I think I'm falling for you

Caught In Between

2 weeks ago

 
"Hey have you seen Yifan?" Junmyeon asks nervously. Baekhyun's house is starting to get crowded and the music is blasting in every corner of the house. "No hyung, but Chanyeol said that he's on the way here with him. What's up?" Jongdae replies while making himself a drink. Kim Jongdae is Junmyeon's junior and appointed secretary of the student council who goes around telling everyone that he's 'JD the man' and 'Part time student full time Lady Killer'. "Nothing, just wondering where every body is." Junmyeon casually tells him but Jongdae knows better. "What do you mean wondering where every body is? Everyone you can possibly know is right here in this party, you're just too excited to get into Yifan hyung' pants like tone it down will you Mr President" Jongdae's little snarky comment got him a punch in the arm but that didn't stop him from laughing his off. "Oh okay mr lady killer, I happened to see a little making out with Yixing in the school library." Junmyeon tells him as his revenge. "And I maybe took a video of it but I don't know, can't really remember it now" Jongdae chocked on his drink and Junmyeon just pats him on the back. "Hyunggggg" His trademark whiny voice is making its appearance. "You know I love you right, can you please just let this one go? Just this once? Please?" Hands clasped in a praying manner and knees on the ground while Jongdae asks for a favor slash forgiveness. Junmyeon just smirks at him the whole time. "Yixing is a really good kid you know, so don't think of this as one of your games, Daeah." "I got you hyung, don't worry about it. Thanks." Jongdae's smile was sincere and he quickly went over to give Junmyeon a hug before he received a kick and Junmyeon telling him to go help Baekhyun. 
 
It was Junmyeon's third cup when Yifan arrived and he's starting to get tipsier by the second. "Woah you look like you're about to pass out so why don't we stop with the alcohol alright" Yifan tries to take away the cup from Junmyeon's hand but the younger one seems to have a death grip on it. "You look hot" Junmyeon tells him despite his vision getting blurry. Yifan makes Junmyeon scoot over  space for him in the couch and once Yifan sat, Junmyeon's head went straight to his chest. "You smell nice too" He tells him again. Drunk Junmyeon is cute Junmyeon so Yifan just naturally laugh to whatever he says. "Let's get you some water" 
 
Yifan half carries and half drags Junmyeon to the kitchen only to find Chanyeol and Baekhyun heavily making out by the kitchen counter. "I'm thirsty" Junmyeon whines to Yifan. Realizing that there's company, Baekhyun slightly pushes Chanyeol away and pretended that nothing happened. "Hey hyung, are you okay? You don't look too good." Baekhyun brings Junmyeon over to one of the chairs while Yifan pours him a glass of water. "So," Yifan looks at the blushing Chanyeol. "Are you two together or what?" He points back and forth to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Seeing that none of them said anything, Yifan decided to congratulate them to make it more awkward. "See you later hyung!" Chanyeol makes his way to Baekhyun and drags him up the stairs to continue whatever they were doing before Yifan can say anything else. 
 
 Junmyeon has his head on the table and Yifan's hand was caressing his back. "How are you feeling?" Yifan asks with concern."Better, but my head hurts and the noise is not helping." Junmyeon tells him as he tries to block out the music. "You wanna go for some fresh air?" Yifan asks him and Junmyeon gives Yifan his hands to take him. Yifan has his right hand on Junmyeon's waist and Junmyeon's head on Yifan's chest as they were making their way to the backyard. Surprisingly, there were only a couple of people there and some of them look like they're about to head back in. Yifan found an empty spot by the swings and took Junmyeon there to sit. The wind was pretty strong that night and Junmyeon hugs himself tighter to keep all the heat in. Yifan took of his jacket and placed it around Junmyeon. They stayed in silence for a couple of minutes just enjoying each other's company. Junmyeon has his eyes closed while Yifan just stares at him. 
 
"Can I ask you a question?" Junmyeon still has his eyes closed. "Go ahead" Yifan tells him. "Why'd you start talking to me? I mean we only have one class together and we don't exactly hang out with the same people." Yifan snorts at Junmyeon's question but then he starts to wonder himself. "I don't know, maybe it's because I always end up on your radar for whatever misconduct you can think of." Yifan replies with a smile. "Well, you're the only one in our school who wears a leather jacket instead of the school blazer so" Junmyeon shot back at him and both of them starts to laugh. 
 
It's past midnight when they decided head back in, having nearly spent almost an hour by the swing and it's seriously getting too cold. They leave the backyard holding hands with Yifan's jacket still covering Junmyeon's body. The found an unoccupied guest room and slipped in there. Junmyeon sat with crossed legs on the bed while Yifan pulled a chair next to the bed. "I think I'm falling for you Wu Yifan." And just like that, Junmyeon closes the distance between them. Their foreheads were now touching and lips just inches away from each other. It's the alcohol, Junmyeon thinks. Yifan grabbed onto Junmyeon's neck to pull him closer to him and leans down to kiss Junmyeon. The kiss was so gentle at first but after a while Yifan kisses him harder, much more intense as if they're starting to open their heart to one another. Yifan's hands were now pressing Junmyeon down to the bed and Junmyeon works his way trying to Yifan's shirt. Yifan stopped Junmyeon's hands and broke away from the kiss, leaving Junmyeon very confused on the bed. "I- I can't do this" Yifan sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. "What's wrong? What do you mean?" Junmyeon's voice sounded so small. Yifan came over and sat beside Junmyeon, eyes never leaving the bed. "Look Junmyeon, before we actually began talking, I hated you a lot cause you always get me in trouble so the boys made fun of me and challenged me to get you to fall for me as a joke. But then I got to know you and I really like you and I should have never taken their dare in the first place." Junmyeon couldn't believe what he just heard and rose up from the bed. "You think this is a joke? Are you serious, Yifan?" "Jun.." "No! This is not okay, Yi fan. I actually liked you and I told you I was falling for you and you just pretended all this time?!" Junmyeon couldn't stop the tears that was building in his eyes. His heart hurts like crazy. "I trusted you!" Junmyeon screams at him and the tears are streaming down his face. "I honestly thought that maybe you were different and I was disappointed at myself for judging you. I never thought you'd hurt me like this" Junmyeon continues. Yifan tries to hold Junmyeon's hand but the younger pushed it away. "Stop, just stop." Junmyeon has his face in his hands, trying to stop himself from crying. "I'm sorry, Jun. I never meant for it to go this far and I wanted to tell you the truth earlier but I knew you'd push me away." Yifan confessed. "How can you just pretend to love someone-" "I never said I loved you." Yifan shot back and he regretted the second those words came out of his mouth. "Jun, I didn't mean it like that" Yifan tells him right away. "You know that's not what I meant, I, I care about you -" Junmyeon's heart shattered into millions of little pieces. He can't stay here anymore. He needs to get the hell away from here. From Yifan. "I understand." That's all Junmyeon said before wiping of his tears and left the room. Yifan, obviously shocked that Junmyeon left, stayed in the room for a couple of minutes before regaining his sanity and chased him. 
 
"Hyung what the hell happened? Why is Junmyeone hyung crying like that? What did you do?!" Chanyeol was looking at Yifan like he just committed a crime. "I can't talk right now, I need to find Junmyeon." Yifan tries to get passed Chanyeol but the guy wouldn't move. "Let me go, Chanyeol." Yifan threatens him. "No, hyung. Tell me what happened and I'll let you go." Yifan sighs before he tells Chanyeol everything. Up to the point where him and Junmyeon were about to sleep together. ".. Hyung, you messed up big time." Chanyeol tells him as if Yifan doesn't know. "Thank you captain obvious. Now that I told you, let me go." Yifan stands up to leave. 
 
It's really cold outside and Junmyeon's walking home alone and he can't stop crying. He stops by a bench and just sat there cause he can't breathe. His heart hurts too much. He could hear Yifan shouting his name and running after him so he stood up and started walking again. Yifan caught up with him in a dash but as soon as he got closer Junmyeon just flinched. "I don't need you to feel sorry for me. Just leave me alone, Yifan. Just go." Junmyeon didn't even look at him and left. Yifan couldn't follow him, not after he told him that. So he just stood there until Junmyeon was no longer in his view.