Chapter Seven

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


Yongguk exited the safe house behind Sae Kyung, his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

They had told the remaining members of their encounter and had not been disappointed in their reactions.

Yongguk divulged the information Sae Kyung had told him prior to the split as well as the outcome of the raid on the warehouse. Daehyun and Himchan wore identical looks of disappointment, Jongup sat stoically in the corner, and Youngjae looked on suspiciously at Sae Kyung to which she challenged with a glare of her own.

“I still don’t understand why he would just let you go. If I was him, I would’ve shot you.” Youngjae suspected, his eyes narrowing a bit.

“What are you trying to say?” The female snarled at Youngjae.

“Only that he had a reason he didn’t kill you. Maybe he’s planning something. Maybe there’s something you’re not telling us. Mayb-”

“That’s enough.” Yongguk’s icy voice bellowed. Daehyun shot his partner a look of incredulity. Youngjae quieted but kept his suspicious scowl aimed at Sae Kyung. Himchan’s previous look of disappointment was now warped into an icy glower and looked from Youngjae to Sae Kyung, ready to pounce on the former if necessary. “I trust Sae Kyung’s judgement and I think we’re all better off that she isn’t dead, no?” No one made a sound to their leader. He nodded his head, indicating the end of their discussion.

Sae Kyung abruptly stood and grabbed her jacket as she made her way to the door. Himchan followed her but she coldly shrugged off his hand, claiming she needed some air. He retreated but followed her with his eyes and frowned, a strangely contemplative grimace on his features. Yongguk looked towards Youngjae and Daehyun and could see the latter scolding the former. Grabbing his coat and keys, Yongguk made his way towards Sae Kyung out of the safe house.

Yongguk had also thought of the implication of Zico not killing Sae Kyung after their short encounter. He prayed that the only reason Zico let her live was because he truly only wanted to warn her and nothing else.  

Sae Kyung leaned against her car with her hands crossed in front of her and head tilted back gazing at the night sky. Resting next to her, Yongguk offered her a cigarette to which she declined. He put a flame to the end of the cigarette and breathed in the toxic fumes, the weight on his shoulders slightly lifted.

“Youngjae’s only worried about the whole situation. He’s always been the suspicious one out of the five of us.” Yongguk said, his voice carried out into the wind. He could hear her take a deep breath and he could feel the warmth from her jacket radiating to his arm.

“I know. Even I wondered why he just let me go. I’m not mad at him, just at the predicament.” She confessed, wrapping her arms tighter around her.

It was quiet that night. No planes were heard, no sirens, just the melancholy cry of cicadas. A soft breeze blew through the two of them, causing Sae Kyung to shiver. Leaning over, she pulled the cigarette from Yongguk’s lips and took a drag herself.

“Parliament Lights are better than these.” She commented, a small smile on her lips.

“Leave my cigarette choice to me, woman.” Yongguk countered as he snatched his cigarette back from her calloused hands. She let out a soft chuckle then closed her eyes.

Yongguk marveled at the woman next to him, slowly drinking in her image.

A soft glow encompassed her as if the moon shined around her to depict her soul. Her long brown curls were slightly tousled in the wind, the curls softening the harsh angles on her face. She had the slightest of smiles, warm yet somber on her pouty, dark pink lips which were imperceptibly parted as she took in deep breaths that heaved her chest in large motions.

She had an unconventional beauty, a beauty that shined the more you looked at her: all harsh lines on her face and lanky but muscular body frame with soft hair that meshed together to create something beautiful.

His first encounter with her had been two years ago in an abandoned alleyway, her cries echoing out in sorrow and panic. She was clutching her friend, now known as Himchan, who was pouring blood out of his leg and stomach. Ignoring his gut instinct to avoid civilians, he opted to help her move him to a hospital where she confessed to him their story. She and Himchan had been friends since childhood and the two of them got into the wrong crowd. They entered the gang life and before they knew it, they had made enemies with Block B due to a miscommunication on their part. Tonight, some guys had been sent to neutralize them but she killed them before any more damage could be done. Her face was blotchy and red, and snot ran down her face but all Yongguk could see in that moment were her expressive, amber brown eyes. He felt like he could fall into their depths, his soul out of his very body and into the endless pits of her eyes which expressed each emotion she had with such sincerity and vigor it made him want to run away from the raw genuine candor or fall mercilessly and wholeheartedly into its beauty.

Before he even realized what he said, he offered her and her friend asylum as well as protection in his gang. Of course she had been shocked that he was the leader of BAP, the reigning gang in Seoul, and had rejected his offer at first however relented when she realized that she needed to be protected and joining him would be the only way. In return for offering her asylum and protection, she adamantly insisted that she go through the initiation that any other member went through and that her skills as a marksman be used to his advantage. He agreed and that had been how her and Himchan had entered BAP.

Yongguk never knew what to make of the brash man. He seemed to hover constantly around her and she never once pushed him away. He could tell that Himchan had more than platonic feelings for the woman but he never seemed to act on them. As far as Yongguk knew.

After his first meeting, Yongguk knew he was falling for the female and falling fast.

He liked the way she was always focused on her mission, liked her rough and calloused hands that spoke of the hardships she had endured, liked the way she’d smile at times as if it was an afterthought, liked the way her eyes always seemed to find his even in a crowd.

Yongguk tried to deny his feelings for the first year, forcing her to contact only Zelo during their initiation period and actively avoided her. But just because he physically avoided her did not mean she didn’t haunt his every thought. She was present for all 365 days that he avoided her until finally he relented to his feelings and allowed himself to stay around her.

He never outright confessed his feelings to her however he made it evident enough only to her and maybe the other inner members of BAP if they watched them closely enough. He also knew that Sae Kyung was aware of his feelings however she never brought it up so neither did he. They fell into a strange yet comforting rhythm of enjoying each other’s presence without the need to speak of such trivial things and Yongguk relished in their moments.

“You’re staring.” stated Sae Kyung, whose eyes remained closed but her smile widened just a bit.

“Just enjoying the view.” Sae Kyung’s smile now morphed into an ethereal visage, making Yongguk’s knees falter just a bit. The beauty of her full smiles were rare and cherished deep within his heart.

Her eyes opened to find his, the smile slowly dissipating as a blush stained her cheeks. She looked away first, she always looked away first, and stared up once more to obscurity where stars painted the night sky. She shifted ever so slightly so that her arm rested on his, the shared warmth seemed to heat his very core.

They stood in comfortable silence, enjoying this rare moment of peace before the storm that each knew was brewing somewhere in the distance.

For now, this was enough.

 

 

“Is everything ready?” Zico inquired in one of his more serious tones than the usual lighthearted one. U-Kwon held up one finger, consumed by the voice speaking through the phone he was holding. The line ended and U-Kwon looked up to his leader, a wicked smirk hanging off his lips.

“Everything’s ready.” He confirmed as he stood up with B-Bomb and made their way down to their respective cars.

Kyung and P.O. also made their way down to their vehicles, sharing knowing grins.

A malevolent gleam appeared in Zico’s eyes. Jaehyo sighed loudly and stretched his arms far above him in a comical manner.

“Guess it’s time to work for once.” The handsome man joked, the excitement and anticipation coursing through his veins. Zico laughed vociferously, the excitement also causing his adrenaline to run full speed.

“This is only the beginning.”

 


Happy Thanksgiving folks for those who celebrate it and for those who don't have a blessed weekend ;) 

As always, comment & make my weekend a great one please <3 Much obliged, my wonderful readers and welcome to my new subscribers I hope you enjoy the story!