Part Three

If only I...

Part Three

She closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. But then, a smile finds its way, curving upward at the corner of her lips. As if everything is planned, the lyrics of the music decribed exactly how she felt right now.

Soo Jung couldn't sleep all night long as she was too excited about the 'secret place' with a stranger.

Heck.

She doesn't even know how he looks like. Or maybe it's a she. As long as she could spend her time there, listening to the sound of the piano, that's all she wants.

Nothing more.

Baekhyun, who was sitting behind her has been staring at her for god knows how long. They've talked a little a few days ago when they're on their way to the school. But she has never explained about the lunch thing. Why did she approach them? Or specifically him? Or maybe Jongdae.... Hope not.

Or maybe it's just simply a lunch, when it means nothing at all.

Ouch.

As if his heart was being stabbed by a million times, he couldn't hide the feeling of disappointment that she might not be interested in him.

Or she IS uninterested in him.

"I thought you're gonna eat her alive." Chanyeol said while pulling a chair from the side, sitting next to him.

Baekhyun startled and put a finger near his mouth, indicating Chanyeol that Soo Jung may hear them. 

"Did you ask her?" Chanyeol arched eyebrow and Baekhyun shook his head, sighing, not knowing what to do.

"Go ask her about the lunch thing." He lightly hit Baekhyun's shoulder.

"I saw you and her riding on a bike. So is everything going on smoothly?"

Baekhyun's eyes grew bigger and in an instant, Chanyeol's mouth is covered by his palm. Shaking his head fiercely left and right after taking a glance at her.

"She might hear us! Pabo!" Baekhyun whispered.

"So have you confessed?" Jongdae blurted out as he was standing behind them. Not knowing the situation, he just smiled at them.

There comes another....

---

"You know what? I tripped over when I was looking at him." She plays with her fingers while talking to the doors. 

It's been a few weeks ever since she started staying here, talking to a stranger when she doesn't even know how does he/she look like. 

"This is so embarrassing! Especially when he's right there! Right in front of me!" She covered her face with her palms.

Tripped over?

The guy thought to himself and remember what happened this afternoon at the cafeteria.

He lined up in front of the counter, ready to pay for his food. Turning around, he saw a tall guy with greyish hair sitting at the corner, with a another guy.

"What took you so long?" The tall guy complaints while munching on the bread. He rolled his eyes and snatched it away from the guy.

"Stop complaining if you wanna eat."
The guy blinked for a few times and snatched it back.

"I'm still eating it."

"Look who's here." The other guy said while his gaze was on somewhere else. He turned around to see who is it and to his surprise, Soo Jung was heading to their directions.

Ba dum

Ba dum

He stood up quickly and headed to her direction, trying to stop before it happens but he's too late. There's a water bottle on the floor and Soo Jung tripped over the bottle and spilled the food on the floor. 

Everyone in the cafeteria was staring at her while whispering to one another.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun extended his hands, offering a help.

She nodded and bit her lips, feeling embarrassed from what happened just now. "T-thanks." She lightly patted her skirt and left the cafeteria. Baekhyun, who was just standing there, staring at her figure until she disappears in sight.

"God, I'm such a potato. Do you think he likes me?" 

Her voice brings him back to reality. Blinking a few times, he pinched his cheeks and his mouth was half-opened, unable to believe what he has just heard.

"Maybe not. I don't think he likes potato. Ugh! What am I gonna do?!"

He walked towards the door and hold onto the doorknob, having the urge to open the door and show her who he is. But being a coward, all he could do is just stood in front of the door and continue to listen.

"Anyway, thanks for today! Have a nice weekend!" Soo Jung stood up from the floor and left with her backpack.

He turned the doorknob to the right and opened it, staring at the exit door when he could do nothing at all.

Soo Jung-ah. Are we gonna be like this forever? 

END_J