Part Two

If only I...

Part Two

Maybe I should go earlier today. I'm pretty sure that person will be there around that time today.

Soo Jung has to walk to school owing to the fact that her bike was stolen yesterday. She was thinking hard about what happened yesterday. Knowing that students shouldn't be there around the building at that time, but still, she couldn't stop herself from going there. 

What if he/she thinks I've told the teacher about it?

Aish.. No way..

At the same time, Baekyun was on his way to school and fortunately, he wakes up pretty early today.

Strange.

He was on his bike and he almost hit on the pole when he recognises the stranger around the corner.

"H-hey." He called for Soo Jung.

She turned around and was surprise to see him there, standing next to his bike. "Oh hi!" She beamed. 

Ba dum

Ba dum

Stop it! 

Ba dum

"Are you waiting for someone?" Soo Jung asked.

"N-no.. Uhm.. I-I just happen to see you here." He stuttered and mentally scolded himself for acting like a potato in front of her.

She giggled and all he could do was to stare at her. Even her laugh was so attractive.

"W-where's your bike?"

She bit her lips and flashed an awkward smile. "Somebody stole it yesterday."

"What?" Baekhyun was shocked to hear it.

"I don't mind riding along with you." He said with his eyes looking around, too shy to look at her in the eyes.

"Really? Thank you so much!" She beamed and hug him lightly.

Ba dum

Ba dum

"You ready?" He asked while taking a glance from her over his shoulder, making sure that she's all set and they are ready to go.

"Mhm~" 

He started to pedal and off they go, heading towards the school. Once again, his mind went blank whenever she's around him. He's not like the usual him when she's around, the talkative Baekhyun disappeared in a blink of an eye whenever Soo Jung appeared. Chanyeol them would always for being such a shy boy in front of her.

"You don't seem like talking a lot." Soo Jung started to break the ice between them as it was awfully silent.

"I-I was just thinking of something else." He lied. .

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded but eyes are still focusing on the road.

"So, has anyone caught your attention yet?" 

Baekhyun startled and hit on the break as hard as he could. He turned around to look at her with confused all over his face.

"My what?"

"A crush." She shrugged.

Ba dum

Ba dum

"I-it's alright if you don't want to tell me about it. I'm just curious."

"I.. I do have someone on my mind."

"Really? Who is she?"

Baekhyun smiled and turn back. "That's a secret."

--

The sound of the medal scratching against each other indicating the lesson has ended and it's time for everyone to head home. He would spend some time there whenever he could, just to clear off his mind by playing piano. Worries, irritation, and trouble would disappear in an instant when he started to play the piano. He has no idea why but he finds it amazing.

Without him knowing, he has already started playing the piano in front of him. Slowly and gentle tapping on the white tiles, humming along the song as the fingers dance around the white and black tiles. Up and down he goes, soft and powerful. A-

"Hello?"

The voice of a girl stopped him from playing the piano. He stared at the door for a while, not knowing what to do.

Heck, what if the teacher finds out I'm here when I shouldn't be?

He stood up, panicked and worried, looking for places to hide just in case the teacher barge into the room and saw him sitting here, playing the piano, caught him red-handed.

"I didn't mean to disturb you."

She continued and he stopped on his track. Turning around and stared at the door, as if he could see the face of the girl. He walked closer and closer, frowning his eyebrows with lots of questions emerged on his mind.

What if she's just a student who happen to pass by here?

What if she's one of the teacher?

She sounds familiar though...

"I just wanted to tell you that you're amazing. I love the way you play the piano."

It is her...

"I'm Soo Jung by the way." 

He extended his hands and hold onto the doorknob, hesitated whether he should open it or remain silent. Thousands of thought run through his mind.

What if she's not expecting someone like him to be here? 

What if she expected someone else? 

A popular and a good-looking guy? 

And here, I'm just a nobody. 

Does she even know my name?

I've never heard her calling out my name...

"Can I come here everyday?"

He looked up at the door with his mouth open, trying to say something but was cut off by her.

"I can just stay out here and listen."

She glances at her watch and gasped.

"Oh my. My mom's gonna kill me! I'll see you tomorrow! Good bye!" With that, she took her backpack and ran away. 

Turning the doorknob to the right and he opened it. There's a paper on the floor with words written on it.

Nice meeting you! Hope I didn't interrupt with your practice :)
P.S. This is our secret place. I won't let the teachers know :P

- Soo Jung 

He smiled to himself and folded it into smaller pieces before putting it into his pocket. 

Guess I have to come here everyday now.

END_J