Chapter One

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


The murky basement floor reeked of sweat and blood, almost palpable in the thick air. Light dimly shined from the corner lamp causing shadows to dance on the walls. Squeaks from the exhaust pipes emitted every few minutes, creating an eerie atmosphere present in the small room. The wood floors had little splinters on the edges of each plank that stabbed the girl on the floor as a rattled breath escaped her lips. 

Blood dripped down her chin, her eyesight failing her at the moment. There was aching present everywhere: starting from her temples towards her cheekbones, the dried blood caking her face, down to her collarbones which donned a nasty purple tinged bruise with new ones forming over the old ones, across to her arms which tightly covered her chest in order to protected her heart and lungs but at a price of inexplicable pain, a couple of ribs definitely broken which created a sharp ache every time she laboriously breathed, and finally to her legs which laid limply on the floor, hurting to the point she was sure she would never walk again. 

But she would walk no matter how painful things got. She had to pass this or her life as she knew it would be gone. 

A figure to her left was in a similar position, sporting similar bruises and cuts to the ones she had on her body. She strained to hear his faint breath, praying he was still alive even through the torture they had experienced. His breath was low but present and that was all the confirmation she needed. 

Even though her eyes weren't at their best, her ears could pick up the muttering from the men in the corner who had tortured them for hours now. 

"Are they finished?" The shorter one rasped, his voice hoarse from screaming at her just a few minutes ago. 

"Yeah, we should tell boss. He'll finish with them." The bigger one answered while extracting a cigarette from his back pocket. 

"Yo, pass me one. I haven't had one since this morning and I'm dying." The short one made a move towards the pack but was too slow for his bigger counterpart who just smirked at him. 

"Tsk, you're so short. Besides it's from the guy. It ain't mine."

"So? You're smoking one. Let me smoke one too!"

"I was assigned to the guy, you were assigned to the girl."

"But she only has weapons on her, no cigarettes!" The short man whined annoyingly. 

"Fine whatever." The tall one hissed, throwing the pack at him. 

"She's a fighter though. Thought she'd back out after the first hour. I didn't hold back either." He said while taking a drag of his newly lit cigarette, a satisfied groan escaping his lips. 

"I know. I watched you for a while. She didn't even scream. I think boss will be happy with them." The bigger one commented thoughtfully. 

Light poured into the dark room as the two men shielded their eyes from the door which revealed two figures. 

The first one to descend had an authoritative aura, a coldness that chilled you done to the bone, a coldness that seemed to somber any mood, a coldness that never seemed to leave your body even after he walked away. 

The second one was taller than the first and more aloof, a playful yet sinister smile hanging off the corner of his lips at all hours of the day. His hands were placed in his pockets emitting a boyish charm to him that was anything but his true nature. 

"Sir. I was just going to call you." The big man in the basement said formally, his back straightening immediately. The short man followed suit and put out the cigarette in his hand. The authoritative man nodded once while eyeing the two bloody forms on the floor. 

"How'd they do?" His deep voice inquired, circling the man first. 

"He screamed a few times but remained silent. Endured quite a bit too, I believe he'll need a couple weeks minimum to recover, sir." The tall man answered. 

"She remained quite the whole time, sir. I did my best but nothing. I'm sorry, sir." The short one said firmly with a hint of respect hidden among his words. 

"Not your fault. She's strong." The leader responded. 

"Damn, Hyung. She's ed up." The aloof male chimed in, lifting her hair from her face. "She's so pretty too, why'd you go for the face?" He grumbled cutely before looking over to his leader. 

"I-I'm sorry, sir. It'll never happen again." The short man stammered out, his eyes betraying his fearful emotions. 

"I hope so. But she'll be fine in four weeks. I'll see her then." He grinned at the male in an amused manner, his smile not quite reaching his eyes. 

"The two of you leave." The leader commanded as he made his way over to the chair in front of the two bodies. The two men bowed deeply to the leader before making their way up the stairs, leaving the two people in the fate of their leader's hands. 

The tall boy plucked out two cigarettes, one for him and one for the leader. Smoke encircled the room creating a fog that seemed seep into the girl's pores. 

"Sit them up." With his cigarette hanging off his lip, Zelo pulled first the male up against the wall then the female in the same manner. The unconscious male groaned, his head rolling dangerously. 

"She looks pretty bad." The younger male commented, a frown present upon his face. 

"We all go through it." Yongguk replied, offering no other comment.

"But still, he went pretty hard on her. Even for a guy." Zelo complained but lifted his hands in defeat when Yongguk opened his mouth to reply. "I know I know, we all go through it." He said playfully before stepping next to the leader. 

"How do you feel?" Yongguk implored, a puff of smoke escaping his lips. 

"In pain. But glad this part is over." Sae Kyung replied while rolling her shoulders around. 

"Do you regret it?" 

"Not really."

"Not really?" Yongguk questioned satirically. 

"If you make me work immediately I will regret it." She laughed, her voice faltering at the end. 

"Oh don't worry Noona, I'll make sure you get to rest enough." Zelo joked while massaging her legs for her. 

"You should wake Himchan." She said, evasively ignoring his suggestion. 

"Don't bother, I'm awake." The groggy male groaned while stretching his jaw. "Damn can that guy throw a punch." Himchan complained, looking over to Sae Kyung. 

"Well, initiation is done." Yongguk said, eyeing the two bloody individuals with a hint of amusement. 

"Welcome to BAP."