisoo unnie likes him!" Lisa grins.

 

"What are you talking about?" Jisoo laughs before standing up and starts to wash the dishes.

 

"Chaeng didn't ask you if you want to marry him and migrate abroad. She only asked you if you are open in dating him." Lisa explains. Jennie and Chaeng give Lisa a thumbs up.

 

"It means you already think about dating him. If I'll date someone, the first thing I'll ask myself is if I like the guy, not if I'll move to where the guy is living." Chaeng hugs Jisoo and places her chin on Jisoo's shoulder.

 

"My mind is just too advanced. I'm the smartest, you know." Jisoo mumbles while tapping Chaeng's head lightly.

 

Jennie and Lisa join Chaeng and hug Jisoo as well. "Ya! What is this?"

 

"We'll never know if you'll marry Jamie tomorrow since your mind is too advanced. So, we're going to hug you now." Lisa said, and the two girls agree.

 

"You three are so weird. Let go!" Jisoo tries to get away, but the three younger girls cling to her tighter.

 

The three finally let go of Jisoo. Chaeng and Lisa help the oldest in washing the dishes, while Jennie cleans the table.

 

"We used to do this when we were trainees, doing the dishes, and cleaning the dorm together." Chaeng smiles while remembering their trainee days.

 

"And Lisa chasing and catching the mouse!" Everyone laughs. "I remember that place. We lived there for almost six years!" Jisoo said.

 

"Miyeon and I lived there longer. Imagine if Miyeon debuted with us." Jennie muttered.

 

"I would love to have Miyeon, but everything happens for a reason. Maybe, she'll be more successful in (G)I-dle." Jisoo is close to Miyeon, and she was the most affected when Miyeon was kicked out of the group. She felt like as the oldest, she failed in protecting her dongsaeng.

 

The girls call it a night after cleaning the dining room. They return to their rooms, and Jennie takes a quick shower. She is tired from the long flight and is planning to sleep when she decides to call Elijah first before sleeping. They talked for almost an hour before they decided to sleep.

 

The next morning, Jennie wakes up with Scott, comfortably eating a late dinner with the three girls. He waves at her, and she is relieved that she took a bath before going out of her room. She joins them in eating and asks about Jamie.

 

"Jamie is in a meeting with Elijah in Kia. My friends are so into the boring industry. Thank goodness that my family is in the fashion industry. I can't imagine myself reading paper works about automobiles." Scott answers while enthusiastically eating bibimbap.

 

"What Jamie do for work?" Jisoo asks, earning a playful grin from Scott. "Ah, nevermind. Tss."

 

"Jamie works in Vivendi. It's a mass media company, so it's an array of media technology." Scott notices confusion on the girls' faces. "Vivendi has activities in music, television, film, etc., but Jamie works directly under Havas and Gameloft."

 

"Gameloft? Like video games?" Jisoo asks.

 

"Yes. They develop and publish video games. Havas, on the other hand, is an advertising company." Scott patiently explains.

 

"Oh, I thought he's into the winemaking business." The three girls look at her and start to grin. "Ya! Elijah told us last time that Jamie made the wine he gave us!"

 

"I love how interested are you with Jamie's job. How about Jamie itself?" Scott teases Jisoo before bidding goodbye. "I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

 

Scott leaves the apartment, and Chaeng continues to tease Jisoo, together with Lisa and Jennie.

 

"I'm just trying to make a conversation, so the two of you stops flirting!" Jisoo smirks.

 

"What did I miss?" Jennie asks curiously.

 

"Ask Chaeng." Jisoo smiles, playfully at Chaeng.

 

"We're not flirting, Unnie!" Chaeng denies.

 

"Wait until Elijah finds out about it," Jisoo smirks. Lisa and Jennie laugh and tease Chaeng, who is blushing so much.

 

"Chaeng likes someone, and it's not Scott." Lisa runs away from Chaeng and goes straight to her room.

 

"I'll kill you, Lisa!" Chaeng yells. She faces the two older girls, who are now staring at her.

 

"Spill, Park Chae-young!" Jisoo muttered.

 

"Now!" Jennie said.