Final

If only I...

Part Five

Ever since that day, Baekhyun has never gone back to the music room. Of course, he misses playing piano, spending some time all by himself. But it reminded him of Soo Jung.

The feeling of disappointment engulf him alive, regretting for not being able to express himself that well. Regret for not being able to confess to her as sooner as he can.

I don't blame him
Cause you're now smiling like an angel

As if the music player can read his mind, telling him to let it go, even if it hurts.

He shuts his eye closed and sighed.

Must think of something...

Chanyeol and Chen them agreed on helping him to get Soo Jung back. No matter what happens, this is it. His last chance.

Buzz buzz.

The vibration of the phone pull him back to reality, realising that someone is calling him.

"Hello?"

"Baekhyun-ah. We've got an idea!" Chen exclaimed.

---

"The mic isn't working." The guy with a thick spectacles said. A few students were running up and down the stage, they were the performers rehearsing for their performance tonight. They were preparing for the prom night of their high school ever since this morning.

The sky is getting darker and the venue is getting crowded and filled with noises. Pretty girls are everywhere as they put all their might to prepare for the Prom Queen.

He was peeking behind the curtains and gasped when he saw just how many people could fit into the hall.

He took a deep breath and looked into the mirror, frowning and biting his lips. He couldn't stop himself from feeling nervous as he has never performed in the public, not even once, especially in front of so many people.

"Baekhyun-ah. You might need to change." Chen eyeing him up and down seeing that his cloths were almost drenched by his sweat due to his nervousness.

"Yah! You're not helping!"

"Calm down. Just pretend as if you're having a band practice with us." Chanyeol said while lightly patted his shoulder.

"Byun Baekhyun. It's your turn now." A guy ran up to him and left.

"Good luck." Sehun said with a smile and Baekhyn headed out to the front stage.

The rest of the lights went off except the one on the stage, shining from above. He bowed to the audience and headed towards the piano. Taking a deep breath before placing his hands in places.

This is your last chance.

Baekhyun thought to himself and begins his performance. The sound of the piano echoed around the place and everyone has their eyes on him, mesmerising how amazing he is.

Chanyeol and Chen them suggested him to perform on the prom night, for getting Soo Jung back. The only way is to show his true self to her, confess through his performance.

Jae Bum nodded in amazement and said to Soo Jung. "Guess you've made the right choice." He elbowed Soo Jung and all she could do was to stare at him.

She has never seen this side of him since Baekhyun has always acted like a potato whenever she's around. She never knew that he could sing as well.

From time to time, Baekhyun would look up and search for her. Soo Jung felt her heart skipped a bit when their eyes met. She isn't sure if he's looking at her but damn, those eyes could haven killed all the girls out there.

At the end of his performance, he took the mic and walked to the front, looking at the audience before he begins to talk.

"There's something I wanna say."

He looked down at his feet before he continues. "The reason why I'm here performing on the stage is because of you."

The girls sitting down there were squeling and whispering to each other, wondering who is the girl he's referring to.

"I know that I might be a nobody to you but I.." Baekhyun looked up and search for her. Lights were shining on him, making him harder to search for her. But the moment their eyes met, he continues with his words.

"To me, you're just like an angel, who is always smiling at me. I know that you might have someone better than me. But still, I wanna let you know about this."

"Do you remember the day we rode bicycle to school together? About the question..." 
Baekhyun took a deep breath and said.

"It's you."

As if the memory was on cue, everything went through again on her mind. Every words he has said, when he smiles, flustered, and shy. She remembered everything clearly.

Soo Jung blinked for a few times and covered her moth with her hands. Unable to believe what she has just heard.

"So, has anyone caught your attention yet?"

It's you...

Baekhyun bowed to the audience and went back to the backstage whereas the audience were cheering and clapping for him.

She's very sure Baekhyun is talking to her even if he didn't even mention her name. Jae Bum, who was sitting next to her has been observing her from the moment Baekhyun stepped onto the stage.

Jae Bum placed his hands on Soo Jung's shoulder and said. "Go for it."

---

He sat on the stairs outside the hall and stared at his hands, recalling what had just happened up on the stage there. He couldn't believe that he has said those words in front of the school. Still unable to get a hold of himself, with his hands shaking, he took a deep breath and try to calm himself down.

Chanyeol patted on his shoulder and made him turned around.

"Let's just hope that she'll g-"

"B-Baekhyun-ah."

A familiar voice made them looked up and to their surprise, it's Soo Jung, who is panting really hard.

"Can I have a word with you?" She asked.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and back to her. "S-sure."

---

She's playing with her fingers while staring at her shoes. She got little bruise due to running in high heels.

Baekhyun came back with a bag of ice cubes and placed in on her ankle, hoping she would felt better.

"Thanks."

He nodded and sit beside her.

What do you wanna ask?

He thought to himself.

Am I the girl whom you've mentioned just now?

Aish, there's no way I'm gonna a-

"So...."

Baekhyun's voice made her looked up at him.

"Is there something you wanna talk? Or.."

Soo Jung shuts her eyes tightly and stood up in front of him.

"You should sit d-"

"I like you."

Both of them spoke at the same time and stared at each other for a moment.

"You what?" Baekhyun stood up from his seat with half-opened mouth.

She covered her face with her palms and repeats.

"I like you."

I like you

I like you

I like you

"Can you repeat that again?" Soo Jung was dumbfounded by his question and was stopped by him again when she was about to say something.

"Wait! Aren't you together with Park Jae Bum sunbae?"

Soo Jung giggled and shook her head.

"You know what? Everything happens for reason."

He tilted his head to one side and frowned. "I don't get it."

"I wanna know more about you. So I try to have lunch with you. But I think it'll be awkward for us. So I waited and waited for Chen and Chanyeol. I think it'll be less awkward for us that way if they're around."

He gasped, surprise to hear the reason for the first time. Soo Jung saw sparkles in his eyes and she continues.

"Actually... I knew you're the one who's playing the piano."

"Me?! B-but how?"

"I saw you walk into that room a few weeks ago."

"What about Jae Bum sunbae?"

"He's my cousin, who decided to help me to get closer with you." She admitted.

Baekhyun kneeled down and sighed in content.

"I thought I was gonna be all by myself for the rest of my life."

Soo Jung giggled and made him stood closer to her.

When Baekhyun was about to say something, a familiar voice from the bush distracted him.

"Kiss!"

"Yah! Shut up!" Chen pulled Sehun back into the bush.

"Since when have you all been here?" Baekhyun headed towards the bush with anger written on his face.

"Hey!" Sehun beamed. "We're just wondering if you could handle it on your own." He stated while the rest nodded with a smile plastered on their faces.

"Alright. We'll leave you two love birds alone. Come on now." Suho stepped out of the bush, pulling the others with him and getting back into the hall.

Baekhyun turned around, extended his hands and stopped right in front of Soo Jung's face.

"May I?" He asked with a smile.

"My pleasure." Soo Jung held his hands and both of them went back into the hall, enjoy the rest of the night.

---

He placed his bike and locked it with a locker before heading towards the classroom.

"Morning!" Baekhyun exclaimed when he entered the classroom. He looked here and there but she's nowhere to be found.

"Yah! I'm right in front of you! How can you just ignore me?!" Chen stated while waving his hands in the air.

"Morning!" Soo Jung stepped inside the classroom and both of them turned around to look at her.

"So, what had happened to the two of you after the prom night?" Chanyeol appeared from behind and hang his arms around Baekhyun and Soo Jung's shoulder.

Knowing that his friends will be causing a chaos soon enough, Baekhyun pulled Soo Jung out of the classroom and headed towards the rooftop.

"Baekhyun-ah, don't do something naughty when we're not around, okay?" Chen shouted and made him blushed.

"So, why are we here?" Soo Jung turned around to look at him when they've arrived at the rooftop.

"I just want some time to be alone with you." Baekhyun confessed and adverted his gaze to the side.

Soo Jung nodded and headed towards the bench while Baekhyun followed her from behind. She opened her backpack and took a small, nicely decorated box out and give it to Baekhyun.

"For you." She smiled. "Happy first day anniversary."

Baekhyun couldn't hide his excitement as he was now smiling from ear to ear. "What's in here?" He asked while slowly untied the ribbon and to his surprise, there were chocolates and cookies wwhich are being arranged in a heart-shaped.

"Do you like it?" She asked and Baekhyun nodded, feels like he's the happiest guy in the world. 

Without letting her know beforehand, Baekhyun lightly placed a kiss on her cheecks and she turned around to look at him. 

"I may be not the most wonderful boyfriend in the world, but I'll try."

"And I love you." He whispered to her ears and she giggled.

"I love you too."

 

END_J

Soooo.. How do you guys think?  :)
Was it good enough? 
I was inspired by the song 
JJ Lin - if only
It's a lil' different from the music video cause I don't like how the story ends :/
Anyway, I hope you like it!
Please leave a comment for me so that I know how you guys feel about it~~~