The name Yuri

Double Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Into the Endless Sky

Chapter 1: The name YURI

Somewhere in the early afternoon streets of Tokyo…

“Oh, It’s no fun to be this pregnant in winter, it’s so cold and I’m all freezing and it makes me sick to eat anything hot but I still want to eat a lot because there are a lot of fine dishes, sometimes I think that I’m starting to swell. I must be looking really awful…” said a woman who is looking outside the cab’s window staring at the busy streets that they’re passing by.

“I think you look perfect.” Said the mysterious stranger next to her gently. “To be honest you’re really quite beautiful. I stopped the car because you took my breath away.”

The said stranger held her hand left hand before saying, “Did you know that babies born in December are really blessed? Surviving the cold winter makes them grow strong.”

The woman blushes and smiles shyly because of their direct contact. Her gaze fell into the handsome man’s chest where a beautiful ocean blue necklace laid on top of it.

“I’ll bet that you didn’t know too that from where I come from, the month of December is called YURI.” Said by the mysterious stranger offering her a warm smile which she also returned.

 It was a bright sunny afternoon in the busy streets of Tokyo. Although the traffic wasn’t moving on, and the fact still remains that she was about to give birth… the woman inside the cab sitting beside the mysterious stranger didn’t seem to mind her delicate state anymore.

Instead she felt comfortable and so much more secured thanks to the stranger who came to her rescue.

‘December is… Yuri’

16 yrs. Later..

A tall tanned girl in her bicycle longingly gazed upon the field where their school’s baseball team is practicing. She saw how the members were having fun and she wondered how it would feel like to be a part of the baseball team. Her train of thoughts were cut off when someone called out her name.

“Hey Kwon! What are you doing?”

She glanced behind and saw amber her classmate walking towards her.

“What are you doing here?” asked her tomboy classmate

“Nothing.” She replied, taking her eyes off the field.

“Nothing my . You must be thinking of joining the team aren’t you? Well I want you listen to me buddy, don’t. I heard you can’t enjoy high school life because practice is so tough. We worked like to dogs to pass this exam just to get into high school. Now it’s time to party- hardy. Who needs more sweat and pain?”

“Well I don’t really mind practicing if only I was a part of the team...” She whispered not letting the tomboy in front of her to hear what she said.

“What did you say again?”  the tomboy asked.

“Nothing. I was just watching. That’s all.” With that said she drove her bicycle away and left the field.

Well who am I kidding… and what’s the matter with me? I can’t keep my mind open. He’s right. I should just layback now and party to make up for all those struggles.

Yuri kept riding her bicycle until she stumbled upon a group of bullies ganging up on one particular girl.

“What do you mean you can’t play?” asked someone from the bullies. “I guess this straight-A’s too busy for us anymore. You got into that elite high school and you think you’re now something special.” Another bully spat.

Hey, that girl looks like Im Yoona… those guys seem familiar to me too

Yuri noticed that the girl named Im yoona was calm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter