Chapter 5: Something about Ghosts that I Know Too Well (Updated)

The Ghost of My New Appa’s Former Wife Jessica (Formerly Mayonnaise Ketchup)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Something about Ghosts that I Know Too Well

 

Ding Dong!!!

Ding Dong!!!

The bells’ ringing signal the end of another wasted school day. Especially for Taeyeon who is still in neverland and for the first time ever in years has failed to see her best friend Tiffany approaching. Even as she calls out her name and flashes her perennial eye-smile that was the very reason Taeyeon would even want to go to school once, she was kept unnoticed.

Taeyeon, with her stare transfixed blankly in front, had other things… or maybe someone in mind.      

 

“Hey TaeTae! Mind if I come over your place today?”

Huh? Is it already the end of class?

Oh right...

I was thinking so much of-

Sigh

Never mind.

Quickly I began tidying my desk, throwing my lecture notes or lack thereof, into my black leather backpack. 

I was ready to leave the room when…

 

“Tae, is it okay?”

“Huh? Oh hey Fany?”

She just stood there looking over me with a confuse set of eyes. Never did this happen before us. Usually she was the one who would zone out and ignore me whenever Nickhun was around but it was never the opposite. 

I never used to not see her.

Used to.

 

Now I didn’t even catch what she was talking about.

“Umn… so as I was saying, you mind if I can drop by your place? Nick has club practice and it’s still too early to go home so I was thinking…”

“My house? Yeah sure why not?” I replied not wanting to thicken the already heavy mood in the air.

 

Then I realized…

Jessica.

 

Not that I’m worrying the ghost would find it annoying if I invited another girl in the house… I mean she doesn’t even-

Plus Fany’s just a friend…

So she shouldn’t worry… I mean, I shouldn’t worry about-

Ugh…

Cough.

It’s for Fany’s safety! Yeah.

Sometimes Jessica gets so violent I better keep Fany and my other friends away for a while! That’s right!

Ha.Ha. I mentally nodded at that reasoning.

“On second thought, sorry Fany, maybe next time! See yah!” Not waiting to hear her response, I waved goodbye and rushed out of the room pretending to fool myself that it was just that and nothing more.

Because really it’s nothing more right?

 

000000000000000000000000000

 

“I’m home!” I headed straight towards the dining room, starving from forgetting to eat lunch earlier.

Don’t blame me okay?! I had a lot on my mind I forgot. Sorry. Sheez.

 

“Omma, you’re looking younger each day, what’s for dinner?” Straddling the dining chairs I gave her a wide grin while she welcomed me with raised eyebrows as she continued stirring whatever aromatic dish was in the stove.

“Stop flattering me Taeyeon, you’re not getting out of baby-sitting duties today. And it’s Chicken Rice, the kids requested so earlier in the supermarket”

“Hmnnn really?! Who says I was just flattering you.” I pouted puppy dog style. “Can’t even trust your own daughter’s words?”

“I’d love to Taeyeon honey… but no. Now sit straight, and stop setting a bad example to the kids!”

Okay okay, sheez, there’s not even freedom to sit however you like in this house.

 

 “… must be PMS.” I mumbled.

“What did you say Kim Taeyeon?” She asked in that venomously sweet words, I immediately sat up scared straight. 

“Ha.ha. Nothing Omma, take care and have a nice time with your friends!”  

 

After a few more minutes Omma finished preparing our dinner, and seeing that she’s already a bit late with their appointed time she quickly removed her apron, briefly fixed herself and gave me “the eye” before she went out leaving the kids with me.

 

Grunt.

Well maybe it won’t be so bad?

 

“LET’S EAT!!!” Together, we all said our prayers and began digging in. Apparently not just me but the kids too were starving.  We were all focused on eating so I thought everything was pleasant enough and going well when-

Not a few minutes in under my watch…

 

OUCH!

“Now sit straight, and stop setting a bad example to the kids!” Sulli with a bright smile, tiny utensils in her equally tiny hands, mimicked my mom accidentally spilling her glass of water in the process.

 

GEEZ the freaking liquid just spilled on my shirt!

And ALL OVER THE TABLE!!!!

Child do you have something against me?

But she just stayed giggling there, apparently happy that she can copy whatever m

Please log in to read the full chapter