JS Prom

I Fell In Love With My Best Friend

 

 

And so as what I didn’t expected, A one faithful day, they broke up.

She came to me that evening, crying on my shoulder. She said that they had a big fight and it ended up with their break up.

 Mixed feelings were scaring me inside. I was happy because she was free and maybe I would have the chance of telling her my true feelings for her but then I was feeling so bad because she is crying her heart out,  just for him. At that time, I was not quite sure of what I wanted to do.

So we found ourselves doing what we did in old days with our Saturday swim routine, spending time in our tree house. We still enjoyed doing childish pranks for we still are both young at heart. So many chances I had for me to confess my feelings for her but still I couldn't bring myself to her for I was scared of losing her once more.

I once lost her, now I could not bear of losing her again by telling her, ‘I love her’. So I just kept my feelings even if it was bursting to be expressed from my aching heart...

It was a week from our JS Prom. We were seated under the big oak tree, drying ourselves after swimming in the lake, when she said, "I was wondering Taehyung if you would like to be my partner?"

Somethings flying inside my stomach for it was like a dream I never thought would happen.

It took me awhile to answer her, "I thought there are so many boys who would die for you just to be their partner?" So she turned away and quietly said, "Well, I just thought I would like to spend that night with my bestfriend." Then she continued in a whisper I could barely hear, "Don't you want to die just like them to be my partner, Taehyung?"

I was too stunned to speak for it came close for me to blurt my feelings for her. We? we're silent for a while until I finally whispered, “I would be happy to be your partner, Chorong.”

Then she immediately turned her head to me with a bright smile and suddenly kissed my cheek.

I could hardly contain the joy I felt that time. I saw her turned red and she bowed her head, maybe because she doesn't want me to see it? But she's too late, I already saw it. ^_____^ How adorable.

To break the awkwardness, she suddenly stood up and run towards the lake,  saying, "Last one to reach the lake treats to sundae fudge?!!”

I stood up with a smile and run slowly so that I would lose, which meant having to have her with me for another three hours or more...

Our Prom Night came. I bought a new tuxedo and poured almost the entire bottle of perfume.

As I arrived at the gymnasium, I hardly recognized our classmates. Gone were the jeans and T-shirts. They were replaced with tuxedos and gowns. But there’s only one person that I’ve been searching for... Chorong.

Guess she’s not arrived yet, so I decided to just stopped searching for her and just sat on the chair while drinking water.

After waiting for a couple of minutes, I heard Chorong's voice coming from my back, saying, “Hey~”

I look up and saw her lovelier than ever in a strapless white dress with her hair flowing around her face. I think she was the most pretty angel that I've ever seen for she really looks like an angel wearing those beautiful white dress.

I stood up and opened my mouth but found out that I could not find my voice.

She laughed, “So how do I look?”

I got her hand shakily fastened the corsage around her wrist and whispered, "To the loveliest girl in the whole world."

Her face turned red then asked, "Really? Is that true?" I nodded and she smiled.

Then I held out my hand to her and bowed and said, "Would you give me the honor of your first dance?"

She laughed and curtseyed. Then I led her to the dance floor.

It was like a dream coming true, a moment of enchantment. I was there dancing with the only girl I ever loved. She was smiling up to me, as we were slowly moving in a smooth gliding motion. I found myself lost as I stared down to her sparkling brown eyes. The curls of her long hair were like waves enhancing her beautiful face.

There were so many things I wanted to tell her that moment. I wanted to tell that she was the most beautiful girl that night. I wanted to tell her that she would always be the beacon of light in my darkness, but what I wanted to tell her the most was that I love her. I drew up all my courage and bent to whisper it in her ear but suddenly, the music stopped and the magic was gone. I came close to tell it to her, but still haven't done it.

We walked towards the table and found ourselves surrounded by friends. I asked her if she wanted a drink, she nodded and so I went to get one. It took me a long time to get one and when I returned to our table, she was gone. I asked her close friend, Bomi, where she was but she told me that she doesn't know.     

So I went to search for her. As I was searching for her, I reached the garden. There I saw two silhouette figures outlined by the moon's silvery light. They were so close to each other that I could never describe the feeling I had when I recognized the strapless white dress that Chorong was wearing that night. I just turned and left the gymnasium with anger and hurt...

 

--------------------

Here's Bomi!!! :)