Chapter 7: Our Future (Updated)

The Ghost of My New Appa’s Former Wife Jessica (Formerly Mayonnaise Ketchup)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Our Future

 

After “dinner” it seems that a permanent flush was to be present in my face as one by one people visited my room to check how I was.

 

Knock Knock!

“Y-Yes?!” I answered hesitantly.

 

Omma and Uncle was peaking in through my room’s door and when they saw me sitting at the middle of the bed, seemingly stable, they slowly entered the room, Uncle scratching the back of his neck (a habit he does when he’s flustered I noticed) and Omma pushing the forty plus year old guy to come a few steps forward towards my bed.

“Err… Well…” the old man started. “I… I don’t know… how I should put this but…

..I’m sorry.”

 

“Oh, no! I- I should be the one apologizing…” I wanted to explain that the outburst was just in the heat of the moment, and by no means is directed solely at him, but uncle beat me to it.

“You know Taeyeon, it’s hard to put into words, but believe me there’s never been a day… that I’ve forgotten Jessica.”

“So I’m really sorry if you think that I couldn’t see her… but I promise you she was always in my heart…”

“…”

“Taeyeon honey? To tell you the truth…” My mom seconded while soothing uncle’s nerves by locking her hands with his.

“Remember how we all went on that drive a while back?

… Maybe I was just imagining things…

…But… I could swear I heard someone singing…”

“I heard… the voice of someone singing beautifully…” my mom recalls whispering the last part loud enough for only the three of us to hear, as if she’s telling us her well-kept secret.

 

“Yeah, she was yelling her heart out that day.” I couldn’t help but answer as-a-matter-of-factly.

GASP!

“I KNEW IT!” My Omma clapped her hands in realization.

“THAT’S AMAZING BOA!” <- finally we know who Taeyeon’s Omma is in this story. ^^

 

Okay bring in the stooges.

“You were always on pins and needles around me when it came to your former wife so…”

“But Boa yeobo-“

“Maybe she’d be happy if you guys talk about her?” I suggested smiling. Knowing fully well that Jessica would like that.

 

“M-maybe you’re right!”

“Do you really think so?” Omma and Uncle held hands, happy with my suggestion.

 

Yeah… I guess?

“Thank you honey!” My mom kissed my cheeks goodnight and left the room with my happy uncle in tow. “Goodnight!”

Click.

 

And the two elder Kims exited my room, only to be replaced with another set of knocks a few moments after.

Knock Knock…

“Yes?”

Bring in the mini stooges.

 

Just like Omma and Uncle did earlier the two stuck to the frame of my door’s room like it was their only protection from the boogie monster on the other side of it.

But children are curious beings, so seeing that I was just staring back at them they eventually, cautiously tiptoed inside my room, their tiny little hands securely fastened on their backs.

“Noona you’re not mad anymore?” Minho for once starts the conversation wearing his Pororo t-shirt inside out probably putting it on in haste.

“Nah”

“Unnie you’re not crying anymore?” Sulli added.

“I never cried okay!” I blushed remembering again that embarrassing moment in dinner.

“Okay…”

Nothing was said after that, both just looking on the floor, sometimes playing with their hands so I called on the two, who obviously wanted to say something yet were too shy to let it all out.

Oops, I was talking about the kids not me right?

“So what are you kids doing there so far away? Come here you two, so I can hear you both better.”

Upon the invitation, the two, still walking rather slowly, I saw these kids running like monkeys so I know their true capacity, approached me, walking arm in arm; Minho guiding Sulli.

“So what did you kids came here

Please log in to read the full chapter