Chapter 11

Jennie: Best of Me

Elijah

 

The girls had been in and out of the training room for the past seven months. Their debut is already confirmed, and all their hard work paid off. They already did a photoshoot for the debut teaser and recorded two debut singles. They will film their music video next week for the two singles they will release. Elijah did an excellent job making connections in the music industry. People in the industry, as well as fans around the world, are looking forward to their debut. They released a dance practice video covering Rihanna's Better Have My Money, and people were impressed with their explosive dance moves. Teasers will be released every weekend for the next four weeks. They are set to debut on the 8th of August at 8 in the evening. Everything is going in their way, and Elijah is excited for the girls. The girls would be known as Blackpink, the next girl group of YG Entertainment after 2NE1. They will finally debut after several delays since 2012. This year will be Blackpink's year, and Elijah plans to do whatever it takes for it to happen.

 

A few more weeks passed, and Blackpink received impressive feedback after the release of their two debut singles. People fell in love with the rookie girl group and made headlines after headlines in the news platform. But the real challenge in their less than a week old career is their debut performance. They will perform on stage for the first time in SBS' Inkigayo. The girls are nervous since days before their debut stage, and today is the biggest day of their young career. Yang Hyun-suk, to the disbelief of many, came to monitor the performance. Elijah has been restless for the past couple of weeks. He feels more nervous than the girls but made sure not to show it to reassure the four that everything is going alright. Elijah is backstage right now to monitor the recording. The stage performance ended without any problem. It was not a perfect stage, but it is one of the best performances he has seen from them for the last seven months.

 

Blackpink returns backstage led by Chaeyoung, who is known as Rosé as her stage name, followed by Jisoo, Lisa, and then Jennie. The staff meets them with a smile and cheers, and Rosé, who started crying, runs towards Elijah and hugs him. "You rocked the stage, Chaeyoung-ah. I'm so proud of our little chipmunk. Don't forget me if artists start to call you for collaborations." Rosé cries even harder. Lisa smiles at me widely. "Hey! Did you see the Thai girl on the stage? Who is that girl full of swag? I want to sign that girl to YG." Lisa pouts, trying to hold her tears. Elijah hugged Jisoo tightly and whispered something in her ear. "I'm so happy for you, Soo-ya. You made it." Elijah is so happy for his three childhood best friends who already debuted. Jimin, who debuted three years ago, is on his third world tour right now with BTS of BigHit Entertainment. Nayeon, who debuted last year with Twice of JYP Entertainment, is doing well, and now, finally, Jisoo debuted with YG Entertainment as the lead vocalist and visual of Blackpink. The four girls hugged each other tight and took a photo together to commemorate their first stage performance.

 

Everyone is settled down and eating silently. I sat beside Jennie and checked her ankle. She injured her ankle during the 'Boombayah' dance rehearsal. She took loads of painkillers just for her to continue recording for their debut stage. "Hey, Warrior, how are you?" I placed her leg on my lap and put an ice pack on her swollen ankle. "You made Jisoo-ya cry. You're a legend. You made boss Chu cry for the first time."

 

"I hurt my ankle, buy me ice cream.", Jennie said while using her aegyo.

 

"You don't need to act cute. Your dumpling cheeks are already doing that work for you." Elijah teases her fluffy cheeks.

 

Jennie, acting annoyed, says, "If you don't stop teasing my cheeks, I'll have it removed."

 

I burst into laughter. "Really? It's scary to imagine someone without cheeks." Jennie is hitting him in the shoulder when Yang Hyun-suk arrives inside the dressing room. Jennie and I bowed at him, same with the other people inside the room.

 

"I made a reservation for everyone. Make sure to get everything the staffs need. I have a meeting to attend." YG said before leaving.