Chapter Eight

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


Groups of men ran past Sae Kyung, panicked expressions on their features. The safe house itself seemed to be in turmoil as gang members of BAP took up arms and jumped into cars that sped away as soon as the last member of their party entered the vehicle.

Alarmed, Sae Kyung and Himchan ran towards Zelo, who shouted instruction to the members in quick succession.

“What’s going on?” Himchan demanded roughly, his eyes darting from one place to another.

“Our safe house in northern Seoul was attacked this morning by Block B. Last I heard, they bribed some kids from our side to surrender the northern region. Motherers.” Zelo spat before roaring at a throng of men passing them, “Don’t take the ing grenades, we still have our people in there!” Zelo stormed off in the direction of the cars looking like a hurricane ready to unleash its wrath.

“Yongguk!” Sae Kyung called out, seeing the leader studying a map laid out on the table in front of him with fierce concentration. He looked up at the sound of his name and beckoned the two of them. Rushing forward, Sae Kyung immediately stood to Yongguk’s right and studied the map as well. The map displayed back alley ways and entrances to their safe house in northern Seoul, the base of their operations in that region. Small black arrows represented areas in which Block B had already succeeded in seizing their region.

“Me and Himchan will go and scout the place, take out some guys where there aren’t as many guards.” Sae Kyung could see the veiled anxiousness in her leader, the fear of losing more members than they already had when the attack first started. She understood the importance of protecting s but to lose the northern region of Seoul would also severely cripple their financial income, not to mention holding on the other regions.

“Alright. I’ll send Jongup with you. Check out the place but stay hidden until you hear word from me. Jongup!” The lean but muscular member approached them and nodded his head in understanding.

“I think we should stick towards the east side of the warehouse. There’s a lot more areas for cover.” Jongup said sternly, his eyes quickly moving from the leader to Sae Kyung and Himchan to the commotion in the safe house. The three people moved in unison towards the car of youngest of the group. His Audi A8 started as Sae Kyung pulled her rifle out from her car and placed it into his. Himchan pulled a large black bag from Sae Kyung’s trunk containing some assault rifles and extra scopes for Sae Kyung’s rifle. Checking that his butterfly knives were safely on him, he sat in the back seat while Sae Kyung sat up front and the three members took off towards North Seoul.

 

It was quiet when they got there, the silence eerie in nature which only heightened Sae Kyung’s suspicion. With the amount of people that left the southern warehouse, there should be guns blazing and some type of commotion but it was quiet. Jongup gave the other two a frown and cut the engine, leaving the three in complete silence. Gripping her bag tighter to her shoulder, Sae Kyung opened the car door and set up as quickly as she could.

Himchan crouched down next to her as he passed her scope to complete the rifle.

“You see anything?” He whispered as she looked through her scope and adjusted the rifle to fit her body, a familiar picture.

“Nothing. Either they’ve left or it’s an ambush. I don’t think we should engage.”

“Well, we can’t just stay here.” Growled Jongup who looked like an agitated tiger ready to pounce.

Grabbing Jongup behind the neck, Sae Kyung pulled him down just as one of Block B’s members appeared at the right window on the second floor of the warehouse. B-bomb peered out towards the entrance of the warehouse before disappearing behind the wall.

“What are they waiting for?” Sae Kyung mumbled to herself. She lowered the scope towards the entrance which was empty, when Himchan pushed her aside while screaming,

“They got a sniper!” Before Sae Kyung could register his comment, blood poured out from Himchan’s chest as another bullet soared past the two.

“Get up! Get to the car now!” Jongup barked while shooting towards the roof of the safehouse. Sae Kyung pulled Himchan onto her back and ran to the car, her adrenaline pushing her limits. Ripping the car door open, Sae Kyung placed Himchan in the back seat and took off her shirt, creating a makeshift bandage for his wound.

“Put pressure on this. I’ll kill that son of a . Jongup!” She called, who ceased firing and sprinted towards the car. “Close the door and press down on his shoulder.” Leaving her best friend in Jongup’s care, Sae Kyung ran out to her sniper and pointed it up towards the roof, the position she would have chosen to set up.

Lo and behold, she saw the other sniper who was currently shooting at Jongup’s car. It looked like the one called U-Kwon, from his signature Mohawk. Taking a deep breath and releasing, Sae Kyung aimed her rifle to his forehead, leaving no room for error. The shooting desisted for a moment as he realized that one person was missing. His rifle swiveled towards Sae Kyung’s position as she smirked, basking in his terror before releasing the trigger.

She watched as his head flew back and a torrent of blood followed the movement. Feeling a deep satisfaction, Sae Kyung seized her rifle and tossed it into the passenger seat before rushing to the driver’s seat and reversing out of the forest.

“He won’t make it back to the southern warehouse. We have to go to a hospital. There’s one off exit 34 once you make a right here. Hyung, stay with me you can’t fall unconscious!” Jongup instructed the bloody man. Himchan’s eyes fluttered dangerously as he coughed up blood trying to speak.

“S-sae Kyung, if I don’t ma-ake it d-don’t lose hope. You can still f-fin-”

“Himchan don’t you dare ing do this to me! Stay awake! I swear if you die on me I’ll ing kill you!” Sae Kyung roared as she pressed down on the accelerator harder.

“I’ll m-miss her-r…” Himchan uttered before he passed out, his face rapidly losing color due to blood lose.

“HIMCHAN!”

 

Sae Kyung paced outside the operating rooms, her hands shaking from the loss of adrenaline in her system and morbid fear. The moment Himchan was shot kept replaying over and over again in her mind, blood spilling everywhere. That sniper wasn’t there when she first inspected the place which means U-Kwon had come out after B-bomb peered out. He was quick, that window couldn’t have been more than 10 seconds which means he was already set up and just waiting for them to arrive. It still left out the question of where all the other BAP men were if not at that location. What was their end game? Their goal?

“Sae Kyung!” Before she could see who called her name, a pair of warm arms engulfed her.

“Yongguk.” She breathed, allowing the tension to melt away as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

“I’m so sorry. I should have been there.” He murmured into her ear.

“Turns out Block B drove off once our guys got there, leading them away from the warehouse. They got away. And they got our warehouse.” Zelo snarled as he sat next to Jongup who was leaning forward with his hands folded in front of him. Neither he nor Sae Kyung had washed Himchan’s blood off of them, the fear keeping them at the operating room entrance.

“You okay?” Yongguk asked Sae Kyung and she shook her head, her hands trembling harder as the severity of the moment hit her full force.

Himchan could die in there. And it was all her fault.

Had she just been more vigilant, looked up instead of down, he would be next to her right now and not in there fighting for his life.

A dry sob escaped her lips as the fear that enslaved her heart grasped leaving her choking on her last breath. He’d been her constant companion for years now, what would she do without him? Yongguk guided her to a bench and massaged her hand, praying to the gods that Himchan would not die.

He watched as she began to hyperventilate and his heart shattered at the raw fear and trepidation he saw in her eyes. He prayed Himchan survived so Sae Kyung would be spared from despair that would entrench her should he succumb to the darkness.

The light above the operation room dimmed and a surgeon exited the automatic doors, blood splattered everywhere on her light blue scrubs.

“Kim Himchan’s guardian?” She called out as her weary eyes passed each person before they landed on Sae Kyung’s, who jumped up once she heard his name.

“Yes?” Sae Kyung croaked. Yongguk held her around the waist and swore that if the hospital ed up his operation, he would destroy this place.

“Kim Himchan is stable. He lost a lot of blood but the makeshift bandage worked well. Luckily, the bullet missed his heart and instead shattered his collarbone. He’ll need to wear a sling for 12 weeks just to be safe. But he’ll be okay. He’s been moved to a room so you can visit him now.” The surgeon finished, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. Sae Kyung clutched her hand tightly while thanking her profusely for her hard work.

The four members relocated to Himchan’s private room, courtesy of Yongguk.

He looked washed out, like his skin was stretched too tight across his face and the occasional fogging of his oxygen mask was the only reminder that he was still alive.

Sae Kyung barreled toward the bed and took Himchan’s hand gingerly in her own. She placed his hand against her cheek and studied his face as if it was the last time. Yongguk tried not to let the stab of jealousy that pierced his heart take root while he scrutinized the image in front of him. He knew she had no romantic feelings for him and yet, he was terrified of losing her to her best friend.

“Himchan,” She started, her voice so low that only he could hear, “I am so sorry. This is all my fault. I swear, I will kill each and every last member of Block B. You rest now, I’ll finish what we started.” Sae Kyung vowed, her icy voice dripping venom with each word. She kissed the back of his hand before delicately shifting his hand back onto the bed.

“Noona, where are you going?” Zelo called after her, her body already halfway down the hospital wing. She paused and turned to look at the youngest member and he could never forget the look on her face; the cold, calculating look of fury that consumed every fiber of her being.

“I’m going to kill Zico.”

 

 


I know. I'm sorry. I'm still getting back into the swing of things so I'll be back with another update soon. Leave a comment!