What Shall We Name Our Babies?

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

The boys began to talk excitedly among themselves, each of them carrying a baby in their arms.

“Looks like you and Lia have some name-discussing later,” Ji Yong told Seung Ri, who nodded.

“Wow, triplets,” was all TOP could say.

“I never expected this,” Seung Ri managed to say. He turned to TOP. “When Lia goes for her checkup, didn’t the doctor say anything about her carrying triplets?”

TOP slapped his forehead. “Come to think of it, she goes in by herself and comes out by herself. All she told me was that the baby was healthy and for me not to worry.”

“Why would Lia keep such a secret from us?” Ji Yong wondered. “It’s very dangerous. It was a good thing she actually knew, otherwise who knows what might have happened.”

“Especially since she’s very fragile,” Seung Ri agreed.

They continued to chat as the doctors and nurse cleaned up around the room when Ji Yong looked at Lia.

She seemed to be closing her eyes, nodding her head.

“Is she okay?” he asked the nurse nearby.

She nodded. “Oh yes,” she replied. “Most woman after giving birth gets very tired from using so much strength — what more with her, giving birth to three. Don’t worry, she’s just falling asleep. She’s not dying.”

“Let her sleep,” Seung Ri whispered to the others and they nodded, quietly leaving the room with the three newborn babies safely in their arms.

 

When Lia woke up later, everything was so blurry. She was a little fazed but she could remember what happened. She looked around and smiled. Ji Yong was sitting on her right side, his head on the bed. Seung Ri was on her left. Both of them were fast asleep. She both of their hair. They stirred, but they didn’t wake up.

But where was her brother?

Her question was answered when the door opened few seconds later and her brother came inside. She smiled at him and he realized that she was awake. “Oh, you’ve finally woken up,” he said. “I miss you. Hello.”

“How long was I out for?” she wanted to know. “What time is it now? Where are my babies?”

He smiled. “You were out for three hours,” he replied. “It’s now nine in the morning. And your babies are in the baby room. Do you want them to send them in here?”

She nodded. He was about to turn to call a nurse when she said, “Only when Ji Oppa and Maknae Oppa wake up.”

He shook his head. “I don’t know why they are sleeping,” he grumbled, turning around to sit on an empty chair and folded his arms across his chest. “They didn’t put so much effort like you had to. Three! Jun Mei you babo, why didn’t you tell any of us? Do you have any idea that you were risking your own life? Do you want to die? I’m so mad at you right now yet so relieved you’re alive! You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

Lia laughed quietly to herself. “I’m sorry for causing you a heart attack,” she replied. “I knew I was carrying triplets. I knew what I was getting myself into. I was careful, Bingu Oppa. I am fine now. Have you told Bae Oppa, Dae Sung Oppa and the others yet?”

He slapped his forehead. “Omo, I knew I had forgotten to do something! I will be right back!” He stood up and left the room to make a phone call.

She giggled but frowned when Ji Yong woke up because of the door closing behind TOP. “Hey, sleepy,” she said softly.

He looked up and smiled at her. “Hey back to you,” he replied. “How are you feeling?” He took her hand and rubbed it gently. “You must be feeling pretty tired after everything that has happened.”

She nodded. “I am.”

He stood up and kissed her lightly on the lips. His lips lingered on hers for awhile. He wished that she was his, even though he knew it can’t happen and even though he was with Soo-Jin, who he has feelings for. “Lia, I’m glad you’re okay,” he whispered. “You scared me back there, when we found out that you have been carrying triplets all this while.

“Save the talk; Bingu Oppa already lectured me about it.” She could feel his hot breath on her face. It was something she dearly missed. She kissed him back. “I’m sorry,” she said after a long silence. “It must have hurt you, being here, watching me give birth to his kids.”

He pulled back, shaking his head. “Don’t ever think that, Lia,” he told her softly. He was so handsome; it broke Lia’s heart into pieces. “Don’t be sad on such joyful day, arraso? You needed your best friend and I am happy to be here with you.”

She smiled as he kissed her forehead. He sat back down as Seung Ri stirred, indicating that he was waking up. He rubbed his eyes and smiled at his girlfriend. “Hey,” he said. “How are you?”

She spread her arms wide and he hugged her tightly. He sat down next to her, putting his arms around her waist. He kissed her neck. “My baby girl is a mother of three,” he said in her ear sweetly.

Ji Yong watched them a little enviously yet he was really happy for the two of them. It was a mixture of envy and happiness. He shook his head slightly, trying to gather his thoughts. He looked around. “Where’s hyung?”

Lia giggled. “He went out to make phone calls,” she replied. “Apparently in the midst of everything, he forgot to call Bae Oppa to tell him the news.”

He nodded, scratching behind his neck. “I’ll leave you two alone. Do you want me to bring your babies in?”

They nodded and he left, leaving the two of them alone. They faced one another and smiled at each other. Lia was so happy that she finally gave birth. It was a lot of work.

He kissed her lips, showering her with love and affection. “Lia,” he murmured. He pulled her close to him.

There was a soft knock on the door. The door opened and three nurses came in, each of them pushing a baby cradle into the room.

“You babies,” they said before bowing and walking out of the room.

Seung Ri carried each of them carefully into Lia’s arms, holding his baby daughter. “What are we going to name them?” he asked her.

But she was in awed as she watched her babies sleep. “They are so cute,” she gushed. “They’re like angels. Omo, I love them so, so much.” She began to tear up.

He smiled, wiping her tears away gently with one thumb. “I’m proud too, jagiya. I’m so proud of what the two of us made together,” he said.

She smiled. “Anyway sorry, what were you saying just now?” she asked.

He chuckled. “What are we going to name our babies? We’ve only got one name.” Seung Ri paused. “Have you noticed we only decided on boys’ names and never girls’?” he asked.

She laughed. “Only because we thought — and hoped that we would have a boy first and then later a girl,” she replied. “What was the name of the boy’s name again?”

He stared at her incredulously. “Babo!” he said lightly. “How could you forget?”

She giggled. “Well, I guess our first born son would be called . . .” She frowned, looking down at her baby boys. “Omo, which one of them is the first son?” She began to panic.

Seung Ri had to suppress his laughter. “Uh, that one,” he replied, nodding to the one on her right arm.

“How do you know?!”

“Because the cradles are labeled with the numbers,” he explained. “The baby with the cradled number one is on your right.”

Lia looked at the cradles and sure enough, they were labeled. “Right,” she said stupidly. She glared at him. “Yah, it’s not funny. I really got scared.”

He couldn’t stop laughing.

“If I weren’t holding them, I’d punch you,” she snapped.

He kissed her gently. “So, coming back to the names,” he said. “Our first born is going to be called Seunghyun, after me and, of course, your brother.”

She nodded. “And then the baby . . .” She looked at him. “Would you kill me if we call him Kwan Yong?”

He smirked. “If you change the Kwan to Kwon and add a Ji in the middle, it’d be Kwon Ji Yong . . . oh.” It was suppose to be similar to Ji Yong’s name. He looked at her and smiled. “It’s all right with me, Angel.”

“Yeah, and we’ll call him Yongie so we will not be confused.” She laughed.

He laughed as well. “Then what should we name our daughter?”

She shrugged. “I’ve been thinking, but I did not come up with a good name yet,” she told him.

Seung Ri frowned thoughtfully. “Me too.” He sighed, thinking about it. “Oh, well, I have an idea.”

“What?”

He looked at her and told her his plan. She smiled and nodded, agreeing. They talked more about it, working out some things and how they were going to tell the other members of Big Bang. As if on cue, the door flew opened and all the rest of Big Bang came in the hospital room, looking excited to welcome the newborns into the family.

“Shhh,” Seung Ri, putting a finger to his lips. “They’re sleeping.”

Dae Sung found it very difficult to keep quiet but he managed to pull through. “Lia, why didn’t you tell any of us you were having triplets?” he asked in a whisper. A giggle ran through the entire room and he glared at TOP and Ji Yong.

Tae Yang smiled. “Oh, leave her,” he said to him.

“But —” he started to pout.

“Have you thought of the names yet?” TOP asked, cutting in.

They nodded. Lia looked to her baby on the right. “Big Bang, meet Seunghyun Junior,” she said. “He is named after his dad and after his uncle.”

TOP puffed his chest proudly and Ji Yong slapped him there. He winced. “Owww! That hurts you idiot!” He rubbed the sore bit where Ji Yong had smacked him.

“What about the other boy’s name?” Tae Yang asked.

“This is Kwan Yong,” Seung Ri told them.

“Sounds like Ji Yong,” TOP smirked.

Lia nodded, looking at her ex-boyfriend. “Exactly,” she replied softly.

Ji Yong smiled hugely at her, puffing his chest out too, dead chuffed. TOP took the opportunity for payback and whacked him twice as hard. “I hate you,” he muttered, clutching his chest in pain.

“What about your baby girl?” Dae Sung asked curiously.

Seung Ri and Lia exchanged glances and nodded. “Before we tell you,” Seung Ri began, “Bae Hyung, will you accept the honors of being Seunghyun’s godfather?”

Tae Yang beamed. “Of course.”

“Dae Oppa?” Lia called out. “Will you, with Kwan Yong?”

He nodded, pumping his fist in the air. “I’m a godfather!” he cried out happily.

Lia giggled before looking at Ji Yong who was looking at them intently. “Ji Oppa, will you be my daughter’s godfather, protecting her from harm and everything and being patient with her?”

He nodded. “Sure,” he replied, smiling.

“What about me?” TOP pouted.

“Yah, you’re already a blood-related uncle which is more than enough!” Lia scolded.

“You still haven’t told us the name of your daughter,” Dae Sung pointed out.

Seung Ri looked at his leader. “We couldn’t think of a name, so Ji Yong Hyung, will you name our daughter?”

Ji Yong pondered about the name. finally he smiled. “I’ve got it,” he said. “Her name is Grace. Or, in Korean, Eunhye.”