Those Cold Eyes

The Clandestine Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later...

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!! I’VE TOLD YOU TO NOT BRING A GIRL HOME AND THEN HER!!! THIS ISN’T A LOVE HOTEL, FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!”

Sungjong is just finished get himself dressed in his school uniform when a furious voice of his father could be heard right from outside of his room. Myungsoo’s room was right in front of Sungjong’s room, so when Mr. Kim screamed at the top of his lung at his oldest son in front of his room, Sungjong could also hear him very clearly too. “...So, I didn’t heard it wrong when I thought there’s a girl’s voice from hyung’s room last night...” Sungjong mumbled to himself while checking on his appearance in front of the mirror.

Sungjong opened the door of his room, and at the same time, a girl with doll–like face, with a pair of twinkling big eyes –it looks big because she was wearing a grey contact lens– and a pair of plump red lips, long wavy dark brown hair, slim body with nice curves with her s and butts looked like squeezable enough came out from the room and quickly walked away. Their eyes met for one second and it was enough for Sungjong to know which girl Myungsoo had brought home last night. “Oh... It’s Hani nuna...”

“I didn’t her, dad.”

Sungjong gulped hearing Myungsoo’s voice from the room. He was hesitant for a second before he took few steps forward and stopped next to Mr. Kim on the doorway, crossing his hands on his chest and he was sending a murderous glare at his oldest son inside his room. Sungjong looked inside the room and he found Myungsoo still lying on his bed lazily, the sheet was covering his waist down. Since Myungsoo was shirtless, Sungjong was pretty sure Myungsoo got nothing to cover his lower area too. Sungjong had restrain himself from blushing at the thoughts.

“We’re just playing cards together and fell asleep together, that’s all.” Myungsoo simply said. But Mr. Kim only rolled his eyes, he knew if Myungsoo was lying. Myungsoo was now in his second year of high school. Started from a year ago when he’s still a freshman, his attitude suddenly changed, completely changed to a total jerk! Sure Mr. Kim knows if his oldest son maybe is the most handsome person in this world, that could kill every girls with just a wink and dimpled smile. But he never knew Myungsoo would use those advantages for becoming a playboy!

Yes! A playboy! Around few months after Myungsoo got into first year of high school, he started dating with every girl in his classroom. Mr. Kim didn’t mind it at all at first, until Myungsoo began to bring the girls home, and then ed them inside his room. Mr. Kim already told Myungsoo for nth times already to stop doing that, but his son just wouldn’t listen to him. Sometimes, Myungsoo would also shouted back at him, telling him to mind his own business. Mr. Kim really had no idea about the reason why his used–to–be obedient son became like this.

Myungsoo groaned in annoyance. He hated it to start his morning with his father lecturing him –that he grown bored hearing it–, it just made his mood getting worse. To avoid of getting more of his father’s daily ‘speech’, Myungsoo decided to escape to the bathroom. Myungsoo stood up and before his legs lead him to the bathroom, his eyes caught the figure of his younger brother next to his father.

When their eyes met, Myungsoo was giving Sungjong his coldest look with that very thick gaze of hatred. Sungjong gulped down his saliva before he also returned the same kind of gaze to Myungsoo. The battle of gazing only lasted for few seconds though before Sungjong turned his head away and walked leaving the room. Myungsoo tsk–ed at the sight of the–walking–away Sungjong’s back, slamming the door shut roughly and making Mr. Kim flinched.

“Aish, this kid is really–” Mr. Kim grumbled in annoyance by Myungsoo’s behavior. Nothing to do with his oldest son anymore, Mr. Kim joined Sungjong walking to the dining table to have breakfast. Speaking of Sungjong, Mr. Kim actually had a guess if Myungsoo’s sudden change of behavior is related with his first fight with Sungjong back then. Mr. Kim even still remembered about it very clearly.

“I think we should stop calling each other “Myungie hyung” and “Jongie”, hyung. We’re not children anymore. Its just so unsuitable for us to call each other like that, and hugging like that.” Sungjong grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and abruptly detached it from his wrist. Myungsoo’s jaw slightly dropped open at Sungjong’s change of attitude. “And there’s nothing wrong with me. I just feel it’s time for us to grow up.”

“Seriously, Jongie. What’s wrong? Why are you behaving like this? Did I do something to make you angry? Or did I say something wrong? Tell me, Jongie!” Sungjong hung his head low, he kept his mouth shut, not intending on answer Myungsoo’s question. He just walked away, out of the house, and this time, Myungsoo didn’t stop him. “Why, Jongie? Why...?”

Sungjong who had been always being clingy to Myungsoo and always didn’t want to be separated with him, suddenly asked Myungsoo to stay away from him, saying because it’s time for them to grow up and to stop doing such childish things like calling each other with cute pet names and the others. Sungjong never gave Myungsoo an answer everytime the latter asked him the reason. He always answered ‘It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.’ everytime his parents asked him about it too.

At first, Myungsoo wasn’t giving up yet. But he’s tired of Sungjong’s cold attitude to him that he finally gave up after he graduated from the junior high and entered the senior high. And finally, the playboy Myungsoo was born.

“Father… Your cup is full already…”

“Huh?” Mr. Kim snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Sungjong’s words. He looked down to realize he was now sitting on the dining table, and his hand had been holding a coffee jar, pouring it to his cup and he was too deep in his thoughts to realize the cup was already full, causing the coffee to dripping out of the cup and spilled on the tablecloth. “Oops.”

Mr. Kim wondered if both of his sons’s bond could be restored like before again one day.

Sungjong stared at his teacher lecturing him and his fellow classmates an English lesson. Even if Sungjong’s eyes are directed to the teacher and he looked like he’s listening to the teacher’s lecture intently, he actually was thinking about something else in his mind. An image of him listened to a girl’s moan last night and tried to hide his head under his pillow, of Hani left the room and of Myungsoo’s form with the sheet covering his lower parts, kept replaying in his mind like a broken tape.

‘Myungsoo hyung brought a girl home and ed her…again. 4 days ago, Myungsoo hyung brought a girl named Junghwa and also ed her in his room too. And now, he brought Hani nuna instead of Junghwa. So that means, he changed his girlfriend…again.’

Sungjong indeed looked so calm this morning, like he didn’t care about Myungsoo’s problem at all. But he was actually hurting and crying inside his heart. He praised himself for doing well on hiding it. Sungjong hated it. He hated Myungsoo’s habit to bring a girl and then have . He hated he have to listen to Myungsoo’s and the girl’s moans of pleasure in the night and made his pillow wet because of tears. He hated the fact that Myungsoo was aware if Sungjong could hear him but he didn’t try to keep their voices low. He hated it because it only hurts him. And he also hated himself for still be in love with Myungsoo after years has passed.

Everytime Myungsoo looked at him with those hateful eyes, it pierced right through his heart. At first, Sungjong always ran away into his room so he could cry, but lately, he already get used to it and he even managed to return the same kind of look to Myungsoo too –which of course Myungsoo got surprised at it–. There was once or twice Sungjong felt he couldn’t bear it anymore, and he wanted to apologize to Myungsoo for being so cold and stayed away from him without a proper reason, so they could restore the bond between them.

But Sungjong always reminded himself about the reason why he had done those things, because it’s for their own sake too. Sungjong had once decided to end this hurtful things between them when he have erased his feelings for Myungsoo completely later, but he doubted that he could do it. It’s not easy to unlove Kim Myungsoo.

“What are you thinking about, Sungjongie?”

Sungjong snapped out of his thoughts when there’s a voice calling his name. He turned his head to his right, and looked up to see there’s a person standing next to him. “Hoya hyung…” Sungjong looked around to see the class had been dismissed because it’s lunch break already. He was too deep in his thoughts to realize that.

The said Hoya smiled at Sungjong. He stuffed his one of his hands into his pocket, searching for something inside. Hoya took one of Sungjong’s hands and put a yellow colored wrapped candy onto the younger boy’s palm. Sungjong let his eyes wandered into the yellow thing before he squealed at happiness. “Lemon candy!”

“You seemed to have a lot of thoughts, so I give you this.” Hoya smiled, thinking it’s cute that Sungjong could get so happy just because of one tiny candy. Hoya bent his body down so that their eyes were in the same level. “You looked so gloomy and it ruined your pretty face. Smile, would you?”

Sungjong glared at Hoya’s ‘pretty face’ word. If Myungsoo had grown up to be the most handsome person in this world that could kill girls with his wink and dimpled smile, then Sungjong had grown up to be the most beautiful man in this world that made girls envy her face and boys fell over him. It’s not just his face, Sungjong’s body could be considered as better than any iest girls in this world too. Sungjong was aware of those, and he didn’t hate nor like it. But he always feel annoyed everytime his friends , and Lee Howon or Hoya, was one of them.

Hoya was one year older than him, so he is Sungjong’s sunbae. But he always visited Sungjong’s class every lunch break, to have lunch together. Hoya treated Sungjong like his real younger brother and Sungjong also treated him like his real older brother too. Hoya was Sungjong’s favorite hyung –next after Myungsoo of course–. “How can you always have lemon candy inside your pocket?” Sungjong asked in curiosity, because every time Hoya came into his class, he always gave him one lemon candy out of his pocket.

“Because I know that my dear dongsaeng Sungjongie loves lemon candy a lot. That’s why I always bring some with me.” Hoya explained.

“Aww hyung~ That’s so sweet of you~” Sungjong couldn’t deny Hoya’s words makes his heart fluttered. The oldest boy was really just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter