After a Long Time

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

After the wedding at the reception party, people kept going up to Ji Yong and Lia to congratulate them and to give them their blessings. Ji Yong and Lia were very happy.

Seung Ri watched them from where he was standing. They looked so happy. He sighed as he took a sip of wine. He was sad that Lia isn’t his, but he was happy for her. He watched as Ji Yong put his arms around her waist, kissing her forehead. He smiled, nodding. Ji Yong will treat her right.

“Hey.”

He turned around to see Mir strolling up to him. “Hey,” he said, greeting him. “How’s it going?”

He shrugged. “It’s going.”

They stood there in silence while people around them danced about with their partners, chatting away, and laughing. Seung Ri caught Mir looking over at the newlywed who was now dancing on the dance floor to a slow dance with big smiles upon their faces.

“You like Lia, don’t you?” he asked him.

Mir turned back. He nodded sheepishly. “Is it that obvious?” he asked and Seung Ri nodded. He sighed, looking down, fumbling with his tie. “When I first saw her, I was jealous of you since you were still with her at that time. I thought she was pretty cool and when I got to know her better, I knew she was definitely someone worth knowing.” He looked at her wistfully.

Seung Ri nodded. “I know what you mean by that,” he said softly, feeling sympathetic for he knew the feeling. “Lia is different than most girls, you know? But what’s important is that she’s happy.”

“Definitely.”

Ji Yong leaned down and kissed her, and all the people cheered again. The boys chuckled softly. They should be celebrating this happy day instead of wallowing in their self-pity. So they grinned at each other and decided to join the others who were all sharing jokes and just having fun.

Dae Sung looked at Seung Ri. “You okay there?” he asked.

Seung Ri nodded. “I’ve never felt better,” he said and it was true. Suddenly he felt so much better like his burden had been lifted off and he laughed out loud.

Joon was watching Ji Yong and Lia as they swayed to the music. “Nuh-uh,” he said and everyone turned to look at him. He grinned at them. “There’s no way Ji Yong is hogging Lia to himself.” He sauntered over to them and Ji Yong grinned, letting Joon dance with Lia.

He came over to where MBLAQ, BEAST, SHINee and Big Bang were all standing. He looked at each of them warily and sighed. “All right, fine,” he said. “You can each have a turn in dancing with my wife tonight.”

“Yay!” they all cheered.

“So, where are you guys going for your honeymoon?” Doojoon asked, shoving Ji Yong lightly.

He smirked, folding his arms across his chest. “It’s a secret,” he replied. He laughed. “I managed to talk to Soo-Jin about everything and she told me the perfect location to spend my honeymoon with Lia.”

“Where?” Hyunseung demanded to know.

He shook his head. “Like I said earlier, it’s a secret.”

“Hey, you better tell us or we’ll make sure you’re not going on your honeymoon,” Yoseob said but he was teasing.

Seungho looked at Ji Yong. “Well, aren’t you a happy person today?” he asked.

“Of course!” Onew spoke up.

“He got married to his girl!” Mingo added and Key patted Ji Yong on the back.

Ji Yong nodded and everyone could see the happiness in his eyes. “I know. Soo-Jin is cool. I’m married to Lia. I have a family with her. Everything’s all good.”

“Speaking of family, where are the triplets, Ji Yong?” G.O asked suddenly and he looked around. “I haven’t seen the three of them since their random outburst during the wedding today.”

"Gikwang, Taemin and Thunder are with them,” Tae Yang replied. “I think Dongwoon and Key just went to them too.”

“Your babies are adorable,” Junhyung said.

Ji Yong beamed. He turned to Seung Ri. “I know I was originally Eunhye’s godfather but I don’t think there’s any point to it since I’m her father but do you want to be the godfather?” he asked.

Seung Ri nodded, smiling warmly at his leader. “Sure.” He was happy enough to take the role of a godfather.

The dance ended and Joon came back. It was Mir’s turn to dance with Lia. Ji Yong was watching them with a thoughtful look on his face. “Does Mir like Lia?” he asked, turning to MBLAQ.

They all burst out laughing.

“Mir is really obvious,” G.O said, shaking his head. “I need to talk to him later.”

Jonghyun locked him in his arms and gave him a noogie. “What make you think you’re a professional in love?” he teased.

Hyunseung snorted and folded his arms. “Please, I’m the professional,” he said, laughing as everyone began joshing around.

After a couple more dances suddenly they found TOP next to them grinning from ear to ear like a complete idiot.

“What’s up with you?” Dongwoon, who came back from taking care of the triplets, asked him.

“My sister and I are okay,” he beamed and everyone was relieved to hear that. “She’s not mad at me anymore.” He turned to Ji Yong and cuffed him on the back. “You treat my sister right or all of us will come after you.”

Ji Yong nodded, sighing inwardly. It was just that he already had that talk from all of the others. It didn’t help that there were nineteen of them (SHINee, BEAST, MBLAQ, Seung Ri, Dae Sung and Tae Yang) and now twenty, counting TOP. But he knew they all meant well.

Lia was really precious to everyone.

At last he was able to dance with her again (he had to wait a few more dances because YG people and Se7en, Chung Ho and many others all wanted to dance with her) and he took her in his arms.

She giggled, hugging him. “Hi, Mr. Kwon,” she said in a chirpy voice.

He smiled. “Hello, Mrs. Kwon,” he said as he nuzzled her neck. “I’ve missed you.”

She giggled again. “I think I must have at least danced with all the guys here including my own dad and President.” She paused. “Oh and with my sons as well.” She smiled, looking up to her husband.

Ji Yong cupped her face and kissed her. “I am excited for our honeymoon,” he whispered into her ears.

“Where are we going anyway?” she asked. “I know Soo-Jin Unnie knows but she refused to tell me absolute anything.”

He chuckled. “I know. I told her not to.”

Her eyes went wide. “You —!”

He hugged her, leading her away from the dancing crowd, out to the reception hall. There he kissed her long and deep and she wavered a bit, kissing him back. “You’ll find out once we are there,” he murmured sweetly.

She nodded faintly, too weak to argue. She just kissed him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Ji Yong nudged Lia. “Psst, Lia, wake up. We’re here,” he said.

Lia woke up and glanced around to see that people have begun to get out of the plane. She yawned tiredly. “We’re really here? Where are we?” she asked.

He laughed, pinching her cheeks. “Come on.” He took her hands and they gathered their things and they walked out of the plane to the airport. They took their luggage and he flagged a taxi. They got in and he told the taxi driver the location they were supposed to go to.

“Where are we?” Lia asked, still groggy.

He smiled. “Hawaii,” he told her. “I know how much you always wanted to come here.”

Her eyes grew wide with excitement and he laughed at her face expression. “Omo, are you kidding me?” she exclaimed, sitting up, now fully awake. She hugged him. “I love you!”

He hugged her back, kissing her softly on the forehead. “I know.” He smiled.

Since it was at night, by the time they had reached their hotel, Lia was tired although she was also very hyper. They got to their room. Ji Yong smiled at her. “You can bathe first.”

She nodded, hurrying to the showers. Once the hot water , she sighed, smiling. It was amazing, how she ended up marrying him and she was so happy. When she was done, she dried herself and walked out, wrapped in her towel.She didn’t notice Ji Yong’s eyes watching her as she rummaged through her bags for her clothes. He bit his lip, standing up and headed for the showers. “I’ll be right back,” he told her and closed the door shut.

“Okay!” She got dressed and blow-dried her hair. Then she got into bed and waited for Ji Yong to get in with her. She looked up to the ceiling, smiling like a fool.

“I married Kwon Ji Yong!” she whispered to herself, giggling like a fangirl.

Finally she heard Ji Yong emerging out and she sat up to find him smiling at her in only his boxers. He got in bed next to her and snuggled up to her, turning the lights off as he did.

They kissed and embraced each other in ways they haven’t in a very long time.