UH-OH

Behind the Smile

Onew POV

You had seen _____frustrated.  You had seen her mad.  You had seen her yell at your friends.  But you had NEVER seen _____ look quite the way she did now.  You felt a little, ok, more than a little…frightened?   She almost seemed like an anime character with such a fierce glare.  Any minute, laser beams might shoot out and fry you where you stood. 

credit:True Tears

 

That’s no good,you though inanely, I have a photoshoot tomorrow.  Can’t do it if I’m all burnt up looking.

 

Her look as she cut off your speech was seriously that intimidating.  When her finger shot out, it took all your manly courage not to duck.   That finger could have probably drilled straight through your chest-a tingling sensation of pressure started, but you knew it was all in your mind. You hoped.

“We are going to sit down and discuss this.  Calmly. Rationally.  And I had better get some truthful answers, Mr. Lee Jinki-ssi,” she said ominously.

 

You gulped. Knowing there was no other acceptable response, you nodded your head.  Slowly, so you wouldn’t push her into some further act of violence. 

And somehow she’s still cute, all angry in sweats and bunny slippers, looking like she’d prefer to kick me rather than talk to me.  Scary, but cute.

How to defuse this situation? I hope I can make her accept this proposal without being too obvious.  I definitely don’t want her to refuse out of some misguided attempt to “save” us from her “mediocre” skills.  Time to it up and employ the smiles again.  God I get tired of smiling.  Too bad they’re so damn useful.

 

You brought both hands up in the “surrender” gesture, waving them next to your head.   Flashing her a timid little smile, you coaxed, “Not a problem.  How about we go over to the dorm and talk it over with the guys too- they’re a part of this, so they deserve to get some input on the situation, right?”

You put a bit more warmth into the smile, hoping to get her to smile back,or at least agree with you. 

 

Her finger retreated at glacial speed, but _____ nodded back in a decisive fashion.

“You’re right,” she said.  You widened the smile even more, feeling as if you had escaped some horrible yawning pit of death and dismemberment. 

 

Her finger whipped out again and you froze, lips trembling slightly (hope she doesn’t notice that) in renewed terror.

BUT, don’t think you’re off the hook, Mr. Lee Jinki-ssi.  If I’m not satisfied by your explanation, you’ll be in SERIOUS trouble, Arrasso?” 

 

As she whirled and stomped toward the entry hall to grab a coat and some walking shoes, you felt like your Umma had returned from the grave to scold you.  It was even worse than when Key decided to nag you.  Something in the quiver of her messy bun of hair as she strode away from you just screamed “She’s pissed off!  Really pissed off!”

The smile died on your face, and for a brief second, you let your face reflect the real you- a grimace of distaste pulled your grin off kilter, and you shook your head. 

Could I have acted any more of the Babo in front of her?  This is going to take some quick thinking and hard work to get her back into the plan.

 

Well, are you coming or what,” she half-yelled at you.

“Coming, coming,” you called back, “We’ll take my car again, just let me grab the keys & my coat.”

Your fingers and thumbs moved lightning-quick on the phone as you shot off a text to the rest of your members. 

                >>>INCOMING!   _______ is mad.  You know the plan.  HWAITING! <<<

 

Shrugging the heavy hip-length coat back onto your shoulders, you politely opened the front door and bowed to _____.   “Ka ja.”  You flashed a winning look from your bowed position, grinning up at her as she passed with a quiet snort.  Straightening up, you watched as she picked her way down to the car at the curb. 

  

 

And grinned a little more, realizing she wasn’t going to make this easy.

 

 

 

A/N: Finally we get to go see the rest of SHINee!  Man, I hope I can write them okay.  They probably won’t be as exaggerated as you guys are used to seeing- hope that doesn’t make this .  I’ll need some honest feedback, folks!  *crosses fingers for luck*