Chapter Four

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


The seven individuals were back at Club Zero in the private lounge upstairs that overlooked the rest of the club. They could see some celebrities in the VIP section just below them having a good time. 

To Sae Kyung, it was both strange and shocking to see celebrities underneath their level, subtlety asserting their dominance of power not only in the club but also in reality. These celebrities that brought in millions in revenue of their own and yet were still subjugated to only the VIP lounge and not the top level where the few elite are allowed entrance. It only further added to the thought of BAP's power in the underground.

Scanning the room, Sae Kyung could see Yongguk and Jongup conversing, a lighthearted conversation whereas on the other side of the room Himchan and Youngjae were having a slightly more serious conversation. Daehyun was entertaining a famous lady friend, her name slipped from Sae Kyung's mind, in the corner of the room which left Sae Kyung with Zelo who was nursing his whiskey. 

He sent her an easy going smile as well as a flirtateous wink and took another sip of his drink. This act alone spoke volumes of someone his age. Most men in their early 20s drank whatever they could get their hands on to get drunk however this young man just sipped his drink, savoring the sharp yet rich taste of it. It led Sae Kyung to wonder what ordeals he had faced in his 20 short years, and of how long he had been in this life.

"How are you feeling?" His dulcet voice carried over near her ear, sending an involuntary shiver down her back.

"I'm feeling better, I think I'll be up to 100% by next week." answered Sae Kyung who poured more whiskey in Zelo's glass before he repeated the motion with her glass.

"Does that mean I'll get my date soon?" He teased, that mischevious smile present once again.

"Ask me again in 5 years, little boy." Zelo scowled but raised his glass to her in defeat. 

There was a knock on the door and all conversation stopped. A tense atmosphere permeated the room. Out of the corner of her eye, Sae Kyung could see Zelo's hand clutch the hidden pistol in the waistband of his jeans.

A large bodyguard entered the room and walked straight to Yongguk who listened to the man in rapt attention. A momentary grimace encompassed his features before he schooled his expression to one of cool indifference and nodded his head once to the other 6 members. 

As if rehearsed, Youngjae and Zelo made their way over towards Yongguk and Jongup, sitting strategically to cover their leader in case things got out of hand. Daehyun signaled to another bodyguard to his female friend back to the VIP lounge. Quickly gathering her possessions, she sent him a worried glance to which he just nodded and watched her leave. He stayed in his corner but closer to the door, maintaining an exit route should they need one. Sae Kyung was making her way to the other corner near the door when Yongguk called her name, signalling her towards him.

Pulling out two black face mask and a hat, he ordered, "Put it on. Give the other one to Himchan. They don't know who you are yet and I'd like to keep it that way. Tie your hair back and put your hoodie on." Sae Kyung nodded, placing the mask over , and made her way back towards Himchan and handed him a mask as well as the hat. Just as she finished tying her hair and pulling up her hood, the door opened once more allowing entrance to seven men, all with malevolent smirks.

"Yongguk, long time no see." The seemingly leader of the group voiced, his hair in blond dread locks atop his head. Sae Kyung thought he looked ridiculous to say the least.

"Zico. What brings you here?" Yongguk drawled, an obvious bored look on his face. Sae Kyung could see the grin on the man called Zico's face turn tense but relaxed once more.

"Kyung here was telling me how he saw some people scoping out our place in Daegu. Ring any bells?" jested Zico who sat across from Yongguk and poured himself a drink. Unlike the rest of BAP, the members of Block B lounged out on the sofas in the room, their attitudes screaming leisure and comfort which only aggrevated the other gang.

"You killed one of our deserters." Yongguk watched as Zico poured him a shot, a wicked gleam in his eyes as well as another emotion but much less pronounced. To a normal observer, it would look like mischief but Yongguk knew better. It was relief.

"Ah, that guy? I thought he was a spy or something. Pissed me off so I thought I'd teach him a lesson. Besides it's a win-win here, no? I kill a deserter, you keep your hands clean." Zico crossed his arms behind his head, surveying the room. "Lighten up guys, we're only here to say hi anyways. Oooh, guys and girl. And who may you be?" The blond was up in seconds, purring his question as he stood and held out his hand while bowing. Before his hand could reach Sae Kyung's, a gun was whipped out and pointed to his head from Himchan's steady hand. The rest of Block B looked on lazily, almost like they were watching a TV show.

"Touch her and you die." came Himchan's rough voice, the husky tone only making his threat more fearsome.

"Please, touch her. Then I can finally take over this stupid group. I think I'd make a better leader of the group, don't you think P.O?" intoned a feminine yet handsome man who sat next to the one called Kyung. He swished the amber liquid in his glass around while staring at his leader as if challenging him to do it.

"You're so mean to me JaeHyo!" whined Zico who removed his hand and body away from Sae Kyung but not before tossing her a knowing smile that turned to a malicious, sleazy grin. "I'm sure we'll meet again, Miss. I could never forget those beautiful eyes." Zico made his way back towards Yongguk and raised his shot glass to the older man before downing the substance.

Himchan lowered his weapon but kept it beside him. Sae Kyung shot him withering glare to which he answered with just a shrug.

On the other side, Youngjae could see from the corner of his eye Yongguk loosening the white knuckled grip he had on precious Wilson Combat X-TAC 1911 pistol, one of his two twin beloved handguns, before removing his hand away from the weapon altogether and instead reached for the shot glass Zico had poured for him and threw his head back along with the alcohol. Youngjae filed away Yongguk's reaction for further inspection and focused his attention once more to the seven men of Block B.

"Anything else?" Yongguk's tone of indifference was now laced with fire. Pure, unaltered, blazing fire.

"Ouch. And here I thought we were friends." Zico put on a fake show of hurt by laying a hand against his chest as he sprawled over Taeil's small frame. "Just kidding. Nah, but really we're here to tell you this: Stay out of our region." Zico cocked his head to the side and stared straight at Yongguk, malice and ill-intent swimming through his eyes.

"Is that a threat?" hissed Daehyun who looked like he was two seconds away from beating the out of Zico's cocky grin.

"Nope. Just a warning. We've been fighting too long over who has the bigger but it's childish now. I think we should stop now, don't you think Yongguk? You stay in your territory, which is quite large if I say so myself, and I'll stay in my tiny, itty bitty, little corner, yeah?" All seven members of Block B stood and made their way to the door, all wearing eating grins.

"I will find out your secret." was all Yongguk spat in distaste as the man.

Zico's grin grew even wider before answering, "Don't go down that rabbit hole, dear. Wonderland is even more ed up than you think and the King of Hearts isn't up for a game." Daehyun seemed to twich, his hand moving towards his gun until Yongguk  stopped him with a shake of his head. The seven people of BAP watched as Block B left their club.

"Hyung, we can just wipe them out now. They're all here." Daehyun looked vehemenly at the rival gang, his fingers still twitching towards his gun.

"No. He's hiding something. I need to find out what then plan our next move." Daehyun reluctantly nodded and turned towards Youngjae, speaking in low tones.

Himchan put away his gun and took the mask off as well as his hat before facing Sae Kyung.

"You good?" He inquired, extracting a cigarette from his back pocket.

"I can handle myself." She said neutrally, her eyes meeting Yongguk's across the room. He had an unreadable expression, not exactly cold but not warm either. Sae Kyung looked away first.

"What were you talking about with Youngjae before anyways?"

"He found something in the pictures I took. Told him I'd run it through Yongguk before checking it out.

The tense atmosphere disappated, but only slightly, after the departure of Block B however a lingering threat seemed to hang about the lounge. Everyone looked tense, as if ready for an attack any second now. Sae Kyung ws no different. She looked up once more in Yongguk's direction to see him walking towards her and Himchan. She sat a little straighter and released her hand from the back of her neck and gun, a nervous habit when she was anxious.

"Himchan, I heard from Youngjae you found something." Yongguk took the seat across from the pair on the table, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and arms clasped as if in prayer.

"Yeah, there was an address on one of the letters on the vanity. It was slightly burned but I looked it up. It's just a blank plot of land near a port from records dating a year ago but I think there might be something there." reported the man in question. Yongguk nodded his head, slient for a few seconds before looking at Himchan.

"I'm going to go check it out. I think I have an idea what that place is. Himchan, I want you to go with Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup and check out some areas around here. Me, Zelo, and Sae Kyung will go to Daegu." His eyes moved to Sae Kyung's, as if asking permission. She nodded once and he acknowledged it. Standing, Yongguk looked at the pair of them one last time. "We're leaving Monday. Be ready." The leader walked towards and murmured his plans to Zelo who looked at Sae Kyung then back to Yongguk before nodding.

"You know what you're going to find right?" Himchan asked, his eyes betraying his emotions as pain and concern for his friend spoke through them.

"I'll be fine. I can do it." She retorted shortly, not liking where the conversation was going.

"Kyung-ah...."

"Don't. Call me that." She interrupted icily, her eyes narrowing in Himchan's direction. He sighed in defeat then grabbed the cup containing clear, liquid alcohol and downed the contents of said cup.

"I can do it." Sae Kyung repeated lowly, however this time more for herself this time than for the man next to her. "I can do it."

 

 


Okay, so don't kill me. I know I haven't updated in a WHILE and there aren't really any excuses. I had a whole bunch of midterms then essays due consecutively and everything just piled up and I didn't have the time to update so I'm very, truely, extremely sorry. In penance, I swear that I will update at least every other week, if not every week. I'm sorry )": but some good news BAP is coming back! Yay, I'm very excited! I think this is the first author's note I've written for this story so if you don't already know, feel free to leave comments (good or bad)! Comments/reviews/criticisms always fuel me to write more and encourage me so don't be shy and leave one - it would be tremendously appreciated! I've also taken the liberty to write a little behind-the-scenes scenes extra since this story is so heavy and I'd like to lighten up if only just by a little :) I got this idea from a bleach fanfic I read and decided to use that idea here so enjoy this little extra (which will be relevant for this little universe I made) and I think i'll write one for every chapter if it seems good! Thanks for subscribing and reading and everything! You guys are the best! <3


 

extra:

Youngjae's eyes followed Sae Kyung as she walked over to Yongguk, telling him of her plans to leave and that she'd see him Monday. The exchange itself was normal; she was subtlety giving her respects to the man by stating her departure as would anyone under the leader. What caught his attention, howver, was the pistol that was handed to Yongguk by the woman. He vaguely heard her thanking him before leaving the premise with Himchan.

"Did you see that?" Youngjae whispered. Daehyun watched Yongguk look at his pistol then watch Sae Kyung leave the club with Himchan on her tail. A frown detailed his lips. Yongguk sighed before placing the pistol next to him.

"Did he just..." Daehyun started but couldn't finish. His mouth was open to a big 'O' and all thought processes stopped for the man.

"What are you guys gossipping about now?" chided Jongup, plopping down next to the two flabbergasted members.

"Yongguk hyung just lent Sae Kyung noona his pistol." Youngjae choked out.

"It's just a pistol..." remarked Jongup who was thoroughly confused.

"No. No. Hyung lent her HIS pistol." Daehyun emphasized, a creepy smile curved on his lips.

Whether it was ridiculously good timing or extremely bad luck, Jongup choked on his beer and hacked tremendously.

Zelo heard the commotion and made his way towards his three hyungs.

"What's going on?" Zelo comically slumped on top of Jongup and grinned at his hyungs who kept their intense gazes focused on the leader currently sipping his bourbon. Pouting, Zelo shifted off of Jongup and crossed his arms like a petulant child. He scowled and coughed loudly in an effort to claim their attention.

"Yongguk hyung let Sae Kyung noona borrow his pistol." Jongup finally uttered, a hint of awe and jealousy painted in his voice.

"Oh, the Wilson? He lets me borrow it all the time." Zelo said simply, looking at the three older men in puzzlement.

All three head snapped towards the youngest of the group.

"He what?!" The three chorused. Zelo's eyes widened comically and wondered if his hyungs were playing a prank on him. If they were it wasn't funny.

"Well yeah... I forget mine all the time and he lets me borrow one sometimes..." Zelo's words trailed off at the end of his sentence as we watched the three men go from confusion, to anger, to betrayal, to finally desolation.

"He told me no one gets to touch it..." muttered Daehyun. The other to nodded their heads in solidarity, hearing similar words from their leader. 

Yongguk finally turned towards his gathered members only to see three of them in perpetual gloom and one look confused but sheepish for a reason he didn't understand. 

Addessing the sheepish one, Yongguk raised one eyebrow in question to Zelo who only shrugged his shoulders while looking over to his hyungs with a frown. He was just as lost as his leader.

"Guys...?" Yongguk called slowly, as if they would break if he spoke too quickly or rashly.

The three looked at him before wailing in different voices,

"Why don't you love me?!"

"What's Zelo and Sae Kyung noona got that I don't?"

"You're a ba-a-a-dma-a-n... Don't give me any excuses in the end..."

Starled, Yongguk slowly backed away from the three members as they started to advance towards him.

"Zelo, what did you do?" Yongguk harshly vocalized to the youngest man who frantically looked between Yongguk and his other three hyungs. 

"Hyung. Run."