Chapter 8

Seoul Arts High School (SAHS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

NEW CHAPTERS EVERY TUESDAY

 

 

Monday rolled in quickly and the GFriend were impressed of how much the girls had improved in terms of bonding. The relay runners were jogging around the track to built stamina while the archers train. The 60m runners had a 5 minutes break and so Sowon walked towards Jihyo to praise her about the team.

 

Yuju: Okay, let’s take a break. You guys will be dismissed after the archers manage to get 8 points with an arrow.

 

It was nothing to Mina and Sana but all of them were nervous when it came to Dahyun. Because of her weak arm, the SOPA archers had went out to buy her a wrist guard to hopefully help her in her archery. Dahyun looked at the ground nervously but with the cheers of her 8 other teammates, she decided to do it. She dragged the arrow back; the wrist guard really helped and as she took a deep breath, she released the string.

 

Yerin: 9!

 

The 8 other girls immediately ran to Dahyun and pulled her into a group hug.

 

Chaeyoung was in front of the changing room mirror fixing her hair after drying it when Dahyun walked and stood beside her. It was awkward at first but she managed to utter a ‘thank you’ to the younger girl.

 

CY: No need to thank me, friends are supposed to be there for each other~

 

Dahyun watched as Chaeyoung smiled widely at her. She didn’t notice her mole and her dimple before. But in the midst of thinking about them, she suddenly felt 2 hands warping around her and pulling her close.

 

“I knew you could do it~” Chaeyoung said as she gave the latter a squeeze.

 

Dahyun instinctively hugged the latter back and burrowed her head into the crook of her neck. This was the same feeling she felt on the night she snapped – it was comforting. When Dahyun had those days, Doyeon would comfort her but now that the latter was in a long-term school trip, she would be lonely at home and with no one to comfort her.

 

“All thanks you guys… especially you.” Dahyun said.

 

DH: Hey, Chaeyoung. Do you have anything on tonight?

 

CY: Nope why?

 

DH: I was wondering if you could stay over… the house gets lonely without Doyeon or my parents…

 

CY: Sure~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon closed her textbook and stretched before her line of sight fell onto the calendar.

 

4 weeks left.

 

Her and Jeongyeon were best of friends but she realised that the latter would distance herself if Nayeon were to get too close. It seemed like Jeongyeon didn’t trust her fully yet. She sighed and took off her glasses before dropping on to her bed and staring at the ceiling thinking about how she should improve their relationship. She didn’t want to lose to Momo.

 

Wednesday was a break day from training. So Nayeon decided to plan a little date so that they can enjoy the day without moving much. Since Jeongyeon’s house was empty most of the time, Nayeon decided to pay a surprise visit. She decided to cook for Jeongyeon, which almost cost her the whole kitchen but Nayeon’s parents managed to keep it under control.

 

“Why can’t you be as good as your sister? Look at your grades for modeling and now you want to join this useless sports activity? You should focus on your priorities!” Nayeon heard the person say even from the other side of the door.

 

“You are a disappointment Jeongyeon.” A voice bellowed.

 

“Fine. Do what you want. Don’t come crying to us if you fail.” The woman said again.

 

Nayeon quickly darted away and pretended to look at the floor’s directory as the couple, presumably Jeongyeon’s parents, entered the lift. After they left, she immediately ran towards Jeongyeon’s apartment. She was about to knock when she heard sobbing from the other side.

 

“Ya, Jeongyeon! You okay?!” Nayeon yelled in vain and demanded the girl to open the door. After a while of knocking, the door opened and there stood a puffy eyed and red nose girl, trying to hide the fact that she cried. But once she realised that it was Nayeon, she immediately sought for comfort through hugging the latter. Nayeon was stunned but though fast enough and caressed the latter’s back.

 

NY: Jeongyeon ah… It’s okay. Everything will be fine. I’m here.

 

After the girl stopped sobbing, Nayeon made her sit down while she set the box of rice, meat, vegetables and egg on the counter top. Nayeon told Jeongyeon to try it.

 

JY: Is being scolded by my parents not torturous enough?

 

NY: Ya… Is it that bad…

 

Jeongyeon nodded her head but continued eating. Nayeon took the fork and tasted it but spat it out right after because the food was so salty. She tried to stop Jeongyeon from eating it but the latter tried to stuff as much as she could in while fighting off her hands. Even though it was horrible, Jeongyeon ate it because she appreciated Nayeon’s efforts. In addition, she hasn’t had home cooked food for a really long time. But, Nayeon managed to force the both of them out of the house to get edible food.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where are you going?” Momo said when she realised that Sana wasn’t following them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter