Tracking

Caught In Between

 

5 pm

 

It’s been 4 hours since Jongin was taken and Yifan’s doing all the best he can to get him back. Yifan concluded that whoever planned this must have had history with him. With the arrival of Tao and Yixing, the group is currently tracking activities of gang members around Seoul. Yifan’s personal investigator did a follow-up in less than 2 hours, informing Yifan about the licence plate, which in fact is not listed in any official record and therefore leading them to a dead end. 

 

With the new information, Yifan decided that it was best to not let Junmyeon know about it yet because he’s already had multiple breakdowns and Yifan doesn’t want to add more to his stress. Baekhyun and Jongdae stayed with Junmyeon while the rest move to Yifan’s room. Being the school’s number 1 delinquent, Yifan has pretty good connections with the underground world but he can’t think of anyone that would plan this. “Ge, I think I’ve got a lead on the baby’s mother” Yifan walked towards where Yixing was sitting and stared at the screen in front of him. Despite his constant blank face, Yixing is actually a real computer genius. Scratch that. He’s just amazing with technology. “My God, Xing, how did you get this?” Yifan asked, clearly amazed. “Well, I figured that your CCTV might show us something so I captured the woman’s face and scanned it.” Yixing doesn’t stop typing. “We just have to wait now.” 

 

The living room was quiet. Junmyeon’s hand clutched Jongin’s blanket while Baekhyun was beside him softly tapping him on the back while Jongdae was on the phone to his mom saying that he’ll be coming back late. “I just need him to be safe, Baek, I don’t know what to do I’m just-“ “I know, hyung” Hands still on Junmyeon’s back, Baekhyun really didn’t know what to do too. He’s just as shocked as he is. “We all want him to be safe” A few minutes passed and Junmyeon’s phone rings. Baekhyun took the initiative and answered the call. “Hello hyung” Baekhyun greeted the other person on the line ”Baekhyunah is that you? Where’s Junmyeon?” The muffled sound on the phone could be heard by the rest. Baekhyun mouthed that it was Minseok who called before Jongdae could ask,  “Hold on a second hyung,” Baekhyun handed the phone to Junmyeon, urging him to take it. “Oh hyung how are you?” Junmyeon tried his best to sound like he’s fine. He missed his brother and obviously wants to hear more from him, but the pain in his chest is making him wish for the phone call to be short. He doesn’t want to answer why he sounds like he’s breaking in the inside.

 

“What did Minseok hyung want?” Baekhyun asked once Junmyeon ended the call. “He’s just checking up on me since no one answered the house phone.” “Do you know when he’s gonna come back? Jongdae asked trying to distract Junmyeon. “In less than a week I think. His boyfriend is coming too.” Junmyeon replies half-heartedly. Sensing that Junmyeon getting sadder by the second, Jongdae offers to get Junmyeon some tea while Baekhyun’s continuously gives him a comforting pat. 

 

“Look’s like we’ve got a hit,” The screen showed 93% match and Yixing’s on fire. “It says there that her name is Shin Ah Young and she’s only 24.” Yixing proceeded to show Yifan what he got. "No address, no occupation, not even a family member listed. She’s too clean. Something’s not right.” Her data is basically non-existent and Yifan can’t help but think that there’s a bigger problem behind this. “What do you want me to do now, ge?” Yixing’s eyes not leaving Yifan. “I don’t know Xing, what can you do?” Yifan got a smirk as a reply and let Yixing do his thing. “Ge, I think we should ask for more assistance” Tao pipped up while his eyes are glued to his phone. “Namjoon and the boys are on their way,” Chanyeol informed him. “Taekwoon’s phone is off but I got a hold of Hakyeon. They’ll be here too.” Yifan gave them a silent nod and proceeded to go to Junmyeon, but before he could take a step, Yixing’s grabbing Yifan by the arm and showing him what was on the screen. Yixing managed to track down Shin Ah Young’s current location and Yifan’s already sending orders through his private investigator. “Tao, tell Namjoon to check out the place and make sure Taekwoon gets here ASAP. Get the car ready." Yixing follows Tao out and went straight to the car despite the weird looks from the three boys in the living room. “It’s going to be a really long day.” Yifan says to himself but Chanyeol gives a sad smile and a pat. Yifan returns the gesture. 

 

“I think I found Jongin’s mom but I’m not confirming anything yet because I don’t want to get your hopes up,” Junmyeon just squeeze Yifan’s hands tighter. “I know you want to come with me but I think it’s better for you to stay because if something happens to you I would never forgive myself.” “Yifan..” “Listen, Jun, I promised you I’ll get Jongin back so please believe in me. Whatever decision I make just trust me, okay? So please, stay here. Stay here and believe in me.” Yifan gave him a kiss long enough to feel Junmyeon’s hot tears hitting his own cheeks. This time Yifan doesn’t want to leave but Junmyeon’s little smile was all he needed. Baekhyun didn’t want to let go of his giant that easily but he knows that this is what his Yeol needs to do. “I’ll be back soon, Baek. Call me if anything happens okay? Hakyeon will be here soon.” Chanyeol gives his boyfriend a kiss as reassurance and just before he’s out of the door, he catches Baekhyun mouthing a ‘love you’. Without looking back, he runs to the waiting car. Sitting at the back, he gives Tao the signal to go and Yifan silently prays that they’ll find Jongin very soon and that his little boy is safe. 

 

Hey guys I'm seriously so sorry for not updating for centuries! I'm currently about to start my IB exams on Monday and I'm doing my best to give you guys at least another update! I hope everyone understands and will still follow this poorly written story :) And as usual, apologies for spelling, grammar and storyline (basically everything) bur feel free to leave comments! ☺︎☺︎