Three

Idyllic Oblivion

Déjà vu. Yes. That's exactly what Kyungsoo felt now. He was in the exact situation as he was earlier that faithful morning, although it didn't bother him much. 

Lucky for him, he hasn't grown too close to Kris to the point where leaving would be a difficult task. Walking off felt like a load off his back, a quick sneer growing on his pale face. Despite the snow falling from the sky, his lower body in extreme pain, and the freezing weather against his body, Kyungsoo felt happy to be in solitude once again, for the second time that day. He was going to get his memory soon, he could feel it returning slowly. 

In the distance, Kris's was calling out the boy's name, his voice not adapting very well to the harsh wind. He was bound to end up directly behind Kyungsoo in a matter of seconds, so he decided to walk faster, his numb feet against the wet ground not helping him throughout the situation. Kris's home was widely surrounded by a large gate, making his goal slightly more difficult to reach.

Just as he had predicted, Kris managed to catch up, grabbing- no- wrapping Kyungsoo's chest with a long arm to prevent any way of continuing forward. Kyungsoo obliged to the gesture, turning around to meet the man with his trademark expression: blank. 

Kris's first motion was rubbing his large hand through Kyungsoo's hair, like he had done when they first met. Just as before, Kyungsoo closed his eyes at the contact, helping Kris with his emotion. 

"Don't go. You don't know what's wrong with you."

For a moment, Kyungsoo did not speak, as Jongin and Sehun were suddenly in front of him as well. The hand was still against his forehead, and the fingers were in his hair. 

"I'll find out eventually. Like Jongin said." He softly spoke, opening his eyes. 

"No. Forget what he said. Just don't go."

"But what if I'm needed somewhere? I don't want to just neglect my past just because I can't remember it." A frown grew on the shorter's face. "Besides, I can't just take advantage of your wealth with my lost memory. That's outrageous."

"You're not! You're not taking advantage of me. Just please, come back."

Kyungso cracked a cute smirk, surprising Jongin and Sehun because it fit his baby-like face very well. 

"We just met. Why do you need me so bad?" He scoffed, then continued his venture to nowhere. 

This time, Jongin spoke, catching up to the other that simply kept walking although the other that was now by his side. 

"Wait." Jongin stammered, feeling his hands become clammy by the second. "We can work this out."

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Same with you. We just met. What is it that makes me have to stay?"

Jongin paused. He didn't know why he wanted Kyungsoo to stay, out of full honesty. Same applied for Kris, who flinched at the question. Kyungsoo sighed heavily, then felt the pain in him begin to flame up by the second. He winced, but didn't react dramatically enough to stop the argument. 

"It'll be so simple. It'll be so simple if you just let me go."

Kris gritted his teeth together, and grabbed Kyungsoo by the shoulders. 

"I don't care how much you're going to fight back, I'm not letting you go." His words were fierce, even Kyungsoo was taken aback. He opened his mouth to speak, but sadly, no words processed through fully enough to physically say them out loud. He only stood in place, mouth agape, and legs shaking. 

"C-Can I just go?"

Kris let out an exasperated sigh, then relaxed his grip on the other. His face turned the other way, where Jongin stood, searching for his friend's aid. Jongin shrugged uncomfortably, whereas Sehun stood behind the scene with a pounding heart. He has never seen this level of emotion with either of them. 

"No. I won't let you."

Kyungsoo slowly bent down to his knees, as they hit the wet concrete and his face was directly in front of Kris's knees. The older boy immediately drew back at the sudden movement, then proceeded to help the other back up. 

"What the hell are you doing? Get up!"

"Just let me go. I promise you won't even remember me when you wake up tomorrow."

"You think I can just let go of the fact that you're out in this weather wearing nothing but pajamas in God knows where? You're hilarious." Kris managed to get the boy back up to his feet, bringing him in a rough hug, face against chest. 

Kyungsoo struggled to wriggle himself out of the embrace, then decided to not fight back. He felt his cold face squish up against the latter's shirt, but kept still when he took note that there was an extreme amount of warmth radiating off of him. Heat was just what he needed at the moment. His eyes shut in comfort before he spoke again feeling Kris's hands run through his hair for what seemed the millionth time that day. Not that he didn't like it. 

"..I'm just a nuisance. I don't want to stick around your life." Kyungsoo murmured softly, beginning to regret having walked out. 

"You're not a nuisance. You're not even close to one. So let's just get back, okay? And forget that all this happened." Kris whispered into the shorter's ear, triggering Kyungsoo to nod. A wave of relief washed over everyone, Jongin letting out a content sigh and Sehun grinning cutely. 

In complete silence, aside from the wind howling throughout, the four returned to the large house. Kyungsoo felt his face heat up as Kris's long arm wrapped protectively around his waist, pulling him close. His hands were hidden in the pajama sleeves to avoid his hands becoming numb as his feet had already done so, and his lips were pale from the winter gale. He desperately hoped that none of this would affect him later on.

"Let's put this all behind us." Kris said, holding the door open for everyone to walk in. His words passed quickly, the last breath being nothing more than a struggle to come out what he tried to say without showing any real emotion within it. 

Kyungsoo rushed inside, his first action being running into the room he first woke up in inside the house, and shutting the door behind him. After all, that was the only room he had the actual ability to be inside. He was most comfortable with it, and to be alone than around the little-less-than strangers that he met earlier that day. Kris paused himself before going after the poor boy, lifting a determined hand and setting it down in defeat. 

"Give him space." Kris demanded, itching the corner of his lip. Jongin was hesitant, but soon agreed, Sehun doing the same. The blonde really had no intention to get close to Kyungsoo; although seeing the small boy so helpless made him want to comfort the other. Not that his friends would approve anyways. 

"Poor kid." Sehun bit his lower lip, a special alluring characteristic that he unknowingly had a habit of doing. "I wonder if anyone is looking for him."

"Oh Sehun." Kris barked at the mention of Kyungsoo's whereabouts. Sehun cowered away to Jongin side, where the tanned boy lovingly pet his soft hair with a gentle hand. Kris seemed to get easily irritated whenever the topic was brought up, and the maknae was having a hard time remembering that. 

"Let's not talk about that Hun." Jongin whispered into the other's ear. 

Sehun cocked an eyebrow as Kris disappeared around the corner into the common room. 

"What a grump. I can't say anything."

"Shh. C'mon, we'll watch TV in the other room." Jongin and Sehun both strolled into the room beside the one Kyungsoo's isolated himself in, opening up the cream colored doors and admiring the interior, despite how many times they've been inside it already. The walls were a deep gray, but were excused by the beautiful light shining through the tall yet thin oval windows lined along the smooth walls. There was a fairly large TV set against one side of the room, a modern furniture set directing towards the screen. Sehun personally loved the room himself, happily jumping onto one of the couches and letting out a content squeal, only to have a loud 'shut it' be heard from the common room. The youngest rolled his eyes, whereas Jongin laughed and closed the doors behind him. 

"Let's be quiet for Kris and Kyungsoo, okay Sehun? I would hate for both of then to be bothered by your crazy antics."

"It's my charm." Sehun argued, squeezing himself into the corner of the couch. "You know that."

"But I'm the only person who can handle it." Jongin stated, taking a seat on the opposite corner and crossing his legs while searching for the TV remote. 

Sehun scoffed, but decided to keep quiet. The TV was soon on, playing a near-mute episode of Pororo. 

Jongin hesitated, but found himself brining up Kyungsoo. 

"..Do you think Kyungsoo is sick?"

Sehun turned to his friend with a strange expression. 

"Sick?"

"You know.. like disabled."

"I'm not sure. He seems a little off though huh?" The blonde sensed the other's guilt for asking the sudden question. 

"I hope not. Kyungsoo is so small."

"But he's older than you. And the hair- Oh lordy, don't get me started on that hair. I've never seen anyone that good in red hair."

"That's beside the point. I just really hope Kris knows what he's doing." Jongin shifted uncomfortably in his seat. A rush of uncertainty suddenly came over him at the thought of Kyungsoo living with his older friend. 

Little did the two know that Kris was directly in front of the closed doors, listening in on their conversation with a clenched fist. He knew that his friends were right, hence the reason why he was boiling with unexplainable rage. Kyungsoo was so small, helpless, and he hated to admit to such, but he was cute too. The boy couldn't survive a day out in the world, by the looks of it, but there was so much wrong with him. The velvet strip, the sudden amnesia, and the limping. Yes, he was drugged, and possibly . Unfortunately, no one knew who would want to do such to this delicate boy, leaving him to fens die himself? Kyungsoo didn't want to find out for himself, making everything for Kris difficult. 

The older male turned, finding himself suddenly facing Kyungsoo's room. There was no lock for the door, allowing him to just walk in. Should he? 

With a trembling hand, Kris reached for the doorknob. His eyes shut before turning the metal and forcefully pushing open the white door. Peering inside, a small figure was scrunched up on the bed, feint body facing the wall, away from human interaction. Kris felt his heart drop at the sight. He walked in, making sure that his movements were steady, rather than loud ands obnoxious that could startle Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo?" He stammered. The owner of the addressed name turned to face the man. His face was surprisingly not tear stained, as the other predicted. Instead, it was normally pale and expressionless. 

"Hm?" The soft voice responded with so much gentleness, Kris had to process the short answer for a moment. 

"I-I wanted to see how you were holding up."

"I'm fine."

"Do you need anything?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"You know.." Kris fumbled with the wrinkled bed sheets that he was sitting on. "You don't have to feel so uncomfortable here. It was never my intention to make this house a place you don't want to be at."

"It's not that I don't want to be here. Just.."

Kris narrowed his eyes at the sudden pause. 

"I'm scared."

Taken aback, the older stared deeply into the other's eyes. 

"No. No, Kyungsoo, don't be scared." His arms comfortably found an appropriate place around the smaller's waist. "I'm going to protect you. And make sure nothing will ever, and I mean ever touch you. My only job right now is to make sure that you live the rest of your life without a single scratch."

Kyungsoo sheepishly grinned at the reassurance, and scooted closer into the latter's body frame. His body was now fully resting on the large yet slender structure, with two long arms protectively clinging to his small waist. His eyes closed at the contact, the smile on his face growing slowly. 

"You're very kind."

"I'm usually not." Kris let out a masculine chuckle. 

"How come?" Kyungsoo shifted his position to wear his head was set on Kris's lap and facing upwards. 

"I'm naturally cold. My friends call me a cold city boy. I don't argue with their decision because it fits me so well."

Kyungsoo giggled, his squishy smile making Kris sigh lovingly. What a sight. His smile was probably the cutest thing anyone could ever see. Kris's was seriously questioning himself now, for Kyungsoo somehow making him feel sweeter.

"So do you plan on going to school with us? It's bound to start soon."

The younger fiddled with his sleeves with droopy eyes. 

"..It doesn't sound appealing." A frown formed on his face. 

"School is never appealing. I can't have you here while I'm gone, right?"

Kyungsoo nodded. That was true. 

"Yeah."

"So you have to go. Trust me, you'll like it."

The younger squirmed out of frustration of the conversation. 

"Will.. your friends be there too?"

Kris gritted his teeth together at the question. He was probably thinking about Jongin, and that was disappointing. Getting close to Kyungsoo seemed a lot more difficult now. 

"Of course. And I have other friends too. You'll learn to like them." Kris laughed lightly. "And none of then will end up sitting on you either." His hand Kyungsoo's hair gently, triggering the smaller's eyes to shut as he expected. Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh before gripping onto Kris's blazer with small, pale fists. His breath began to grow heavier, indicating the other than he was to fall into deep sleep. Kris stood up, placing a blanket over the boy, and walked out in sheer happiness. A smile was on his face, one of which his friends have never seen before. He hoped the day would never end. 

Passing by the other room that his friends occupied, loud, triumphant cries could be heard. He opened up the door, met with both boys stirring cross-legged on the floor, game controllers in each pair of hands. Jongin paused the game as soon as the door was opened, setting down his game controller with a grin. 

"Hey. Did you want to play?" The tanned boy pointed at the screen. 

Kris shook his head. 

"Did you check up on Kyungsoo?"

"Yeah. He's sleeping now."

Sehun brightened at the statement, and crawled closer to his hyung. 

"Can I see him?" He begged, only to recieve a quick smack on his head. The maknae retreated to Jongin side with a squeal. 

"No. What part of 'he's sleeping' did you not understand?"

Jongin chuckled, then ushered Kris out of the room, leaving Sehun with a brief 'we'll be right back'. As soon as the two were out of the room, Jongin pulled Kris close, startling him with a soft grunt. 

"We have to talk."

Kris pulled back father away from being face to face. He looked to the side coolly, then cleared his throat add if he didn't know that the topic would be about Kyungsoo.

"Shoot."

"Kyungsoo could be sick."

"Excuse me?"

"Sick.." Jongin whispered, peering behind the older at Kyungsoo's closed door. "You know, mentally ill."

Kris scoffed, then narrowed his eyes. 

"That's absurd. That's actually the craziest I've ever heard come out of your mouth."

"Believe me when I say this, doesn't Kyungsoo seem a little off? We should really get him to a hospital."

"I know. But he doesn't seem like he wants to go."

The younger groaned, placing a strained hand on his forehead. 

"This poor boy. I can't imagine what he's really a part of."

Kris cocked an eyebrow. 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"..He was drugged, right? He can't walk properly. It's kind of obvious that he was , or dragged into some kind of ual activity." The tanned boy shuddered at the thought. "You found him in front of your dad's hotel. I think we should check out the room that he woke up in, see if there's anything we're missing."

"Can't we just let this go? Kyungsoo is so bothered by bringing it up, I'd hate to see him even more upset."

Jongin nodded, then turned away in disappointment. He had a feeling that Kris would oppose to his idea.

"I know you care about Kyungsoo. If you really cared about him you would do as I say."

"Really? Because half the things you usually say are just a load of bull. What makes you think I'll agree to your idea?" Kris clicked his tongue. "And yeah, I care about Kyungsoo. I could care less how long I've known him, but he's everything to me right now. I'm willing to make him happy."

"If you want to make him happy, we would take him to the hospital. Can't you listen to me for once? Kyungsoo looks really messed up, and I don't mean on the outside. I get the feeling that his real life might involve some.."

The older furrowed his eyebrows. "..Some?"

Jong drew close, to the point where his lips lightly brushed up against the other's ear lobe.

"ion.." His voice was gentle, knowing that Kris wouldn't approve of the hypothesis, which was exactly what happened directly after he finished the final syllable. Kris flinched back, hitting his head against the wall with gasp. His fists instantly clenched, as he walked up to Jongin with a fierce expression, and causing his younger friend to cower in fear, regretting what he said.

"Listen here. Even if he was a e, I'm not going to leave him alone, not even for a split second. So how about we drop that ing suggestion before anything happens?"

Jongin scowled, but nodded slightly. A rage of disappointment overwhelemed him now. He was questioning whether thinking Kyungsoo was a e or not was just plain ridiculous. Sadly, all the clues were only pointing in that one direction, allowing no other theories to be logically possible. Not even Kris wanted to believe that. Who would want to hurt such a small, helpless boy like Kyungsoo? 

"Okay. I'll drop it. But that doesn't mean I'll completely let go of it. When I find out who he really is, you'll be sorry." Jongin spat, storming back into the other room before Kris could react physically. The door slammed, alarming the young blonde curled up into the couch corner again. He unravled from the rather uncomfortable seeming position and sat normally on the center of the couch with a questioning look.

"What was that noise?" He asked, voice low. Sehun already seemed to know that Kris was angry.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"But hyung.."

"Sehun..." Jongin softly spoke. He wasn't normaly rude towards the youngest, for he felt that Sehun was simply hyper for being the youngest. There was no real reason to treat him poorly like his other friends did. "We just talked. There's nothing to worry about." He pat Sehun's shoulder.

"Was it about Kyungsoo?"

The tanned boy smirked.

"Yeah."

"Why? Is he okay?"

"Of course. Just Kris has grown attatched to him quicker than I would've expected."

"Well yeah. He's a squishy boy. I think Kris has a thing for squishy boys." Sehun let out a giggle before setting himself fully laid back on the couch, as his friend sat down on the floor.

"He's become really fatherly towards Kyungsoo."

"That's good. Kyungsoo will have a nice life with him."

Jongin pasued.

"What if he has somewhere to go? Like, he could have a job somewhere, or a family to be with." The older chose not to share his thoughts with Sehun about Kyungsoo possibly being a e, it was safer to not share it so widely, and only have the people more involved know about it. Anyhow, Sehun wasn't into talking about such things, his little innocent mind still pure as ever. Jongin had no intention on tainting him so.

"It doesn't seem like it." Sehun gaped suddenly. "He could be famous!" His voice shrilled instantly, pointing a finger at the other in delight. "Im going to look him up." He whipped out his cellphone within seconds, only Jongin scoffing at the thought.

"Famous? Really? Who would let a famous person out alone like that?"

"Who knows what famous people do?" Sehun stuck out his tongue in determination, scrolling through his phone with gleaming eyes. "Kris hyung is kind of famous, right? His dad owns a nice hotel, his mom is the chairman of a university-" A loud bang blasted suddenly, causing the blonde to flinch in confusion. Both he and Jongin looked at the door with furrowed eyebrows. At first, they both were extremely puzzled, passing the noise off as Kris's usual frustration breakthroughs. He had a habit of banging the walls out of anger, but this noise was strangely close, making it seem impossible that Kris was responsible. Sehun stood up, but Jongin stopped him, lifting a finger against his own lips as if to say, 'don't make a noise', and creeped to the door. 

"Stop it!" The two words rang through Jongin's ears. His eyes went wide, and his hands immediately jiggled at the doorknob to force it open with more force than necessary. "Luhan!" An unknown name was called out in the same voice.

"Where are you going?!" Sehun cried, following his friend who was now, for some reason at Kyungsoo's door, opening it with some struggle. His movements were choppy and flustered. The door eventually flew open, making Jongin push forward. He stood up from falling towards the ground, and looked at Kyungsoo, who was tangled up in his blankets, seeming to be having a nightmare that involved some form of struggle, for his eyes were shut, yet his body flailed in different directions, directions that no one could have imagined, especially for someone as small as him. Jongin cralwed onto the bed, grabbing the shouting boy with shaking hands.

"Kyungsoo!" He cried out, eventually getting a rough hold around the smaller's wrists. Kyungsoo kicked at him repeatedly, his yells slowly shrinking into softer whimpers. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, making the situation much more dramatic. "Go get Kris!" Jongin demanded, shooting a glare at Sehun. The maknae ran from the doorway in search for his friend.

"Kyungsoo.." Jongin pleaded, as Kyungsoo's movements settled to his chest flowing up and down out of sheer exhaustion. His eyes were still closed, but his mouth was open, panting while his hands gripped against the sheets that covered his body.

Fortuantely, his eyes fluttered open, his first person in sight being Jongin in the flesh, exression in pure shock, nothing else. Kyungsoo who seemed equally alarmed, pulled back from the younger's arms and against the wall, hugging the extra sheets at the end of the bed frame.

"W-what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" Jongin asked, startled. Kyungsoo weeped, wiping his tears away with trembling fingers. It was only a matter of time before Kris and Sehun returned, so Jongin took the extra time to find out why this boy was anxious over a mere nightmare. He didn't look like he wanted to speak at all, making it impossible to get any answers.

Kris's footsteps were heard soon enough. He was at the doorway within seconds, walking up to Kyungsoo and pushing Jongin away. 

"What happened?" He asked with a crack in his deep voice. Jongin just stared, making it clear that no one knew, unless Kyungsoo was willing to tell. That was very unlikely.

Kyungsoo, who seemd beyond terrified at this point, looked down, muffling his pants with the bed sheets. Kris his hair again, but his eyes did not close this time.

"Did you have a nightmare Kyungsoo?" The Chinese male asked, looking softly into the other's eyes. Kyungsoo did not do anything, only curled up against the wall. Sehun clicked his tongue in what seemed like annoyance, as he walked towards the bed to reach out for the light-blue gingham material mixed in with the silver like bedsheets. All attention was pointed to him when he inspected the cloth, and spreading it fully to discover that it was the button up pajama shirt that Kyungsoo was wearing. As expected, the matching pair of pants were found further into the bundle of blanket. All three boys turned at Kyungsoo, who was horrified at the sight. He peered down at his body, which was obviously going to be completely , and began to pant heavier, searching for the aid and comfort of another. Because Kris was already set on the bed himself, Kyungsoo weakly crawled to him, the long, familiar arms wrapping around his small frame.

"Do you know what happened?" Kris asked, looking up at his friends. They both shrugged, looking at Kyungsoo. His bed sheet was beginning to slip off, exposing his uper body, but he was much too tired to fix it.

"I-I'm scared." Kyungsoo spoke. His voice was quivering, making it almost inaudible. Kris pulled him closer, and set his head on the red hair.

"It's okay. It was just a dream."

Jongin cleared his throat, indicating that he had his share of questions.

"Who's Luhan?" He asked, remembering that the name had been called out before they barged in. Kyungsoo sat up, wrapping himself again, and looked down.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure? You called his name earlier. Maybe it's someone you know?"

Kyungsoo his lips.

"Luhan.." He whispered, until his face cringed. "I don't know."

"Don't push yourself." Kris his . "You're not in that right state to try that."

"Luhan.. Luhan sounds so familiar. Why can't I remember?" The doe-eyed boy wailed, wiping away the tears that returned.

"It's fine. No one expects you to."

Kyungsoo frowned. His head began pounding at the thought of the name. The name Luhan was so vague, making his situation so much more burdensome to recollect. He wasn't even sure if he could remember the dream that he just had. Everything in his head was so fuzzy. A heavy amount of sweat began to collect along his collarbone.

Kris worringly looked the small boy in the eyes. Maybe Jongin was right. Kyungsoo didn't seem exactly the most.. right person in the world. Although he was pretty sane when awake, sleeping must have been an issue. The fact that he was began to raise red flags too. Could he really have been in prostution, only to have one night for him go terribly wrong, resulting in his memory loss?

"Kyungsoo.." Kris began, the boy's back. "Maybe we should take you to the hospital."

Kyungsoo looked up at the mention of the hospital, and bit his lower lip.

"H-hospital?"

"Yeah." Jongin spoke this time, happy that Kris had finally put himself up to the suggestion. "Just a quick checkup, so we all know you're okay."

"I.."

"I know you don't want to, but think about how much this can help you."

The small boy allowed the blanket covering his chest to fully fall, exposing him fully aside from his lower body. Kris pulled him closer, his hands against his bare skin being a somewhat familiar feeling. 

Kyungsoo wet his lips then closed his eyes, letting his breath settle.

"Okay."