Chapter 5

Seoul Arts High School (SAHS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nayeon met Jeongyeon and brought her to the council’s office while Dahyun and Mina had already arrived. The three girls were looking at each other awkwardly when the council president finally entered the room.

 

JH: Welcome everyone~ Now all of you must be confused on why we called you here. Well… we need your help to establish this ‘Problems’ department in the school.

 

JY: What’s that?

 

JH: Ah, glad you asked. The principal wanted us to set up this department to help students. The school is currently lacking manpower and need our help to do it.

 

MI: Just the 3 of us?

 

JH: On no no! Of course not, the 6 of us will help you too. Because of the lack of resources… we could only get about 3 of you to join.

 

“But some of us have problems of our own. And you want us to handle more?” Momo said as she eyed Nayeon who gave her a ferocious glare in return.

 

JH: Ahem… Well I hope you 3 can consider it and join us in this project.

 

“Mina is in~” Sana said happily as she placed an arm around the latter but all Mina could do was to steal glances from Momo who seemed uninterested. After all, they had the fight and skill didn’t make up. Jeongyeon readily agreed because to be honest, Nayeon had already convinced her prior to the whole explanation by Jihyo. On the other hand, Dahyun was a little skeptical about it because of what Momo said. She had her own problems. Why should she help people when she can’t solve hers? Nayeon noticed and cut in to save her.

 

NY: Why not we get the final replies by tomorrow? We don’t want to hold you back from lunch break~

 

MM: Or you want to spend more time with Jeong-

 

“No one asked for your opinion.” Nayeon said as she dragged Jeongyeon out.

 

MM: Have a lovely time~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JY: What was that about?

 

NY: No-nothing… she’s always mean to me.

 

JY: Well, that is unfortunate…

 

NY: It’s fine, I’m used to it~

 

Nayeon gave Jeongyeon her gummy smile, earning a pat on the head by the latter.

 

“Let me walk you back to your school, we don’t have much time anyway.” Nayeon said as she hooked her hand around Jeongyeon and grabbed her towards her school but she felt Jeongyeon resisting.

 

NY: What’s wrong?

 

“I-… I don’t want to.” Jeongyeon said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

NY: But o heard from Tzuyu that there was an evaluation today!

 

JY: I… I want to skip it for today.

 

Nayeon saw how worried the latter was and immediately stood in front of her looking at her lowered head. Nayeon gave her a sad look before cupping her hands on her small face and lifting it up.

 

“Hey~ what’s wrong?” Nayeon said with the gentlest voice that Jeongyeon had ever heard from someone. In addition of having a set of high expecting parents, the fashion industry was also a highly stressful environment as well. Jeongyeon looked and shifted away from Nayeon’s touch before shaking her head; she didn’t want to say it. Nayeon checked her time before suggesting to the latter that she accompanied her to her evaluation. She was not okay with the idea at first but with the bunny’s constant pleading, she agreed. It was a win-win situation; Nayeon gets to go and Jeongyeon gets to show her what it was like being in that school.

 

The students were made to report at the Polygon a.k.a The Runway, which was what the building was known as amongst the fashion students. Nayeon took her seat at the very back so that the teachers, who were sitting near the runway would not notice her. The music soon started and the students walked out one by one.

 

“YA! Straighten your posture!”

 

“Your face. Why is it so bad?!”

 

“Sway more.”

 

“You walk like an uncle!”

 

“Have you gained weight? You look like a hippo!”

 

After the student walked away, it was Jeongyeon’s turn. Nayeon was in awe; she looked so chic, fierce and bold but the teachers thought other wise. Instead of compliments, she was bombarded with insults from the sharp tongues of the 5 new teachers that were there. At this moment, Nayeon finally understood why Jeongyeon was so afraid of the evaluations- it was damaging. But before the teacher could hurl more tat Jeongyeon and the remaining girls, a woman with bright orange hair walked in.

 

H: Ya, it’s enough. I can hear you guys from outside. If that girl was an elephant, what would you describe my figure? Didn’t the school change its policies? Why do all of you have to be so low.

 

“Ms. You do know the fashion industry-“

 

H: If they can’t blossom here, the American industry will surely accept them.

 

“Then why are you still here?” another one asked.

 

H: Are you knew or something? I am Hwasa. America’s most searched for model.

 

“I- M-ms. Ahn… I am so sorry for-“

 

H: Save the apology. Dismiss these girls and go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon was the last to leave. She pushed the glass doors of the polygon with her head hung low. Nayeon immediately ran towards her and gave her a long hug, which wasn’t going to break off any time sooner.

 

JY: I-It’s okay, I am already starting to get used to this.

 

Nayeon pulled away and looked at the latter.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter