Note 3: Are we friends?

Pink Drabbles

Kim Namjoo x Kim Taehyung (V)

 

“Whyyy~?” Namjoo buried her face on the restaurant’s table while talking to Hyuk over her phone. “You’re the one who asked me to accompany you eating your favorite gopchang here!”

“Sorry Namjoo-ah... My manager suddenly asked me to go to our company...” Hyuk geniunely feels sorry.

“You said that you’re in a break, right? And I’ve already ordered a lot... I couldn’t finished all of it. Moreover I’ve been preparing for Apink’s comeback, so I must control my diet~” Namjoo still complaining even she know it won’t change her bestfriend’s decision.

“Sorry, okay? But don’t worry, Taehyungie will come in no time.”

Namjoo raised her head in surprised. “What?... Taehyung?!”

“Yes, Taehyung... Our 95-line beagle, V.”

“He will coming?” She’s still blank for a moment. “You called him?!”

“Yes, I’ve told you before in our ktalk, right?”

“No, you didn’t!” She angered.

“Ya~ it doesn’t matter by the way. He can eat my shares~ In the end your problems will be solved too.”

“But..”

“See ya, Namchuu~” Hyuk already cut Namjoo’s lines, before she could finished it.

“Hyuk, wait!” She only could stare at her phone’s screen blankly, then shrunked towards the table once again. “Why... why it has to be him out of so many people...”

Namjoo couldn’t help but recalling all of those awkward moments between her, and that Kim Taehyung. Yes, they are same-age friends, but they barely talked to each other before. Until one day, in an encore stage of a year-end event, he suddenly grabbed her hand just to say ‘good work’. And after that, he keep treating her in some strange ways.

“Haaaah... What should I do... I can’t handle that kind of unexpected-random boy the most...” Namjoo talked to herself in a hopeless tone. “What is this feeling.... Why I am so nervous....” She looked at her hand for a quite time.

“Hh... I’ll just start eating!” She tried to cheer up herself. But the moment Namjoo bites her gopchang, she suddenly could feel someone’s breath behind her ear.

“Are you talking with someone?” Taehyung’s deep voice successfully makes Namjoo chocked in shocked.

“Uhk!”

“Ah, sorry! Are you okay?” Taehyung grabbed a glass of water for her. “...drink it slowly...” He passed it to Namjoo, then sit in front of her.

Namjoo still can’t mutter any word even after she drank all of ther water. “.......”

“Sorry... really.” He looked at her in worries. “Are you really okay?”

“Yeah...” Namjoo take a new chopsticks for Taehyung. “Let’s just start eating...” She tried to look calm, though she actually almost dying from embarassement.

“Um.” Taehyung smiled happily.

The moment Namjoo saw Taehyung’s trademark smile, she want to laugh at herself because she realized that her nervousness is unreasonable. She thought that she should’ve know that Taehyung is just the same as her fellow 95-line friends.

“What’s wrong~?” Taehyung asked with his filled-with-gopchang-mouth.

“Nothing...” Namjoo finally could smile casually to him. “By the way, aren’t you busy with your tour and drama’s filming? I never thought you could have a free time to eat gopchang in suburb area like this.”

“Woaah... It seems like you are quite knowledgable about my schedules...” Taehyung gave Namjoo his teasing gaze.

“Oh?” She paused a bit because she didn’t know how to respond. “.....As expected I can’t handle him...” Namjoo whispered to herself. She didn’t know why her heart start flutters from Taehyung’s random reactions and gaze.

“Hahahah.” Taehyung just laughed because of Namjoo’s puzzled expression “Well, you’re right. I’m really busy...”

“....Then?”

“But somehow I could make some time if it is for you...” Taehyung explained like it was nothing.

“.........I see..... You must be really close with Hyuk, right?!” Namjoo actually realized that her statement just didn’t make sense.

“Hyuk?” He stopped eating for a moment to take a good look on Namjoo.

“Well, Hyuk is the one who invited you to eat gopchang together... Something’s wrong?”

“.....No.” He continues eating again, then put a lot of gopchang on Namjoo’s plate. “You have to eat a lot~”

“Thanks...” She smiled, then eats heartfully.

“........” Taehyung looks hesitate for a moment before he called Namjoo in his low tone. “Namjoo-ah...” He then dropped his chopsticks and take a deep breath.

“Hm?”

“Are we friends?”

Namjoo was starlet by his unexpected question. “...Of....course?”

“Since when?” Taehyung asked as staring deeply at Namjoo’s eyes.

“What?.... Ah.... since.... when....” Namjoo divert her eyes in panicked.

Taehyung still locking his eyes into Namjoo’s. “You know... You’re being too dense...” He giggled softly.

“Dense?”

“Do you realized how hard I tried to not being friends with you?”

Namjoo just froze in her seat. “........”

Taehyung starts speak gently. “It’s because I never have any intention to be close to you in a friendly way. Because I bet if I do that you’ll thought that I’m just one of your same-age frends. And I don’t want it to be that way. That’s why at one point I started approach you in some bold ways... But it seems even after I hardly mustered up my courage, you still didn’t realize it....”

“.........” Namjoo tried to look at Taehyung in the eyes slowly.

“Are you feeling sorry for me right now?” Taehyung grinned foolishly to make Namjoo smile, as if he’s not being serious.

Namjoo could feel Taehyung’s earnest feelings through his words, smile, and stares. “I actually realized it...” She finally could being more honest to herself.

He smiled in relieved. “It’s good then..”

“....Maybe I were too scared to hope on something more.” She smiled then pouted as regretting everything.

“It’s okay.... I actually like that side of you.” Taehyung crossed his arms proudly. “And if you were affraid getting hurted from hoping on something, it does mean that you’re actually fallen for me~”

“Ya~” Namjoo yelled cutely at him.

“Hahahah......." He always love Namjoo's natural aegyo. "So, can I conclude that we have the same mutual feelings right now?"

"Are you going to keep looking only on me from now on?" Namjoo asked bluntly.

"I always been... " Taehyung gently touched Namjoo's hair. "Well, please take care of me from now on, Namjoo-ah.” He asked Namjoo for a high five.

“Me too.....” She responded shyly. “By the way, is this how people normally confessed?” Namjoo is still being as innocent as ever.

“Hahahahah, to be honest I’m just as clueless as you about this kind of thing. I didn’t even plan to confess in a gopchang restaurant! So I were just doing everything in my own way.” Taehyung keep grinning widely, which somehow makes Namjoo felt incredibly happy too.

“I see... Then, from now on too..... please keep surprising me, Kim Taehyung!”

 

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Honestly, I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you
Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal
Why didn’t you know my heart? - So Long / Apink

 

 

 -------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. Aigoo~ Writing drabbles is so haard *cryatthecorner TT Though I’m still in hiatus, I suddenly want to write about my favorite 95-line ship. I wrote this story in a hurry, after I saw their interaction, hahahaha. Hope you like this story too~ Btw, now I'm one of a hardcore taejoo shipper, hehehe. I really appreciate your comments, so let's share love to each others <3