One

Idyllic Oblivion

Pain. 

Is that really all you could feel in one moment? Scratchy lines streaking through your sight, almost like static. Hands shaking and legs like jello. Lips swollen and puffy, aching to the slightest touch. A thick taste in your mouth, something so unbearable it seems impossible to get rid of. It seems too unreal. 

Scent was his only upside to the situation. Was it lavender? No. Roses? 

The smell was gone now. His only feeling was pain radiating from his skull, and a loud 'thump' hitting against the inside of his brain. That's what it is. A heartbeat. At least he knew he was alive.

His eyelids were heavy, almost impossible to open. He was convinced that they had been glued together, until he finally ripped them apart forcefully. It would be a lie if he said it didn't hurt. 

It was painfully clear that he was sprawled out on a bed. Regardless, it was comfortable, but he had a hard time recollecting his past memories. There was no indication that he was forced into anything; the first thing he suspected. The room had an uncanny resemblance to a hotel. Yellow florescent lamp lights illuminated throughout the room, giving a more chilling atmosphere. 

Kyungsoo looked down. He was . The only thing that he could consider clothing was the thin strip of velvet cloth that was loosely tied along his inner thigh. 

"Wha-" The poor boy stammered, struggling to stand on his feet. Looking around, there seemed to be no live presence, thankfully. Kyungsoo breathed heavily, clutching onto the bed sheets to cover his exposed body, ignoring the aching pain rushing through his lower half. There was a delicate linger floating around him, close to the scent of cologne. So there was a boy here.

The crippled boy had a difficult time walking around, with the pain in his head and bottom, not to mention the unanswered questions rushing through his head. Why was he here? What happened before he end up here? Where was everyone? 

There was not much to see in the room, except a small paper boat set on the small glass table beside the doorway. Kyungsoo carefully creeped over to the paper figurine with confusion clouding him. 

The paper boat had some small lettering written on it. Kyungsoo unfolded the boat, anticipating what was to come. 

Good morning. 

That was it? 

Kyungsoo crumpled up the paper, then threw it onto the bed out of anger. Nothing was helping. He woke up in am ordinary hotel room, , with no one around. It was morning, and only a sliver of sunlight shone through the curtain, which was really bothersome. He preferred natural light. 

Thankfully, some clothes were hung neatly on a nearby chair. Kyungsoo threw off the bed sheet wrapped around him and proceeded to change into the fresh clothes. Before he knew it, his small body was hugged comfortably with a striped sweater. His legs were a little tight with the jeans, but he ignored it. He had no time to wonder who left these four him, all he wanted was to get out.

Slipping into some fuzzy sandals by the doorway, he peeked out the door. He was right. It was a hotel. 

What? Why was he in a hotel?

Passing customers and staff stared at the small head peeking out of the occupied room. Kyungsoo took a cautious step out, anticipating the pain that was to strike through his bottom half. Groaning, the pained boy continued his venture into the hotel lobby. 

The lobby was fairly large, with modern glass windows that shined a gray glare into the luxurious hotel atmosphere. It was busy, with all sorts of people rummaging throughout. They paid no attention to Kyungsoo's odd way of walking, and he was thankful for that. 

Outside was surprisingly cold. Kyungsoo was so used to the warm air inside the hotel, and after waking up, he had no recollection of the weather. Puffs of crystal snow softly settled on his eyelashes, until they were blown off into the wind, after he blinked in annoyance.   

The thin sheet of snow began to melt under his feet, soaking through the material of his slipper. His feet temperature began to sink dramatically, causing him to feel dizzy. He grabbed the metal stair railing in order to aid himself from falling. 

I have to find somewhere to stay. Kyungsoo swallowed. Lifting each numb leg, he staggered through the cloudy, gray weather, that became increasingly heavier. He was starting to regret leaving the hotel room, but he refused to stay. 

"Sir?" He heard a deep voice echo throughout his ear as his eyes began to close in order to shield himself from the harsh weather. 

Kyungsoo felt a hand pull him lightly from his upper arm. The only thought came into his head, alarming him instantly: someone was trying to kidnap him. It was easy too, for he was in a weak state and was having trouble seeing at least a five feet radius in front of himself. Unfortunately, there was no real strength left inside him; it had all been emptied out. 

Damn weather. He cursed to himself, trying to pull his arm away from the grip. He was most successful, but he was grabbed once again, this time with two hands around his waist. But, a wave of relief washed over him as he was caught before falling over face first into the concrete snow. 

"Sir!" The voice blasted again, but this time, a little more muffled. His face was smashed against another body, possibly pushing it. The body fell backwards, bringing Kyungsoo along with it. 

Why was it so hard to move around? 

Kyungsoo groaned against the silk material that squished is face. 

"Sir.. are you okay?" His mysterious savior stood him up carefully. 

"N-no. I'm not." He felt the need to be brutally honest. Anger boiled inside him for being so stupid as to trap himself inside such a dilemma. It felt like he was in a simulation of a drunk.

"I'm going to help you. Where do you live?"

Nowhere. 

"I don't live anywhere."

"What?! Why are you out here like this? I'm going to take you to my place." The stranger wrapped Kyungsoo's arm around his shoulder for support. The smaller boy put up a fight, but soon gave up, realizing that no one cared where he would go. There was no one to look for him. If he were to get murdered, the only person to be at his funeral would be himself. 

"Let me go!" The boy let out a cry of distress as he felt himself get lifted up and put into a closed area, judging by the sudden warmth of the atmosphere. It was the smell of a new car. 

"Just a few minutes." The man spoke, the last thing he heard before shutting himself down. 

 

 

~

 

 

Was he dreaming? 

Hm. He could smell food. 

Kyungsoo stirred in his bed, cuddling the blanket into an embrace while sniffing the aroma surrounding him. It was so comfortable. 

"Sir."

That voice again. Who was that? 

Kyungsoo stood up instantly from his bed, coming directly face to face with a rather handsome figure. He wore a sharp suit, complimenting his broad shoulders and slim chin. That didn't excuse the fact that he was a stranger, causing the boy to let out a soft yelp and jump back, hitting his head against the wall behind him. 

"Watch out!" The man called out, pulling him back. 

"Where... am I?"

"You passed out. Why weren't you wearing anything warmer? You could've died out there."

What? Why was this person so worried about his well being? 

"I..."

"Don't worry about it. Here. I made you some soup. Do you have a name?"

Kyungsoo gladly took the streaming bowl with his hands. He fiddled with the spoon, drowning the kimchi that floated in the broth. 

"Kyungsoo."

The handsome male smirked. "I'm Kris."

"Hello Kris."

The two sat awkwardly in silence, but the younger quietly sipped his soup, avoiding the heavy stare on him. He look up from the bowl. 

"Thank you." He spoke, thinking that that's what Kris was wanting. 

Kris did not avert his stare. Instead, he continued to glue his eyes on the boy. His expression was blank, but it fit him fairly well.

"Kris?"

The latter blinked rapidly, realizing that he had been maybe a little too focused on his new visitor. 

"Um- we changed you into some fresh clothes. You got mud on them."

Kyungsoo pursed his lips and lifted up the blanket to eye his new attire. So they did. He was changed in a baggy sweatshirt with a matching pair of pajama pants. 

"Oh. Thank you." This man undressed him. The thought of that made him cringe. 

Kris scooted closer. "You were wearing something on your thigh.." He spoke, lifting up the velvet strip that Kyungsoo carelessly ignored earlier that day. The boy took it with dilated pupils. 

"I woke up with it on."

"I see. Where did you wake up?"

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, having a hard time trying to remember. 

"I think the hotel. Where you found me."

Kris nodded. "Okay." He timidly set away the tray when Kyungsoo set down his bowl. "I'm going to go. Call me if you need anything." With that, the tall boy walked out. 

Kyungsoo now sat alone in the soft bed, curling his toes against the sheets. Looking around, Kris seemed to be somewhat rich. The room was modern yet luxurious, with large windows and glossy furniture. 

Using his still weak legs, the small figure stood up from the bed, letting his sleeves fall over his hands and his pants cover his tiny feet. Curious, he walked around the room, noticing that it came complete with a large bathroom. 

Kyungsoo stared at his reflection in the mirror. His hair was a deep red, with dark tips at his side. Each strand delicately flew up like fire, which confused him; he didn't recall having an exotic hair color. 

He waddled out of the bathroom, and peeked out the door like he did back at the hotel. The hallway was empty, giving him the thought that it was safe to go outside. 

"Kris?" The boy whispered, hoping he was allowed to wander around. 

No answer. Kyungsoo shrugged, then began his venture. 

The large house was empty, but was as nice as the room he woke up in. Although it was only one floor, it was wide and clean. There was a delicate scent of cinnamon lingering the air. Smiling, Kyungsoo pranced around more quickly, as if the house was his own. 

He was paused during his adventure as Kris walked into him, both boys letting out a pained grunt when coming into contact. The taller grabbed his new friend by the wrist. 

"What are you doing? You need rest."

Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"I'm not tired."

"Well, I should take you home. Where do you live?"

"I don't live anywhere. I woke up in a hotel with no recollection of my past."

Kris narrowed his eyes and angled his eyebrows in confusion at his response. 

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know." Kyungsoo gave a crooked frown, keeping his replies short and simple. 

The older let out a stressed sigh. What was he going to do with this kid? Maybe he could keep him, but he might have a family looking for him, worried sick. He could've hit his head and lost his memory. He could've been lying in order to live a better lifestyle. 

"Kid, I'm not paying around. We need to get you home." Kris pushed back the red hair, embracing the soft feeling against his fingers as Kyungsoo closed his eyes at the touch. 

"I don't have a home."

Kris gave up. The boy was not going to speak, regardless. 

"Right. Come here." He led the smaller into a large living room and gave him a remote. "You like TV, right?"

Kyungsoo nodded, liking the direction of which this was going. 

"You can watch it. All you want. I'm going to go out, so when you hear me come back, just say you're a cousin and you're visiting. My friends would never let go of it if they found out I found you on a street."

That's when Kyungsoo's smile disappeared. Lie for him? He couldn't do such. Instead of admitting to his modesty, he nodded, earning another hand pushing his hair back. He was starting to get used to it more. 

"Good. If you're hungry, you can only have snacks. Please don't cook while I'm not here." Kris swallowed, then creeped out the door with hesitation. 

Kyungsoo was alone again. The feeling of isolation didn't confuse him as much anymore. He faced the fact that he knew no one, and Kris was the only person he had a loose connection with. But that was okay. Kris want a bad person. 

He channel surfed throughout, finding no interest in any of the options. He simply left the TV on, then went to look through the kitchen

Kyungsoo felt an urge to cook. Kris had so many different foods and supplies, it was like a chef's dream. Unfortunately, he was not given the ability to cook with his new friend around, and abandoned the kitchen with sorrow. 

The fact that the house was big really had a positive impact, but the temperature inside was so cold. Kyungsoo found a basket full of blankets inside the bathroom cabinet, then proceeded to wrap himself like a caterpillar. A large grin grew on his face as he plopped onto the couch, cuddling up against the cushion. There was emotional feeling inside him for sure after knowing that he had no one to love, but he understood that worrying about it too much could affect him negatively, and ignored it, hoping that he could forget that fact. He could bond with Kris, and try to live a normal lifestyle. After all, he had no memory. He had nothing to worry about that was important. 

He had no idea how long he had been cuddled up inside the blanket. It was until then that he heard the door open, and the clatter of expensive shoes hitting against the marble floor. 

Back already? Kyungsoo thought. He his his face with the blanket. 

"You left your TV on." A loud voice echoed throughout the high ceiling. "I'm going to watch it." The voice spoke again. 

Kyungsoo could hear the voice come closer as it spoke, until he felt a large object set right on his body. 

"Agh!" The boy cried, feeling the weight pressure onto him more heavily by the second. Luckily, it was lifted up, and a girlish scream came complete with the relief. 

"AHH!" The same voice yelled out. It was clearly a guy. "KRIS, YOUR DAMN HOUSE IS HAUNTED!" He continued his obnoxious cries, then threw off the blanket from Kyungsoo's still recovering body. 

"What?!" 

"Shut up Sehun-" Kris came walking in with another male, but paused when he saw Kyungsoo wide eyed, crouched against the corner of his couch, and Sehun holding the blanket with an equal expression. 

"Kris, what's going on?" The other male questioned, watching the tiny figure on his friend's couch shiver uncontrollably. 

"H-He's my cousin. Don't scare him Sehun. He's shy."

Sehun inched closer to the small boy, his grin growing wider. 

"You're so cute." He cooed, slightly insulting Kyungsoo. "How old are you?"

"I'm not his cousin!" Kyungsoo yelled out, grabbing back his blanket in fear, surprising Kris. 

"Kyungsoo!"

"I don't want to lie." He sank lower into the material of the couch, hearing Kris slam something down onto the counter.

"Kris.." His other friend asked again, looking at Kyungsoo weirdly. 

"Okay fine. I found him in front of my dad's hotel. But look at him. He doesn't have anywhere to go. I'm not going to leave him out in that kind of weather. Sehun fell on his earlier because of the ice. Jongin and Sehun, this is Kyungsoo."

Jongin walked over beside Sehun, and watched the small figure stare at them. They both found him to be extremely cute, but easily intimated, so the duo made cautious movements. 

"Hi Kyungsoo." Jongin waved with a sweet smile. Kyungsoo didn't respond. 

"Leave him alone." Kris ordered, pointing all the attention to him. "I might have lied about him being my cousin but he's shy."

"But he's so cute. If I could just give one hug-" Sehun walked closer, a little too fast for Kyungsoo's liking. He jumped off the couch and towards Kris, who brought him into a embrace. 

"Oh Sehun!" The older barked.

"Oh Sehun!" The maknae mocked, then walked over to the table. "I'm hungry."

"Make your own damn food." Jongin walked over, still watching Kyungsoo hide. His posture read courage but his face read fear. "Did the kid eat yet?"

Kris looked back. Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"You need to eat. I'll cook something for everyone."

"I don't want to eat with them." The small boy swallowed. He had just been sat on, and there was no need to eat with his attacker. 

"They're not bad Kyungsoo. Trust me."

Kyungsoo looked at the two. They stared back, Sehun with gentle eyes and Jongin with a sweet smile. Wow, they were as handsome as Kris. Nodding in approval, he didn't break eye contact. 

"Nice. I'm going to make steak. Is that okay with everyone?"

"When did you get so nice Kris? What happened to the cold city boy inside you?" Sehun joked, laughing at his remark. His friend hissed at him, putting and end to his laugh fest almost instantly.

"Will you shut up? I'm providing you with a nice lunch and here you are picking on me. You almost sit on the boy too, so if you don't want to eat, you can just say."

Sehun pursed his lips and nodded, muttering a quiet 'okay'.

Jongin pat the seat next to him, motioning for Kyungsoo to sit down. 

"Come sit down Kyungsoo. We're not bad people."

Kris scoffed at the comment, but his friend ignored it. Kyungsoo let go of Kris's arm, and walked closer to Jongin, thinking that he might be just a little more than the blonde brute that sat on the other side. Jongin smiled when he finally sat down. 

"So what happened? How did Kris find you?"

"I woke up. In a hotel room. I can't remember anything, but that's okay."

"What? What if someone is out there looking for you?"

"I'm pretty sure no one is."

Silence.

"Did you hurt your head or something?"

"I don't know."

"Were you assaulted?"

"I don't know."

Kris slammed a plate in the center of the table, making the three jump. 

"Talk about something else." He ordered, his hostile demeanor showing. Jongin stood up in response. 

"Yifan, this boy can have a family looking for him right now. Don't you think it's right to look for them?"

No. Kyungsoo thought. 

Kris cringed that his real name was used. 

"He already said that he doesn't have anywhere to go."

"But we don't know that. Kyungsoo is so delicate, don't put him through this."

Kyungsoo drew a look of uncertainty. He enjoyed being with Kris, although he had just met him a few hours ago. Besides, he didn't have anyone to love, and he knew that. 

"He's staying here."

"No he's not. We're going to find his family."

"Jongin stay out of it." Kris was desperate to defend him and Kyungsoo. Something in his head wasn't willing to let the smaller go, and if he were to, there would be a large hole in him that couldn't be filled. He was convinced Kyungsoo was the perminate solution to the loneliness.

"I.." Kris began. 

"I think I need Kyungsoo."

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

First chapter up. It's longer than my usual chapters, so excuse if the ones in the future are just a tad bit shorter. 

My writing is weak; after reading through my stories I've realized that the pace is too fast, there's too much dialogue, and the detail I use isn't strong. But, I've been trying to improve that. 

Subs and votes are very much appreciated. 

Also, I will not be able to update often, with my dad wanting me to study often and the other stories I also write, so if you are impatient, I suggest you do not subscribe. Thanks.