Welcome to the Great Demon Kingdom

Double Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

The night had already come covering the vast blue skies with darkness, but not the creepy kind of darkness that makes you tensed nor scared. If anything, the skies look like a thickly woven veil of diamonds as you can see the numerous bright stars shining and sparkling in the dark. It was both calming and soothing.

Not so far away from the house, a solitary figure is standing, looking up at the skies.

Her mind is filled with anxious thoughts and she can’t help but feel so alone at the moment… the fact that she’s currently in a different world with different people has finally sunk in. Moreover, on her very first day in this strange world she found out that she has a job to do in this world.

Sigh… Demon King huh.

And I thought things couldn’t get any worse after being flushed in the toilet.

All of this just feel so… surreal.

Am I really the one they’re looking for?

“How I hope that this is all just a dream.” The tanned girl whispered with a sigh.

“Your majesty!” a sudden voice startled her and made her jump.

The tanned girl looked behind and saw the ever gallant and poised Commander Kim Taeyeon.

“Hey Taeyeon, I must say you just scared the heck out of me just now. Please don’t do that again.” Said Yuri while showing a small pout towards the soldier.

“My deepest apologies, your majesty. But what are you doing here outside in the first place? It is getting cold and trust me, you don’t want Lady Tiffany finding out that you’re out here in the cold.” Said Taeyeon with a wink which made Yuri chuckle.

“Lady Tiffany doesn’t seem to be someone harsh. I bet you’re only saying that Taeyeon.”said Yuri with a small smile on her face as she glanced at the soldier standing beside her.

“Lady Tiffany is indeed not harsh your majesty. But she is very concerned of your welfare and I know that she won’t forgive me if ever you catch a cold because I didn’t do anything about it.” Said Taeyeon returning Yuri’s smile.

It was then when Yuri realized that Commander Kim Taeyeon is actually a very good looking girl. Her first impression of the commander was a ‘war-freak’ and serious person because their first encounter was like on a battle field but it turns out that she’s actually very nice to talk to. The Commander has her charms and Yuri wouldn’t be surprised if Taeyeon is a well- admired person in this country. After all she is a high ranking soldier with charming good looks.

Yuri let out a deep sigh before she speak again.

“I promise I’ll be back inside. Give me just a few minutes Taeyeon. If ever Lady Tiffany finds out, don’t worry. I’ll tell her I made you wait.” She said while looking up at the skies again. “I just need to clear up my mind and breathe some fresh air.” Yuri added.

The anxious eyes of the tanned girl didn’t escape Taeyeon’s eyes. She knows that the girl must still be feeling shaken from everything that she’s seen and heard. Taeyeon looked at her with sympathetic eyes and hoped that tanned girl would finally let herself rest.

“Say Taeyeon… am I really your king? Or is this just a dream?” Yuri voiced sounding so little yet just enough to make the commander hear her.

“No your majesty. This isn’t a dream. You are our king… our Demon King.” Said Taeyeon gently to the young girl.

“(sigh) I see… I guess I can’t go back home until I finished my mission huh?” whispered the tanned girl feeling homesick already.

“Your majesty, I don’t know if this can help you feel better, but if I may suggest you can think of this place as your second home. This is your kingdom after all. So that it may lessen the anxiety that you feel whenever you think of your home.” Said the commander smoothly trying to help the depressed tanned girl.

“Yeah… I guess I can think of it that way. My second home... although I’m not used to it yet but I guess I’ll be familiar of this place soon, right Taeyeon?” said Yuri with a big smile plastered on her face. The tanned girl however naïve had always been great with optimism.

“Yes your majesty, once again welcome home.” Said Taeyeon with a gentle smile.

“Thank you Taeyeon… and please stop calling me “your majesty”, I don’t want to get used to it.” Said Yuri with a little smirk on her face as she and Taeyeon shared an eye contact before laughing together.

…………………………………………

“Didn’t you guys just said that those who belong to the Demon Tribe can wield magic?” asked the tanned girl who is once again sitting at the back of Taeyeon, the two of them sharing a horse. Beside them, riding her own stallion is Lady Tiffany.

“Yes your majesty.” Said Lady Tiffany with her eye smiles beaming early in the morning. Soldiers in their horses can’t help but get drawn by the ladies beauty. It was like witnessing fresh sparkling dews in the morning. But the soldiers gazes were cut off when Commander Kim told them to focus and they were waken up from their reverie.

“Then why can’t you just use your magic to cast a spell and get us to the castle more quickly?” asked Yuri while softly massaging her aching rear end again.

And yes, they are currently on their way towards the so called King’s castle.

“I’m sorry your majesty. But you see, we can’t use spells. Our magic isn’t conjured up like that. These special skills that we have are more useful in battle.” Said Lady Tiffany apologetically.

“Oh really?” said Yuri having learned another astonishing fact about her so- called people.

“I myself doesn’t even have an ounce of those special skills your majesty so I forgive me if I can’t help you relieve that ache in your rear end.” Said Taeyeon.

The tanned girl’s face suddenly went red after what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter