Part one

If only I...

Part One

 

"Baekhyun-ah" His mom called out for a few times before knocking on his door. When she saw Baekhyun, who's sleeping on the floor with his balnket, she sighed and shook her head.


"Sweetie, you should get up now or else you're gonna be late for school."


"Mm?" Baekhyun turned around and saw his mom. "Morning mom~" He beamed.


"It's 7.45am now, you b-"


"What?!" He shot up from his bed and ran towards the bathroom.


"Mom, you should have come and wake me up. Oh my, I'm gonna be late! Mrs. Lee will be in class before 8!" He exclaimed while brushing his teeth.


"I've called you for so many times." She shook her head again.


As a heavy sleeper, Baekhyun is always late for school. Well, not always, but still, most of the time he does. After taking a quick shower, he searches for his uniform under the pile of clothes and grab his backpack before leaving his bedroom.


He went to the dining room and grab a few pieces of bread before he leaves the house.


"Morning guys~" He took a quick glance at his golden retriever puppies before headed towards his bike and drove off to his school. From time to time, people from his neighborhood would greet him whenever they saw Baekhyun.


"Morning Baekhyun-ah~" The ajumma next door beamed when she saw Baekhyun coming out of the house. Being the polite neighbour as he should, he nodded and waved at her. "Morning Mrs. Han."


"Are you late for school again?" The old lady stood next to Mrs. Han shouted and Baekhyun nodded in embarrassment. 


After a few minutes ride, Baekhyun has finally arrived his school. It was pretty empty owing to the fact that every student was all in their classrooms. Baekhyun left his bike in the corner and started running to his classroom.


At the same time, Mrs. Lee has arrived in the class with a yellow folder and a thick history textbook in her hands. "Now, let's take the attendance." She opened the yellow folder and started calling out names.


"Kim Soo Jung."


A girl raised her hand and Mrs. Lee nodded while ticking on the paper.


"Park Chanyeol."


"Kim Jong Dae."


Baekhyun sneaked into the classroom when Mrs. Lee was taking attendance. He tip-toed to his seat and silently placed his bag under the table.


"Byun Baekhyun."


"Here." He smiled while waving his hands in the air whereas Mrs. Lee frowned and stared at him. "Good thing you're not late today, Mr. Byun."


"How did you get in here?" Chanyeol whispered.


"I was here before she walked in." 


"As if I'm gonna believe that."


--


"Yah! Stop stealing my sausages!" Jongdae whined and cover his plate with both arms.


They were now having their lunch at the cafeteria while some of the students would stay in the classroom. 


"I left my money at home, just give me one more." Baekhyun tried to snatch from the side but failed. All the money he has in his pocket could only afford a cup noodle. Poor thing.


"Just o-"


"Hey." They both look up and saw Soo Jung, who was standing in front of the table with a tray in her hand. They both look at each other and back to her.


"Mind if I sit here?" She asked. It's not like they've never talked to her in class, but this is their very first time having lunch together.


"Sure." Jongdae nodded and flashed a smile to her while Baekhyun blinked for a few times before nodded lightly. Feeling the hotness from his cheeks, he knows that he might look like a tomato to her. With his head hung low, he silently eat his cup noodle.


"Aren't you gonna steal my sausages?" Jongdae nudged him.


"N-nah" Baekhyun continued to eat his food and Soo Jung pushed her tray closer to Baekhyun.


"You can have some of these if you want. I don't think I could finish this." She smiled.


Oh my....


"I-it's alright." Baekhyun smiled weakly. He could feel his heart thumping faster and faster as if it's gonna jump out of his chest. His mind went blank and he choked on his noodle while Soo Jung offered him a glass of water to calm him down.


"Are you alright?" She asked with concern.


Baekhyun nodded, still coughing, and trying not to have eye contact with her. If he does that, he might faint any minute now. 


A taller guy with a guitar hung over his shoulder approach them. "Are you guys going to Sehun's house later?" While waiting for both of them to reply, Chanyeol, was shocked to see Soo Jung sitting with them.


"Wow, what brings you here?"


"I couldn't find any place in the cafeteria, so I joined them for lunch."


Ah, no wonder Baekhyun looks like a tomato.....


"I'll be late for the practice." Jongdae stated as he has a part time job in the convenient store next to their school and he would go there everyday after school before going for their band practice.


"How bout you?" Chanyeol turned his gaze to Baekhyun.


"My cousins are coming over this afternoon, I think I'll skip."


"What kind of practice are you guys having?" Soo Jung asks out of curiosity. When Chanyeol was about to answer, the bell rings and cut off his thought. Baekhyun stood up and pulled Chanyeol along without saying goodbye to the rest of them.


"Does Baekhyun hate me?" She asked while her eyes are still on him.


Jongdae let out a chuckled and continues. "Believe me, he's too happy to have you here."


-- 


She hung her head low and bit her lips, hoping that the teacher would forgive her.


"This is your very first and last time for not handing in your assignment in time Miss Kim." The teacher stated with a stern look.


Soo Jung nodded and went back to her seat.


Aish, how can I forget about it?


She hit her head lightly and sighed. Nothing is going as smooth as she planned today. First, she spilled the coffee on her uniform while having breakfast at home. Second, her bike was stolen and she had to walked to school which is a 45 minutes walk. Lastly, she forgot to bring her assignment which was left on her dining table.


Whenever she feels sad or disappointment, she would go to the backyard and clear off her mind. 


She sat on the bench and stared at the flowers. 


How can I be so careless? Aish..


When she was about to leave, the sound of the piano from the second floor made her stopped on her track. She has always loved piano ever since she was young. However, her family couldn't afford to send her for piano lessons. But that doesn't stop her from learning. She has always tried to learn from those who can play piano. 


As the sound of the piano continues to hand down to the area nearby, she found herself heading to the building and went to look for the person who's playing the piano.


She stopped in front of the door with 'Music instruments' labeled. She extended her hand and grabbed on the doorknob. When she was about to open it, the sound of the piano stopped. 


There was no one in the room when she opened the door. The window on the corner was opened and the curtain was moving as the wind blows.


Strange, who was playing the piano earlier?


With excitement and confused, she closed the door and sighed. How she wish to meet that person so that she can learn it from him/her.


The guy sighed in content when the door closed, he was afraid that he might get caught owing to the fact that no students were allowed to play the piano except for music class. He might get detention from the teacher if they find out.


"That was close." He said.


END_J