Two

Idyllic Oblivion

"..What?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself." Kris pulled at his dark hair. 

Kyungsoo brought his hands up to the table and buried his chin into his arms, showing only his big eyes. They were like crystal, almost as if he wanted to cry, but he didn't. 

Jongin looked at the small boy hunched over. He really did seem helpless. Unfortunately, no one knew of his whereabouts. 

"He'll get his memory eventually." He growled. 

Kris shook his head in disapproval. He seemed to have lost the mood to talk, only using facial expressions and hand gestures to respond. 

Sehun glumly glanced at Kyungsoo. He was unsure of who to agree with. Both his friends had good reasons, whether to keep the small boy or not. 

"We'll let him decide." The youngest spoke up, surprising the others. He wasn't one to get himself involved in such. 

Kyungsoo looked up at the suggestion. Kris sent him a sympathetic look, Jongin merely sighing as if he already knew his decision. 

"I-I want to stay. I have nowhere to go."

Jongin strained his knuckles, horrifying Kyungsoo as he watched the blood flow out, turning the skin white. 

"You don't know that, Kyungsoo."

"Oh no. I can assure you that I have no where to stay." His answers were monotone and simple, showing so indication of even the most common emotions. 

"The boy wants to stay Jongin." Kris stepped closer, making his friend lean back in fear. "Leave him alone."

Jongin his lips, trying to forget that he had just been intimated by Kris. There was no way to convince him that Kyungsoo needed to go, and that he couldn't keep him forever. He gave up, then leaned back in his chair, throwing various glares at his Chinese friend. 

"Even if I did remember, I wouldn't want to go back anyways." Kyungsoo spoke again, this time with more confidence. Kris looked back with a shocked look. 

"W-why?"

"Because you treat me well. It's not everyday someone picks up a random person on the street because they don't seem right."

"Which he shouldn't have done in the first place." Jongin grumbled under his breath, suddenly hurting the other boy's feelings. Kyungsoo gazed at him with his eyebrows angled downwards. He was starting to like him less. 

"But then who else would've helped me?"

"Someone with an authorized license." The tanned boy knew Kyungsoo didn't like him, and the tables were beginning to turn dramatically. His sad expression wasn't getting to him as easily. "I'm pretty sure this is illegal."

"Forget it. It's over now." The three heard Kris bark. "Leave Kyungsoo alone."

Sehun sighed heavily, fiddling with his fingers. Kris and Jongin fought easily and often, causing their youngest friend to be caught in the middle of their constant bickering. He was always unsure of how to stop it, any more prevent it. 

Kyungsoo was upset now. The conversation of being unable to remember anything was beginning to bother him fairly well. His cheeks were full of air as he puffed it out every now and then. He played with the long sleeves hung over his hands, avoiding Jongin's angry stare. There was no courage in him to confront him about it, so the boy left it alone, listening to the sound of Kris's loud cooking.

"I'm sorry." He suddenly murmured, grabbing everyone's attention. 

Jongin squinted his eyes. "What for?"

"For being such a trouble. It was never my intention to get in the way of anything."

"No. Kyungsoo, you're fine." Kris felt a wave of guilt wash over him, yet to be drained. He threw a look at Jongin, who seemed equally concerned. 

"I-It's my fault. Don't worry." Jongin his lips, knowing that that's what Kris was waiting for him to do. No matter how much he knew that he didn't want to, Jongin apologized anyways. 

"It's not your fault. I know what you're trying to do here." Kyungsoo gave a crooked smile. "But I'm okay. I was only saying sorry."

Sehun cocked his eyebrow. This boy was very intellectual and modest; it seemed unreal. He seemed too sweet to be bugged.

"So you don't know what happened before you woke up?" The youngest stammered, leaning in closer to Kyungsoo.

"No."

"Sehun..." The Chinese boy spoke heavily, making the other scrunch back to his seat with a whine.

Kyungsoo tenderly poked his lips. They weren't swollen and aching anymore, and he was thankful for that. Jongin pulled his hand away to inspect the pink lips that suddenly grew hot. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just my lips were swollen earlier, and aching. The pain is gone now, thanks for your concern."

"What? What did Kris do to you?" Jongin pulled back. Kris turned back with a rude expression. 

"He didn't do anything. I woke up at the hotel like that." Kyungsoo put his fingers over his lips in embarrassment. His face began to rush blood throughout, making him turn red rather quickly. There was no right way to hide it, allowing everyone to see. Jongin pulled the small hand back once again. 

"Did you really? Why are you so red?" His voice was whiny and callous, very much bothering the other. 

"I just don't like them." Kyungsoo now had his whole hand covering the pink, plump lips, mentally pleading that the game of 20 questions would end. 

Jongin's gentle smile returned, pulling away the hand for the third time, holding onto the small fingers and rubbing the tips against his own. 

"Don't be like that. Your lips are cute."

Kyungsoo flinched at the comment. Was he trying to play nice now? 

Kris was equally stressed at his compliment. He had no appreciation towards Jongin's kindness pointed at Kyungsoo, just he didn't know why he was so bothered by something so small. It was definitely had to ignore, but if he tried to intervene, he could promote some unneeded attention. Sehun was not exactly a quiet kid, in fact, he never kept a secret, knowing that he could be easily forgiven, his youth and charisma holding a large role in his advantages. 

Looking back, Kyungsoo was pink now, his pale skin brightening the lush shade blushing his cheeks. Jongin was staring intensely into the large eyes, as Sehun amused his child demeanor with finger tricks. 

The oldest gritted his teeth together. Kyungsoo could feel the stares on him, both from Jongin and Kris. It was not the most comfortable feeling in the world, as he shyly looked down and softly smiled in embarrassment. 

"I'm hungry..." He spoke at once, Kris instantly reacting to his sentence. 

"Really? Do you want to have some cookies while you wait?"

Kyungsoo nodded with a larger grin. Sehun harshly hit the table with a strained fist. 

"What? Why don't I get any cookies? You're my hyung!"

"Sehun, you're perfectly capable of getting your own. Kyungsoo is our guest." Kris smirked while reaching into his cabinet with a long arm, as Kyungsoo excitedly watched him reach for the small blue box of chocolate cookies, and place them in front of the boy who eagerly took hold of the box.

He cutely placed a small cookie in his mouth, then gladly handed one to Sehun. The blonde cracked a smile. 

"Thank you." He ravenously ate the treat, while Kyungsoo nibbled. Jongin smiled at the kindness, and without warning, pushed Kyungsoo's hair back as Kris turned away from the table. 

Kyungsoo slowly backed away as the hand came in contact with his head, but eventually adjusted to the feeling, staying put and closing his eyes. 

"Your eyes are pretty." Jongin whispered, drawing his hand back from the red hair. Kyungsoo looked up and nodded. 

"The whites of my eyes are big."

"Well yes, but it really suits you. You look like a baby penguin."

They all heard a loud bang of metal against the sink as soon as the compliment was said, causing everyone to turn at Kris, who seemed the most responsible for the noise. The oldest looked down at the door with a fierce expression, only the side of his slim body showing towards the table. Sehun cocked an eyebrow and his lips. 

"What's with you?"

Kris flinched uncomfortably at the question, completely ignoring it, then proceeded to continue the steak the loudly popped inside the black pan. Kyungsoo sadly looked him down, placing another cookie in his mouth with a steady hand. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, wiping the crumbs on his fingers with his sleeves, hoping that his full mouth would be excused. Kris paused and softened that Kyungsoo was the one to ask about his whereabouts. The Chinese male slightly smirked, then nodded, catching a quick glimpse of Kyungsoo's content expression towards his response. Jongin narrowed his eyes, but then chose not to speak, for he knew very well of Kris's inability to mix with being dominant and having to compete with another. It was simply a smarter choice to let the older get his way rather than fighting him for something ridiculous. 

Sehun reached over across the table grabbing, the isolated box of cookies that were no longer in Kyungsoo's hands. 

"You're taking to long hyung." Their young friend pouted. Kris released a cocky smirk, then turned around with an empty plate in his large hand. He set it in front of his maknae friend. 

"Eat up." Kris joked, and set two full plates in front of Kyungsoo and Jongin. Sehun gaped at the empty glass.

"Kris!" The blonde yelled out, startling Kyungsoo and causing him to jump back. The addressed boy let out his trademark hiss, lazily setting Sehun's streak onto the white plate. The youngest nodded in approval, then began to eat away at the fatty protein. Kyungsoo watched in awe at the way the steak was slowly disappearing. 

Jongin traded his plate with Kyungsoo's, which had been neatly cut into bite size cubes. Kyungsoo gladly accepted the dish, taking a slow bite, and smiling at his delicious it tasted. Kris but his lower lip, then allowed himself to take his own seat beside Sehun. 

"Is it good?" He asked, not taking notice of the sight nervousness in his deep voice. Kyungsoo nodded, but didn't dare look up, for he was too busy filing up his mouth with the sautéed assortment of vegetables. Kris grinned warmly. 

"I'm glad you like it. So what do you plan on doing while you're here?"

Kyungsoo paused, as well as for Jongin. They both looked up simultaneously from their dishes at the oldest at the table. 

"I-I don't know. If there's any way I can get a job to pay you back for keeping me here, I'll gladly take up the offer."

Kris frantically shook his head at the request. 

"No.. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of you without receiving any form of payback." Kris spoke with confidence, smirking as he eyed the large house. "If you couldn't tell."

"But I can't stay here doing whatever I please. That's just inhumane."

Sehun nodded. 

"He can go to school. After all, the district here is pretty prestigious." The maknae spoke with a full mouth, earning him a smack to the head which he had expected, and decided not to fight back. 

Jongin approved, grinning at Kyungsoo with gleaming eyes. He set down his fork and set his attention towards Kris. 

"That's a great idea actually. You think your dad could get him in?"

"Probably. I don't see why not." Kris coolly fixed up his blazer, hiding the excitement that he held. The thought of attending school with Kyungsoo began to make him rather jumpy. 

"School?" Kyungsoo questioned, eyebrows furrowing. "Why would I need to go to school?"

"How old are you Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked. 

Kyungsoo looked down, his face showing that he was clearly having a difficult time remembering. His fingers began to count numbers, one by one, until his little head popped up in amusement. 

"I'm 19."

"19? That makes you my hyung. I was convinced you would be the youngest here."

Sehun took a large sip from his water bottle, and set it down with a choked gag. Water flew from his lips, spraying onto the table, directly in front of Kyungsoo's dish. The big eyed boy flinched as Sehun laughed loudly at Jongin's previous statement. 

"Are you serious? He looks like a baby, but he acts like a heir to the throne. He makes you look like a rabid dog."

Jongin inhaled sharply, grabbing his knife and threateningly pointing it at Sehun with a smirk. 

"Watch that mouth of yours Hun." He growled. Kris nodded stressfully, and motioned for Jongin to set down the cutlery before things got messy. He reluctantly obeyed, slowly returning to his meal. Kyungsoo nervously chewed, finding himself having a rough time with breaking down the meat. His eyebrows furrowed in what looked like pain. 

Kris frowned. 

"Is it not good?" He asked, whereas Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"It's tough." Kyungsoo picked at his puffy cheeks to massage his gums. "It hurts my teeth."

Sehun silently cooed at the baby demeanor that their new friend showed. Kris shot him a death glare before taking hold of Kyungsoo's plate and setting it away. 

"I'm sorry. The other two here are usually used to my steak being rough than tender, it's how I've always cooked it. But you need to eat. How about you look around the pantry and tell me if you have anything in mind?" Kris offered sweetly. Kyungsoo beamed, as he slowly and carefully allowed himself off the chair, his cute toes curling up against the cold tile. He waddled over to said pantry and opened it up. Despite his limp, Kyungsoo happily eyes the array of snacks inside, until he heard Jongin clear his throat. 

"Kyungsoo? Are you limping?" He asked, picking at his tooth with a wince. Kyungsoo looked at him with dilated pupils, then shrugged. 

"Am I?" The red haired boy questioned back, tilting his head at the odd question. He hasn't really paid attention to himself since Kris brought him over to his house. 

"You just were. Are you hurt?"

Kris and Sehun both looked at Kyungsoo, now all eyes were on him. The youngest at the table adjusted himself into the seat so his body was pointing at the short boy, and bit his lower lip. 

"Limping? Why are you limping?" He asked. Kris stood up, walking over to Kyungsoo, who stood completely still in utter confusion. The older motioned for him to walk to the couches. Much to his surprise, Kyungsoo did indeed have a limp, and the boy noticed the pain just at that moment. He let out a very soft cry before pausing directly after, surprising Kris and the others fairly well. Sehun cringed at the way Kyungsoo immediately bent down to relieve the striking pain around his lower waist, and stood up from his seat to help him, where Jongin did the same.

"What's wrong with you?!" Kris asked, his voice booming and startling everyone around. "You didn't tell me you were hurt."

"..I know. I haven't noticed until now." Kyungsoo said, feeling Sehun and Jongin help him back up to his feet. 

"Something happened to toy at the hotel, Kyungsoo. And were going to have to find out." 

"I really don't want to do that.."

"Kyungsoo, don't you think it's for the better? What if you're sick, but you can't remember because of being so sick? You could be seriously ill right now, so I insist that you have yourself checked." Kris said sharply, making Kyungsoo purse his lips in disappointment. The small boy drew back from the other two with a frown, and went to to Kris with crystal eyes. 

"I was drugged. That's all I can remember for you right now."

Kris gaped at the statement. Why hasn't Kyungsoo said anything earlier? This poor, frail boy, with not even the slightest remembrance of himself, got mercilessly drugged and . How was he so calm if he knew? A sane person would do something about this, instead of ignore it, but Kyungsoo choose the wrong path. He didn't even want another's help, he just wanted to forget about it so he can continue a normal life. 

Jongin stared intensely at Kyungsoo, who was now looking down with a black and emotionless expression written on the pale face. He grew a liking to the boy, but he didn't know what to think anymore. Sehun, on the other hand, was not paying attention to the dilemma, instead rummaging through Kris's pantry in search of more food. 

"..How.. c-could you just let that go? You have to do something about it!" Kris screamed, a little louder than anyone expected. Kyungsoo finched back, and gritted his teeth together. 

"I don't want to do anything about it!" This was the first time they had seen Kyungsoo with emotion. "I'll go back when I get my memory back. I just want to live normally right now!"

"Excuse you, but no one is going to live normally because of you. Just the thought-"

"Of what? Me being touched? What do you care, I'm just someone you picked up off the street. Is it that difficult to just let it go, rather than try to get involved?"

"You have to get involved. You have no idea what the danger of this situation is, and that's what bothers me the most!" Kris's voice rose. 

"Fine then! I'll handle it myself!" Kyungsoo shouted, his voice stressed but somehow at the sane time melodious. Jongin stared at the two, wide eyed, unsure of how to stop the argument. Something told him that it was not smart to meddle, but he told himself that if this didn't stop, everyone would end up upset later on. 

With the final yell, Kyungsoo triumphantly marched to the door, nothing to shield him from the weather outside. Only the thin pajamas the Kris changed him into earlier, but that was beside the point. 

Kris followed quickly, and grabbed his new companion by the shoulders. 

"Wait! Where do you think you're going? Do you have any idea how cold it is it there?"

Kyungsoo shook the hands off before taking his first step out.

"Not as cold as it is in here."