What do you mean?

Caught In Between

"Oh my god, why are you just coming back now?" Chanyeol half-screams at them. Chanyeol closed the door behind him, prohibiting Yifan and Junmyeon from entering the house. "Why is your face covered with bruises, Chanyeol? What's going on?" Yifan asked, clearly confused with the situation. "Is everything ok?" Junmyeon has his hands on Chanyeol's face, examining the darkening blue bruises. Chanyeol flinches from the touch and proceeded to look at the ground. "About 10 minutes after you guys left, we were just playing with Jongin in the living room and there was a knock on the door. I obviously went up and see who it was, thinking that it was you guys, but turned out it was a cop." He paused for a moment and tooke a deep breath, "Or so i thought it was." "What do you mean?" Yifan's eyes went wide, lines appearing on his forehead. Junmyeon gripped Yifan's arms as to prepare himself for what Chanyeol has to say next. "Guys, they took the baby."

1 pm

Junmyeon locked himself in the bathroom, leaving the tap running on purpose to help him hide his cries. Yifan knows better though, so he waits for him outside, sitting down on the floor with his back against the door and his head in his hands. When they first heard, Yifan didn't know what to do, he was completely shocked. Couldn't say anything, couldn't breathe either for a few seconds. Junmyeon, on the other hand, rushed inside the house, hoping to see Jongin in Baekhyun's arms but he knows that the baby's long gone now. His baby. Unable to control his emotions, Junmyeon drops to the floor and starts to cry. Yifan came over slowly, processing what he just heard, but the sight of Junmyeon crying made his heart week. He gently picks up the younger boy and holds him close. His tears are threathening to spill, but he knows he can't show this side to Junmyeon. Not when he has to be the strong one. Chanyeol didn't go inside, he couldn't. He should have fought harder, it's his fault that things are like this now, he thinks. The weather's harsh outside, and the cold is already creeping in but he didn't move, until Baekhyun came over and gently tugs at his hand. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun has his arms wraped around his boyfriend's waist, hoping to make him feel a little bit better. The taller male didn't say anything but responded to his boyfriend's action by hugging him back. They stayed in silence for a while until he persuaded him to go inside. The bathroom door is still unopen, but the sound of running water stopped. Junmyeon's cry could no longer be heard but his sniffles were still apparent. Yifan got up to promptly make a phone call and head to where the living room is. After a while. Junmyeon finally left the bathroom with swollen eyes and tear-stained cheeks. He headed to where the rest of the group was. 

The two couples we're sitting across each other. The tension is obviously thick but they need to know all the details, and hopefully figure out where they took little baby Jongin. Baekhyun explained how his boyrfriend tried to block the 'cop' from entering but that earned him a punch right on the face. He was about to get up and go to Chanyeol but he remembered that he was holding Jongin. He also said how the baby sensed that something wasn't right so he started to wail and Baekhyun secured Jongin on his hips, hoping to keep the baby safe, but the guy went over and snatched the baby from Baekhyun and kicked him to the floor. Chanyeol contributed by telling them how he tried to chace the car but it sped up right away, but he was quick enough to take a picture of the car's registration plate. During the whole discussion, Yifan has his hands on Junmyeon's back. Constantly caressing him, giving forehead kisses here and there, just to try and help him ease the pain. Junmyeon has no energy left in him, he placed his head on Yifan's chest, trying so hard not to to cry again. "I just want you two to understand that none of this is your fault okay? These things are beyond our control and whoever did this must have kept an eye on me for a while so do not beat yourself up. I'm sorry for not arriving sooner or answering your call, it's my fault." Yifan kissed Junmyeon's forehead once more and stood up to go to his room. Knowing Yifan, Junmyeon told the duo to let him be and just to give him is space like he did for Junmyeon. 

"Are you sure you can track this bastard down?" Yifan growled into the phone. "I don't care how much it costs, just get it done and report to me every 2 hours, you understand?" The call was ended before a reply could be heard. Reporting this to the police would be the most reasonable thing, but Jongin's data is non-existent and he only has a picture of the licence plate. It's not enough to convince the police it's an urgent matter, plus his private investigator works much more faster. He makes another phone call but to a different person this time. "I'm sorry if you're busy but can you bring the others to my place now? It's important. I'll tell you everything when you're here just hurry up." Junmyeon entered the room once the call ended. Yifan opened his arms to let the younger boy snuggle up to him. Jongin's pacifier and blanket is still on Yifan's bed. He grabs Jongin' blanket and smelled it. Seeing it makes Junmyeon's heart break, he just wants his baby to be back. Safe and sound. "I'm really worried, Yifan. What if something happens to him? I can't let him get hurt, I just can't-" Yifan hugs him tighter. "I know, Jun, I know. I'm scared too. But we'll find him, and bring him home. I promise." Yifan holds him a little bit longer. 

There's a knock at Yifan's front door, and he went to get it. Junmyeon couldn't see who it was at first but, Jongdae's worried face appeared soon after. Jongdae was the first person to enter the house, followed by Yixing and Tao. "What happened, ge?" It was Tao who spoke first and Yifan urged them to take a seat. "It's a long story and I'll get to that later but what's important right now is I really need all the help I can get." 

 

 

 

super short update! hope you guys like it! i'll be having exams soon and my uni applications are still not done yet so it'll take some time for the next chapter to be up, but please do continue to read the story! p.s. sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes i'll check it properly when im not busy ☺︎☺︎