Note 1: Love in Silence

Pink Drabbles

Son Naeun x Kim Myungsoo (L)

 
The wind is blowing – it was such a long year
Our memories go on as if it’s passing by, riding the wind and flowing away
I remember the days we were together and again, I’m locked in the memories
The hands that were so warm, your voice that cozily embraced me
Will that day come again? -- One Year Ago / Hyunseung Namjoo Eunji

 

It’s already the fourth time they passed that street, but none of them feels bothered with that. And as always, they’re just staying in the car for their date and enjoying the rainy night view from inside.

No one throws any conversation. The only thing that can be heard is some loud musics from Hongdae cafes, their car machines, peoples talking from far away, and the rain itself.

“I’ll turn on the radio....” Naeun sounded as if she's talking to herself.

“....Ah, I forgot it. I bought your favorite detox juice for you.” Myungsoo reached his bag from the backseat without turn his head then passed it to Naeun casually. “Here.”

“Thanks.”

"........." Thirty minutes has passed, and no word crossed between them just like it’s pretty normal to be like that. Myungsoo keep driving to every corner of Seoul, and everytime he feels tired, Naeun will give him a slight massage to his shoulders even he never asked it first. 

“Let’s go back to our dorm...”  Naeun said after she checked her phone.

Myungsoo finally turned his head slightly to her with his raised eyebrows. “You have a recording tommorow?”

“Yes. At 9 am.” She puts back her phone to her bag.

“Woah, It’s pretty early~

“I know right.” Naeun put aside her bag, then start to tidy up Myungsoo’s stuffs which scattered all over his car, while he's driving them back to their dorm again. 

She didn't even need to ask which stuff that shouldn't be thrown anymore, because she already come to understand him too well, just like how well he understand her too. But Naeun's expression suddenly turned dark as she keeps tidying up everything. She starts to feel like there was something cold behind their silence. Suddenly she feels empty.

“You know...." Naeun tried to divert her own attention. "...The other day, my mom just asked me if I should take a break from being an idol. I thought she was joking that time, so I didn’t seriously responsed her. Somehow, it makes me feel bad...."

“Really? Why did she asked you about it?”

“Maybe because we were rarely talk to each others nowadays, so she started to worry if I began to forget my family.” Naeun said jokingly.

“Both of us also rarely talk to each others.... But I never could forget you.....” Myungsoo didn't flinch at all when he said it, tho Nauen's eyes already widen in surprised. She didn't expect him to react that way.

"What are you talking about~?" Naeun tried her best to hide her blushed cheeks.

Myungsoo just smiled softly then reached and held Naeun's hand, while his other hand stay at the wheel. "Well, you can't hide anything from me."

Naeun genuinely at lost from Myungsoo's words. "Hide? I'm not hiding anything from you."

"Yes, you are. You hide your worriness.... about us." His words were success to make Naeun goes blank. "You know what... when the first time I asked you to be my girlfriend, I didn’t even expect us to last for more than six months. It's not like I didn't trust you, it's just that our situation wasn't easy enough to maintain a relationship. But look at us rightnow.... We’ve been together for more than two years, and I think we’re doing fine.”

“Maybe too fine....” Naeun smiled bitterly.

“Hahahaha, you’re right~” Somehow, Myungsoo could understand what Naeun was trying to say.

“Do you even remember the last time you said ‘i love you’ to me?” She asked with a sharp gaze to him. 

“Of course! I said it to you in this car.”

Naeun just sighed in stress. “....That’s because we could only met in this car...” She let go Myungsoo's grabs in disappointment.

“Hahahahah, you never get wrong. Why do you even asked about it in the first place?” Myungsoo can't stop to tease his dear girlfriend

“Just forget it.” Naeun turned her head to the window with pouted lips. 

Myungsoo just giggled happily because he always love to see Naeun's cute angry expression. “......Though I rarely said ‘I love you’ nowadays.... but you have to know that my love for you is much more bigger that the first time I say it to you.”

“I know it.” Naeun responded shortly.

“What?!” Myungsoo feels dumbfounded. “Then you don’t have to worry about anything, right?”

“I never doubt you, Oppa. I doubt myself. I'm affraid that I were the one who drifted us apart. I were just wondering if I were too plain for you and didn’t act like how normal girlfriend treat their boyfriend out there.” Naeun explained with such a sad tone.

Myungsoo actually feels relieved, because he knows that she gone through a lot of troubles just for speaking her mind. “Come on Naeun-ah.... That’s impossible.”

Naeun furrowed her eyebrows in question. “Why?”

“How can you become a normal girlfriend?" He reached Naeun's hand once again. "....You’re a special one.”

“.......” Naeun just froze in shocked. She can't believe with how cringey her boyfriend can be. But in the end, she can't hold her slight smile from him either.

“.....We’ve arrived!” Myungsoo stopped his car in their apertement basement, and without any warning he suddenly landed his lips on Naeun's softly. "I hope this is enough to erase your worriness. And let’s visit your mother together next time.” 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. This is the first time I write a oneshot!! I were so happy when I could finish this story tho i'm still not satisfied with the outcome TT Btw, I hope this chapter wasn’t that long to be called as drabbles, hehehe. Hope you like it too~ And don’t forget to leave some comments please~ I appreciate each of your thoughts about my story soooo much! :D

AH! I accept any pair request from you. So let me know if you want your oppa to be paired with my girls XD