Chapter 19

Jennie: Best of Me

Elijah

 

I was taking a shower when I heard someone opened the front door. The girls know my apartment's passcode, so they usually skip ringing the bell and go straight inside. I was brushing my teeth and expecting someone to call my attention. I yell after not hearing anything. "Soo-ya?"

 

I went out of the bathroom after hearing nothing from Jisoo. I noticed a big container with a huge ribbon on top of it. I opened the pet carrier, and an adorable puppy comes out from it. I took the card from the box, and I read the handwritten birthday card.

 

"Idiot,

 

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day, and the next 17 days of being older than me. My revenge will be sweeter for all the days after my birthday and before your next birthday. Take good care of this little munchkin, the same way you take good care of me for the past 20 years of our friendship. I hope this cutie will help you have a good and long night of sleep and help you take away stress from work. Take a good rest, and never skip a meal.

 

Always,

Sooya (the best of all the best!)

 

I've been complaining to Jisoo that I have a hard time sleeping since coming back from London. I was told that it could be from the stress at work and the constant traveling. I remembered the reason why I gave her a dog before. Jisoo told me, during our phone calls, when I was in college, that she's been experiencing persistent sleep paralysis. I decided to give her a dog after I asked for advice from other people about Jisoo's problem. Thankfully, she seldom experienced it again after Dalgom came. I tried to reach Jisoo to thank her, but she's not picking up my call. I decided to send a photo of my Bernese Mountain Dog to our group chat. "Ya, say hello to Beom, the newest member of Blackpink Zoo."

 

"He looks so much nicer than Dalgom-ie." Lisa, Dalgom's number 1 enemy, replied.

 

Chaeng sent a series of heart emoji. "Gwiyeopda! Beom-ie!"

 

"Let's set a playdate with Kuma, Kai, and Dalgom!" Jennie said excitedly.

 

Jisoo, who is in a shoot, joined the chat. "Yas, while Beom-ie is still as small as the other three. I was told that he'll be as big as Lisa and Chaeng."

 

"The three dogs are small because their moms are shorties." I teased Jennie and Jisoo.

 

After a one week break given to the girls, they started working on their new album as early as January. They covered various fashion magazines, starred in several CFs, attended a few music festivals, and finished filming the 12-episode long Blackpink House within the first five months of 2018. Blackpink is preparing for their comeback in two weeks, and everyone is excited about it as it has been almost a year since Blackpink released a song. In terms of individual schedule, Jisoo models for Cartier, a French luxury good which designs, manufactures, and sells jewelry and watches. Lisa lands several huge endorsement deals from Korea and Thailand. She became a Moonshot endorser, had a collaboration with Nonagon to release a collection, and made a record of selling 120,000 copies of Harper Bazaar's Thailand after landing her first solo cover in the said magazine. Chaeng covers fashion magazines with Lisa and lands an endorsement deal with Kiss Me, a cosmetic line in Korea with Jisoo. The most notable work Chaeng did so far is a collaboration with Big Bang's leader G-Dragon before he left for military enlistment. Another good news for the Blinks, especially Chaeng's die-hard fans, is her most awaited collaboration with singer-songwriter IU that will be released sometime in October. Reports about Jennie as Chanel Beauty endorser and Chanel Korea's Ambassador was released in January and was followed by a solo cover shoot. YG Entertainment was flooded by a series of negative comments as fans raised mistreatment issues for the other three members. The malicious comments are already expected, as it is known that Jennie receives hate the most out of the four members. The three girls and I supported Jennie and reassured her that everything will be fine. YG Entertainment released Blackpink's group and individual schedule for the coming months to kill the favoritism and mistreatment issues involving Blackpink.

 

Jennie receives backlash once again, bringing up past issues of favoritism after someone leaked the plans and concept for Jennie's first solo single on the day of her flight to France. I ordered an investigation within the company regarding the leakage of information about Jennie's solo debut. To make the matter worst, Jennie is flying to France to attend Chanel Perfume's new fragrance launch on June 7. I was with the three girls in the training room when I received the news that Jennie was harassed at the airport on her way to France. Several antis posed as a fan and threw a bottle at her. I was furious and released a press statement about the incident after making sure Jennie is alright.

 

"Hello, this Elijah Ellington of YG Entertainment. This is about the unfortunate event that happened at the airport earlier this day.

 

Jennie of Blackpink was harassed and mobbed at the airport on her way to France to attend Chanel Perfume's new fragrance launch. Jennie and the other members, together with their families, are receiving considerable mental and physical stress from this incident. This is a growing problem not only for our artists but also for other artists in the industry.

 

We will issue a strong legal response to everyone who was involved in this incident. We will also take legal actions against any invasions of privacy and other online harassment of our artists. To protect our artists, we will not overlook such behavior in the future.

 

We, in YG, is working hard to protect our artist at all cost. This recent incident only proves that we are still lacking and I apologize to all the people who put their trust in us to protect the security not only of our artists but all the people in the airport. I, Elijah Ellington, will take full responsibility for these shortcomings, and I will work hard to provide better security and protection not only for Blackpink but all the artists under YG Entertainment. Thank you."

 

I booked the earliest flight I can get to Paris to follow Jennie, and personally supervise her protection. I decided to go as I'm sure that Jennie is upset and down with the hate she received online and at the airport. After traveling for almost 13 hours, I arrived at the hotel where Jennie is staying. I rang the bell, and Jennie, with swollen eyes, opened the door. She was surprised but threw her body to me anyway. She began to cry, and I had no choice but to carry her back inside. "Am I a horrible person?"

 

I reassure her while her legs are clinging to my waist and her arms around my neck. "You are the nicest, warmest person I know."

 

Jennie cries harder. "Is there something wrong about me?"

 

I sat on the bed while she continues to cling on me. "Nothing is wrong with you. You are the most amazing person I know."

 

Jennie stopped crying and gave me a look, then after a few seconds, she sobs again. "Then why do they hate me?"

 

I kiss her forehead before looking at her. "There are people who know nothing but to hate. You have us who loves and knows you the best. Don't let your life spins around those types of people. It's okay if they hate you 1 million times. I will love you 2 million times, anyway."

 

I hug Jennie, who is wailing like a kid in front of me. I wiped her tears by kissing her face and pinching her nose afterward. "Stop crying and try to sleep. You have an event to attend tomorrow, Mademoiselle Jennie Kim."

 

She looks at me, still sobbing. "Talk to me in French."

 

I kiss her cheek, my lips almost touch the side of her lips. "Tu es belle, ma chaton."

 

Jennie looks up at me. "What does that mean?"

 

I hugged her tight before answering. "It means 'go to sleep, my Mandu.'"

 

I stood up and tried to put her in bed, but she clung to me, making me fall on top of her. I laughed and asked her to let me go. "No, tell me what it means first," Jennie answered while pulling me closer to her body.

 

I kissed the side of her neck. "It means you are beautiful."

 

She let go of me, and I lay down beside her. "I want to hear you speak French again."

 

I kiss the back of her hand. "Do you prefer a French boyfriend? I'm not French."

 

Jennie pulls her hand from my kisses and throws her body on top of me. She lays her cheek on my chest, tilt her head slightly and looks up. "Kuma doesn't know how to speak French, so I prefer someone who speaks Korean and English and some French."

 

I play with her hair while looking at her beautiful face. "Tu es la femme de mes rêves, Ma chérie."

 

She gave me a gummy smile that Blinks, and I love to see. "You are the man of my dreams, my love."

 

I raised an eyebrow after hearing her somehow translate what I said. She grinned and gave me a playful look. "I learned it while watching a French movie on the plane."

 

I pulled her up to give me more access to her body. "I want to kiss you."

 

Jennies cheek color turned into crimson red. I pull her into a kiss and swiftly change our position, me on top of her. I her face while staring at her perfect features. I kiss her lips again, harder this time, making her back arch. "You make me so hot. I could come just from kissing you."

 

I nibbled her lips, her tongue, and teased the inside of . We were panting when I stopped to plant soft kisses on her chin and jaw, down to the side of her neck. I hear her moan as I start to the side of her neck, down to her shoulder and her collarbone. I caressed her tiny waist, and I felt her body tremble when my hands travel inside the thin fabric she is wearing. I remove my shirt, exposing my chest. I heard her moan when I reached her back, locating the clasp on her bra. I heard her chuckle, and I stared at her, amused.

 

Jennie pulls her clothes away. I moan lightly upon seeing her body. She looked at me seductively, and I moaned hard when she unclasps her bra. "The hook is in front." I heard her chuckle again. "It's not always on the back."

 

I back. "Girls I used to date don't even wear bras."

 

Jennie pushes me hard, I almost fell out of the bed. I was surprised where all that strength came from considering her small frame. I stared at her, still surprised until I realized why she's upset. "I'm just kidding, baby."

 

"Get out of my bed!" She yelled at me while putting her shirt back. I laughed and embraced her in a hug. "Let go! I'll go out."

 

"How can you go out if I have this?" I pull out something from my back and wave her bra in the air.

 

My heart flutters in love after seeing her blush. She tried to take it from me, but the difference in our height makes it harder for her. "Elijah!"

 

Jennie tried to jump, but I raise my hand higher. I embraced her and brought my lips to hers.

 

Elijah and Jennie are now in bed together, watching random videos while cuddling. "Hun, are you going to come with me tomorrow at the launch party?"

 

"I don't think so," I answered her, eyes still fixed on the screen. "I think I can go if Chanel Korea's Ambassadress will tag me along as her plus one."

 

Jennie took away the phone to get my undivided attention. "If Chanel Korea's Ambassadress will bring you over to the exclusive launch party, what can you offer back to her?" She pinched me in the waist when I grinned sheepishly at her. "You are so dirty, Elijah!"

 

"What? I just smiled at you. You're the one who thinks dirty." I laughed.

 

I kiss the top of her head. "I was wondering if Mademoiselle Jennie Kim wants to stroll around the Deauville market on Friday morning."

 

Jennie showers me with kisses. "Yes, yes, yes. Yes!"

 

I chuckled before pulling her on top of me. "When I was here studying, Brad and I usually spend the long holiday breaks with Scott's family. Even way before college, if I can't go back to Korea, I'll spend the holidays with either Scott's, or Jamie's."

 

"Brad didn't spend his school breaks with his family?" Jennie asked.

 

"Brad's mom died when he was 7 or 8. His father married another woman. He doesn't feel home when he's with his family, so he prefers to spend time with us." I explained while playing Jennie's hair. She nods and waits for me to continue to talk. "During school breaks, we either spend time in Deauville or at his uncle's place at Geneva. Deauville is the hometown of Scott's grandfather, so Scott is familiar with that place. I basically spent some of my teenage days there, and I want to relive it with you. That place is amazing, you will love it."

 

"What did you usually do with the boys before?" I know that Jennie has a petite body, but I never imagined she's this small, not until tonight, when her slim body is on top of mine. The weird thing is, her body fits perfectly with mine.

 

"We did a lot of things together before. I learned how to ride a horse because of Scott, lived on a farm and make wine with Jamie, and sail around and try to catch a fish because of Brad. I fell in love with football because of the boys. We used to play football until the dark. We used to spend a lot of time in detention because of the naughty things we did in Eton." I laugh while remembering some of my memories at school.

 

"I'm happy you got the chance to do things you enjoy to do with the boys." Jennie kisses me in the jaw.

 

"I lived a life away from the public. When I was here, I'm just a simple Asian-American boy, not Elijah Ellington of Yunjin Group. I was happy here, but there's no place like home. And you are my home, Jennie Kim."

 

Jennie kisses Elijah on the lips gently. "I love you so much, Elijah." She kisses my chin and bites it playfully. "Do you remember our phone times before?"

 

"Two one-hour phone call a day. One at midnight after finishing your training, the second one after waking up in the morning. I used to see you drool a lot every time you fell asleep while on the phone." She slapped me on the chest lightly after hearing my teases.

 

"It's a 7-hour time difference, right?" She asked me after burying her face on my neck.

 

"Nope. It's 8. Korea is 8 hours ahead of Windsor." I corrected her.

 

I felt her warm breath brushed against my neck when she spoke. "I'm excited to stroll around with you."

 

"You will love Deauville, Ni. We can go to the market in the morning to stroll around and try local fruit and cheese. Then, to the seaside resort and eat seafood later that day.

 

"We have all day to spend?" I nod, making Jennie's gummy smile comes to life. She started to play with my hair, and I felt her hesitates for a moment before continuing. "Can we stroll around Paris before going back to Korea?"

 

"I don't think it's possible, baby." I stared at Jennie, who tried to hide her disappointment by smiling. "We will next time. I promise."