Chapter 12

Jennie: Best of Me

Elijah

 

Elijah moved into his new place, and the girls helped in cleaning and arranging his stuff inside the apartment. The three girls left after eating lunch, and Jennie stayed as she doesn't have any schedule for the rest of the day. The two are watching a drama while cuddling on the sofa. Elijah shifts his attention to Jennie, who is so focused on the scene they are watching. He smiled while watching Jennie's face as her facial expression changes now and then. He reaches for her hand and kisses it softly. Jennie looked at him and caught him looking at her. Her face turns into crimson red, that made Elijah smile more.

 

"Ya! Stop looking at me like that." Jennie said, looking away to hide her blushing face.

 

"I'll be looking at you like this forever. Get used to it, Yobo." Elijah said, biting Jennie's fingers playfully.

 

Jennie looks back at him and pouts her lips, making Elijah's heart flutters.

 

"Continue pouting, the next time you'll know, my lips are on yours already.". Elijah said, threatening the blushing girl.

 

Jennie rolls her eyes in an attempt to cover her smile. "Stop teasing me, Oppa."

 

Elijah leans forward and closes the gap between them. His lips brush Jennie's soft lips, and Jennie kisses him back. Elijah kisses her harder when Jennie's hand runs slowly up into his hair, the other down over his thick shoulders. He her lips and bites her bottom lip lightly. Elijah then her lip, making Jennie moan a little. He didn't waste his chance and put his tongue inside when she opened slightly. Elijah passionately kissed her, tickling her tongue with his. He kisses her lips again, harder, this time. His tongue travels from her lips to her jaw, and finally to the side of her neck. His hand moves down to her perfect , at the same time, his tongue and lips travel. His manhood is getting harder, and as much as he wants to continue, he stopped. He pulled Jennie in a hug.

 

Jennie, unsatisfied and hungry for more, reached for his lips again. He let out a soft moan as Jennie's kisses become harder. She his bottom lip and bit it softly.

 

"Hun.." He said as he slowly pulls away from her kisses. "I love you."

 

She looks at him straight in the eyes before pulling him again to a hug. "I love you so much."

 

They spend the night together by watching movies, talking about random things, and cuddling each other.

 

Blackpink received a lot of attention after its successful debut. Their first two singles broke records as "Boombayah" and "Whistle" charted at number one and two on the World Digital Songs chart, making them the fastest act to do so. The debut singles topped the digital, download, streaming, and mobile charts on Gaon last August. They won first place on Inkigayo 13 days after their debut and broke the record for the shortest time for a girl group to win on a music show after debut. Jisoo had her first taste of TV appearance as she became a guest MC of Inkigayo for one episode. They prepared for their next album after wrapping up their promotions for Square One, their debut single album after one month since they debut.

 

Blackpink released its second single album Square Two with two lead singles, "Playing with Fire" and "Stay" last November. Playing with Fire topped the Billboard World Digital Songs chart, their second single to hit number one after Boombayah. Jennie and Jisoo appeared in Mnet's M Countdown as Guest MC. The four of them made their mark in Korean variety shows after guesting in Weekly Idol and Running Man.

 

Blackpink's success in their first five months earned them several rookie awards at major Korean music award shows. They took home the "Rookie Award" in Asia Artist Awards, the "Best New Artist Award" in Melon Music Awards and Seoul Music Awards, and the "Rookie Artist of the Year" in Golden Disc Awards. They were also named as best new K-Pop groups of 2016 by Billboard. Jisoo and Rosé appeared on Radio Star, while Jisoo will be an Inkigayo MC for a year.

 

February 22. Gaon Charts Music Awards.

 

"This year's Rookie of the Year winner is Blackpink from YG Entertainment." The MC announced as fans and other artists cheered and clapped their hands to congratulate them. "Blackpink debuted last August and placed first in the music programs after 13 days, and since then, they are known as the monster rookies. Blackpink's unique and classy performance makes us think that they are not rookies. Congratulations once again to Blackpink."

 

Blackpink made their way in the podium to receive the award and make a short acceptance speech. They greeted the people together and bowed. Jisoo held the microphone and said, "Thanks to our CEO, Yang Hyun-suk, for helping us reach this point. Thank you to Teddy-Oppa for giving us great music and to our management team for always supporting us. Also, thank you to all our staff members, the A&R team, and our stylist for making us so beautiful all the time. To our parents, thank you for the support and love you provide to us. To our Blinks, we sincerely want to thank you for waiting and supporting us. We love you so much." Jisoo looks at the other members waiting for them to add something, but the three look too shy. She held the microphone once again and continued the speech. "We would also like to thank another person who helped and supported us since day one. This award would not be possible without this person who helped and guided us and continue to do so on this journey. Thank you for everything, Eli-Oppa. We won't make this far without you." Jisoo added before they bow to show respect to everyone. They leave the stage, teary-eyed.

 

Elijah is in Tokyo, watching the girls receive the award. He is watching the show in his hotel room, feeling so proud of the girls' achievements in their less than a year-old career. He sent a message to their Kakao group chat. "I'm a bit sad that I wasn't there when you call me Eli-Oppa, Jisoo." The three younger girls replied with laughing and heart emojis after an hour, while Jisoo sent a video clip rolling her eyes. He laughed hard and replied, "Ya! Don't use your phone when you're at work, you punks!"

 

"The show is over. We're just waiting for manager Oppa." Rosé texts him back.

 

I sent a thumbs-up emoji before replying. "Oh, sorry. I left the hotel room after you finished the speech. Hehe. Belated happy birthday, Chaeyoung-ah! I'm sorry, I wasn't there. :((((((" I replied.

 

"YAAAA!!!!! YOU DIDN'T WATCH OUR PERFORMANCE??????" Jisoo gets back at him for teasing her a while ago.

 

Elijah has a meeting with the people from YG Entertainment Japan regarding Blackpink's debut showcase in Japan this year. "I always see you sing and dance. I can even sing and dance your songs with my eyes closed. I'm tired of the four of you." He replied. The four girls sent him loads of angry emojis, and they even sent him a video of them rolling their eyes. He was laughing when the representative of YG Japan came. "I'll see you all tomorrow. I have a meeting tonight. Be safe on your way home. Take care, and I miss you!"

 

The meeting ended around 2 am. I call Jennie as I see her posted something on Blackpink's Instagram account. I smiled after seeing her beautiful bare face when the video popped out. She's gorgeous even without make-up. "Annyeong! It's late, and you still have your make-up on?"

 

"I already washed my face!" She pouts and rolls her eyes.

 

I laughed hard with her response. "I'm just messing with you, night owl. I miss you, Yobo. I can't wait to see you later. Do you have some plans later this evening? Let's watch a movie or eat some take-outs in my apartment with the girls."

 

"We have practice until 9. Are you going to come?" Jennie asked.

 

"I'm not sure, Hun. I still have a meeting until 9 or 10. I'm sorry." He has a full schedule for the rest of the week. The only time he's free is later this evening as he needs to fly to Shanghai the next day for Blackpink's promotional activities in China. He is planning to expand Blackpink's reach in Japan and China this year, and eventually, to the neighboring Asian countries.

 

Jennie pouts her lips unknowingly, one of her mannerisms when she is thinking. "Hmm, then let's meet after practice. Call me when your meeting is over. We'll get some food on our way to your apartment."

 

Elijah silently listens to Jennie's stories on the people she met in the award shows, other artists' performances, and Lisa and Rosé's small fight on their way to the stadium where the award show was held.

 

"...so, Chaeng told us that she doesn't want to sit beside Lisa in the van. Lisa said, so is she, that's why Jisoo-unnie ended up sitting in front beside Manager Oppa, and Lisa sat on Jisoo-unnie's spot." She stops and looks at me. "Ya! You're not listening to me."

 

"I am. I'm just amazed at how handsome I look tonight." I laughed. Continue, I'm listening." The truth is, my heart is full talking with Jennie like this. I feel like they are a normal couple, living an average life.

 

She rolls her eyes at me. "Tss. I don't want to. I've been talking for an hour now. How was your day?"

 

"It's the usual stuff. I had a meeting regarding your debut showcase here in Japan. I met some people working for Grandpa and had lunch with them. I had a chance to buy something for Chaeng's birthday when one of the boards of Korean Air invited me to look around Tokyo. He brought me to some antique shops in the area. I bought her an LP record player. Her old one is already broken, right?" He asked her. Rosé loves LP records and buys when she sees one, but her player is no longer working.

 

"She will love it. She's been trying to find some time to look for one. Good thing you were able to find one. Did you see some film cameras? Lisa wants to buy one. I forgot to tell you. I searched on the web as I plan to buy her one, and it says that there's a lot in Japan." Jennie said, eyes almost closing from sleepiness.

 

"I did not see one. Maybe there is in other vintage stores. I'll look for one when I go back here next month. I bought you..." I stopped talking when I noticed that Jennie is already sleeping soundly on the other line. I smiled and looked at her face until I fell asleep.