Kiss and Make Up

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

Seung Ri woke up to the sun shining in his eyes. He yawned as he stretched. He went back to Lia’s room and found her waking up. She looked up. “Morning,” she said softly, the pain obviously there.

He winced slightly. “Morning.”

She got her towel and went to bathe while he sat on her bed. When she came out, Seung Ri was surprised to see her fully dressed. He was confused. Normally she would get dressed in front of him. He wasn’t being a ert, but seeing as they were going to have a child and that they were sleeping with each other, it felt normal to get dressed in front of each other. So why is she suddenly . . . ? She didn’t even give him a daily morning kiss.

Was he losing her now?

He didn’t like it. He walked over to her and hugged her from behind. He snuggled up close to him. It reminded her of Ji Yong hugging her a few hours ago and how she had wished it was Seung Ri. Now that Seung Ri was actually hugging her like that, she wanted to give in but she couldn’t help but noticed it felt a little . . . forceful.

She quickly pushed him away. “I have to make the bed,” she made an excuse and went on to distract herself with the bed-making.

He helped her make the bed but he couldn’t help himself from glancing over to her. It was when he finally took full notice of her. She was so tired, getting thin despite her growing belly. She had dark rings under her eyes and her usual shiny hair was still shiny but he could see a feel tangled knots. She looked so sad it was heartbreaking.

Finally he couldn’t stand it anymore. Seung Ri sauntered over to her and kissed her on the lips. He pushed her gently back on bed, very careful with her stomach. “Lia . . .”

She pushed him away again. “What are you doing, oppa?!”

“Lia, I’m sorry,” he said, throwing away his pride. “But I was hurt. I heard you tell hyung that you will always love him more than me. I was hurt but I should’ve talked to you about it instead of ignoring you. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I didn’t mean to make you cry to sleep at nights. I’m such a terrible person and I’m a failure at being your boyfriend. You deserve someone who loves you and would be there for you. Someone like Ji —”

“Stop it now,” she said firmly, covering his mouth with her finger. “You silly babo,” Lia said affectionately. “I’m sorry, too, for hurting you. But you should know that although I love him more that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. I do. And eventually, who knows, the feelings might fade away and I will fully love you.”

“Really?” he asked her hopefully.

She nodded, smiling at him. “Really.” She leaned forward to kiss him deeply on the lips. “I love you, Maknae Oppa.”

“Lia.” Seung Ri crushed her to him, kissing her back. He was so happy to know that things between them were okay again. Everything is going to be fine.

 

Things went back to the way it was. Lia and Seung Ri were happy and Ji Yong was glad to see Lia smiling again. It’s how it was supposed to be.

The concert came and it was a huge success. Big Bang earned more fame after that and their schedule got less hectic and they had more free time. Lia was thrilled because it meant the boys would be home more often. As it neared to Lia’s seventh month of pregnancy, Big Bang and YG Family were more cautious and more watchful over her. Lia didn’t know whether she should like it or feel suffocated by it.

Chung Ho had even told her to stop going to work until she had given birth — but then he even gave her a one-month paternity leave. She was displeased.

Big Bang tried their best to make Lia as happy as possible. It was hard because her mood swings were acting up but the one who had to pay for it the most was Seung Ri. But he was ever so patient and kind with her that it was impossible to stay mad at him for long. Lia was glad she didn’t always have to snap at him. It made her feel bad.

One day Big Bang and Lia were at the YG building for Big Bang’s usual routine. It was nearing lunch but Ji Yong, being the leader, did not let them go off because he was dissatisfied with their dance. He kept asking them to dance all over again until they had perfected it but he was still not happy with the results.

“Lia, go for lunch,” he told her after the fifth time they had to dance to the same song. “I’m not sure how long more it’ll take for us to get this right.”

The others nodded.

“It’s okay. I can wait.”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded although she was practically hungry. She lied because she wanted to eat lunch with them. So she stayed with them, even when it was going to one-thirty. She had to drink a lot of water from starvation. The boys kept insisting that she go down to the canteen and eat but she kept refusing.

“Lia, oh Lia,” an all-too-familiar singsong voice spoke up from behind her. “What are you doing?”

She turned around and grinned at Minzy, the maknae of 2NE1, who was smiling at her. “Annyeong, Minzy,” she said brightly to the bubbly girl. “I’m waiting for the boys to finish up their practice.”

Ji Yong glanced over at them and gave her a grimace. “Minzy, I need help,” he said to his junior. “Can you drag this stubborn girl down to lunch? She does not seem to want to go.”

“Aish, I don’t want to abandon you guys!” Lia protested.

“And to which we are very grateful,” Tae Yang spoke up, “but in your condition —”

“Mehrong!” Lia poked her tongue out.

Seung Ri’s eyes went wide. “Did you just — but how —?” the maknae spluttered.

TOP narrowed his eyes accusingly at Minzy who had the word ‘guilty’ written all over her face. “You are the culprit who taught my sister that, aren’t you?” he demanded.

Minzy put on her poker face and pointed to herself, her eyes wide. “Me?” she scoffed. “I think not. It must be from all of the dramas Dara Unnie gave her to watch. Right, Lia?”

Lia only giggled. “Uh sure, whatever you say, Minzy,” she said.

“Mwo?” Dara called from the doorway as she made her way over with Chaerin and Bom following behind her. “I heard my name.”

Chaerin and Bom joined in the conversation as well. Lia leaned back and smiled, listening to their bickering. It was nice when 2NE1 came by. It was good to have some girl companions instead of her being the only girl all the time. They kept her amused, especially whenever Ji Yong bullies Minzy. She giggled as they were now arguing about who taught Lia to be so rebellious. It seemed like it was 2NE1 versus Big Bang. It also seemed like the girls were winning, the fact that Lia needed to eat lunch all forgotten. But her good luck did not last very long.

Finally Ji Yong pointed at her. “Look, I don’t care who taught her to be so rebellious. Can you just take her to lunch please?”

Lia kissed him lightly on the cheek. “Calm down, Ji Oppa,” she said to him and he made a face. “Don’t lose your head.”

“My head is still perfectly in contact with my body,” he grumbled, unimpressed.

She rolled her eyes.

The girls of 2NE1 looked sorry at Big Bang. “Mianhae, Ji Yong. We just had our lunch and Teddy-sshi needs all of us in the recording room now,” Bom spoke up apologetically.

“Is there anyone down at the canteen at least?” TOP asked.

“Um, no, I don’t think so. Everyone just finished their lunch,” Chaerin answered.

“We could see her down to the canteen,” Dara offered.

“We need someone to watch over her,” Seung Ri replied.

Lia sighed. The boys were being their usual overly-protectiveness mode. Chaerin noticed the young girl’s frustration and she laughed kindly. “It’s okay. The boys mean well. They’re just worried about you.” She looked at the wall clock. “Whoops, we gotta go. Take care, Lia.” She hugged her in a tight embrace before she hurried off, the others following.

Ji Yong sighed as he turned to the other members of Big Bang. “We have to get this right so Lia can eat,” he commanded them. “If anyone messes up, you’re on laundry duty until Lia gives birth. Understand?”

Seung Ri, Dae Sung, Tae Yang and TOP all gulped with fear. Their leader can be quite fierce when he wants to be, like now. They knew he wasn’t joking about the laundry duty. Lia bit her lips from laughing.

“I’ll take her if you guys want.”

They looked up to see Se7en standing by the door with a smile. He walked over to Lia, patting her on the head. “Annyeong, little one. How are you?” he asked her.

She beamed at him. “Dong Wook-sshi!” She frowned. “I would give you a hug if not for this even littler one.” She pointed to her belly. She sighed.

He laughed at her, ruffling her hair in an affectionate way. “Would ramen be good?”

“Cool.” She nodded. “Let’s go!”

Big Bang could only stare at them in utter disbelief. “How could you get Mei to listen to you so easily and yet she rebels against us all the time?!” TOP asked. “What’s your secret, sunbae?”

Se7en let out a laugh. “I did nothing. I have no secret. Whatever I say, she listens. Why don’t you ask her?”

Lia shrugged. “I like Dong Wook-sshi so I listen to him,” was all she replied, giggling. She knew what their reactions were going to be so she quickly dragged Se7en out of the room. “I’ll see you guys later!”

“Aish, that girl,” TOP mumbled. “Maknae, that’s your girlfriend.”

“What? That girl is Ji Yong Hyung’s best friend,” the maknae replied.

“That is Dae Sung’s crazy partner in crime,” Ji Yong shot back.

Dae Sung shook his head. “Nuh-uh, she’s Young Bae Hyung’s dog-walking friend,” he spoke up.

“She’s Seunghyun Hyung’s little sister,” Tae Yang said.

“Okay, stop it. We’re just going around in circles,” TOP sighed exasperatedly. “Don’t we have to practice?”

Ji Yong smacked his head. “Right. Okay, let’s do this. Get into your positions now,” he commanded.

They went to their positions and were about to start when Dae Sung suddenly spoke up, “Ji Yong Hyung, will we still have to do laundry duty until Lia gives birth if any of us messes up?”

The others groaned. They knew Ji Yong had forgotten about it.

“Absolutely,” he said firmly.

“Omo, Dae Sung, I hate you,” the others all muttered darkly as the music started playing.

 

Lia and Se7en were on their way back to the practice room. It was after they had eaten their ramen. They were laughing and joking around when Lia saw three other figures in the practice room with Big Bang. They were all boys and they all looked as though they were around her age. She turned to Se7en. “Do YG have new trainees?” she asked him curiously.

He shrugged. “Ah, not that I’m aware of,” he replied which didn’t really help.

They went inside the room and the three younger boys turned at the sound of the door closing. Their mouths dropped when they saw Lia, eyeing her stomach. “Lia??”