Part Four

If only I...

Part Four

He ran as quick as he can, swimming through the crowds and panting hardly. He slammed the door opened and everyone stared at him. Catching his breath from running 5 floors straight, he asked weakly. 

"Baekhyun-ah, have you heard of it?"

Everyone in the class turned their gazes on Baekhyun, who stood up from his seat and stared at Chanyeol. Even though Chanyeol hasn't spoken a word about it, Baekhyun is pretty sure with what's going on. 

Just then, when Baekhyun was about to take another steps towards Chanyeol, a familiar voice made him turn to the other side. And as expected, he saw Soo Jung, with a hot, and good-looking guy stand right next to her. 

They were chit-chatting and she looks so happy. Popular guy with gorgeous girl. As if they were made for each other. Baekhyun couldn't stop himself from thinking about it and started to loss confidence of himself.

I guess it's too late for now.

Thousands of thoughts appear on her mind while she was on her way to the music room. She had cooking lesson before the class ended and she got some left overs in a small container, packed with nice decorated ribbon on it.

After bidding her friends goodbye, she headed to the other building and looked left and right before entering it, making sure no one is following her. Walking along the stairs, she found herself standing in front of that door. 

She extended her hands and pulled them back, feeling scared to knock on the door. But once she has decided, there's no way turning back, that's how stubborn she is. She shut her eyes closed and knocked on the door.

Knock knock.

She waited for a while and there was no answer from the inside. She frowned and decided to take another try.

Knock knock.

Nothing happens. 

She sighed. Maybe he/she isn't here today. She was hoping that she/he could have some of the cookies she baked this afternoon. Think of it as a gift for playing such wonderful songs for her everyday.

When she was about to turned around and walked away, there's a guy walking along the corridor with a big smile on his face.

Is that him?

She stopped on her track and stared at him. 

"Soo Jung-ah." The guy called out.

"Jae Bum sun-bae nim." She smiled at the senior, who was heading to her direction.

"What brings you here?" He asked.

"I.. I was waiting for you."

"Me?" 

She nodded and continued. "Thank you for playing such wonderful songs for me." She extended her hand and gave him the cookies.

"I didn't know you're the one who's been there for so long." Jae Bum laughed a little and both of them left the building.

He was left there alone. With anger, he could feel his blood is boiling inside. He decided to show her who he really is. Byun Baekhyun, the guy who had a crush on her, and he's the one who's been playing thousands of songs for her. He even bought flowers and decided to confess to her.

Park Jae Bum.

---

He poked the meat and sighed. That's the end of a potato's life. Being a coward, and a potato, everything is ruined. He mentally scolded himself for being so slow. He should make a move before anyone else does it. And now, he's too late for it.

Chanyeol and Chen have been urging him to make a move as quick as he can before anyone else. Soo Jung, the angelic face which most of the guys had fallen for. 

Baekhyun extended his hands and poured himself a glass of soju. Before he could drink it, Suho snatched it away from him. "You're underage mister." With that, Suho finished the drink in one go.

"I can't even drink it. What else can I do?" Baekhyun burried his face in his palms and sighed heavily.

"Why dun c'yu just tell her?" Sehun said while munching on the meat.

"Easy for you to say."

"We've been warning you about this. It's all your fault." Chanyeol squinted his eyes.

"Yeuahhh." Sehun agreed while he shoved tons of food into his mouth. 

"Well."

Chen started. "I heard that they aren't really together.. Which means...."

"I still stand a chance?!" Baekhyun exclaimed and stood up from his seats, causing attention from the surroundings. Suho stood up and bowed to the others, apologise for causing chaos and troubles to the others before pushing him back down onto his seat.

"I.." Baekhyun bit his lips and shuts his eyes closed. "I need you guys to help me out this time."

"Aigoo, our potato has finally waken up." Chen said while pinching his cheeks.

"Euu should thank us for helpin' eu." As if he has not eaten in a few days, Sehun continued to shoved all the meat into his mouth.

"You should have asked that a thousand years ago." Chanyeol smirked.

END_J